Carth is offline Associate Member

Is my Humalog still good?

I ordered Humalog from Canada. They always ship it with a ice pack. But when I get the package, the ice pack is melted and no longer frozen. And the Slin is not cool. Just normal temperature. Does this mean that the potency of the humalog is degraded?

I've been using it for already 2 week at 10ius post workout and not once have I felt hypo. I even tested my Blood sugar and its always at around 90-95. And yes, I do inject it IM.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    90-95 is low normal range, once you get to the 70-80 range is when people go hypo. Slin is good for 30 days not being refrigerated, so I'm going to say you're ok

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    90-95 is low normal range, once you get to the 70-80 range is when people go hypo. Slin is good for 30 days not being refrigerated, so I'm going to say you're ok

JohnnyB
    It takes me a long time to receive it from Canada though. From the time they ship it to me, it usually takes about 7 days. 7 days NOT being refrigerated!

Now...what about if it is refrigerated again AFTER the long trip? How long does the Slin last me for? Until the expiration date? Or still only 30 days?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    It takes me a long time to receive it from Canada though. From the time they ship it to me, it usually takes about 7 days. 7 days NOT being refrigerated!

Now...what about if it is refrigerated again AFTER the long trip? How long does the Slin last me for? Until the expiration date? Or still only 30 days?
    Yep..I know exactly where you got it.Took me a week to get it as well.Came to me real warm.Had some froth on top as well.I screamed my ass off to them.They replaced it.I tend to think from what you said above,it might have lost potency.

~Pinnacle~

Thing is,they keep it chilled.Then ship it,it gets warm.Sometimes too warm.They say it's good for 30 days at room temp.I live in an oven,so room temp for me is different than other ppl around the country.Especially Canada.So when the Temp keep fluctuating,I can't see the slin staying at it's peak potency.

~Pinnacle~

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I belive if kept at room temp, it should be fine. However, refridgirated is always a safer way to go ofcourse.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Thing is,they keep it chilled.Then ship it,it gets warm.Sometimes too warm.They say it's good for 30 days at room temp.I live in an oven,so room temp for me is different than other ppl around the country.Especially Canada.So when the Temp keep fluctuating,I can't see the slin staying at it's peak potency.

~Pinnacle~
    I live in Miami. But I got the humalog right after Hurricane Wilma. And during those days prior and right after the hurricane....the temperature here wasn't as hot as always. But still....I got the humalog with the ice pack NOT frozen at all.

So bottom line. What does this mean for me? That the humalog is weak? That my usual 10ius isn't good enough? I remember last year using 10ius post workout and I can feel always going slighlty hypo right before my PPWO meal. Thats how I knew it was working. Not only that but my BG reader always said my Blood sugar was low. I gained a lot and was harder. So far this year from using this humalog....none of that has happened.

Now I'm thinking my Humalog is garbage. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    I live in Miami. But I got the humalog right after Hurricane Wilma. And during those days prior and right after the hurricane....the temperature here wasn't as hot as always. But still....I got the humalog with the ice pack NOT frozen at all.

So bottom line. What does this mean for me? That the humalog is weak? That my usual 10ius isn't good enough? I remember last year using 10ius post workout and I can feel always going slighlty hypo right before my PPWO meal. Thats how I knew it was working. Not only that but my BG reader always said my Blood sugar was low. I gained a lot and was harder. So far this year from using this humalog....none of that has happened.

Now I'm thinking my Humalog is garbage. What should I do?
    I live just north of you in Ft lauderdale.So I know what you are saying as far as temp ect goes.If you aren't getting that Insulin spike right afterwards(reading the glucosometer) and not getting that hypo feeling(i know exactly what you are talking about) right before your PPWO meal,I'd say it has weakened in strength.Humalog just doesn't go bad,it weakens though.That's why they were telling everyone on the news after the storm to replace your insulin if you use it.The constant flucuations in temp have an effect on insulin.It sort of needs to be kept at the same consistant temp.
    I say send them a e mail and tell them what the deal is.They replaced mine.As I said above,mine came to me a little bubbly(frothy).

~Pinnacle~

Thread Information