surge2077 is offline New Member

Timetable For HGH

OK..I take 2iu's of growth in the morning and 2iu's before i go to bed..In the last forum i was told tha u should take in 2iu's the morning and afternoon. Problem is that i work from 9-5 and i don't get home til 8pm..So should i take all 4iu's in the morning or is there any other options?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    IMO, anything over 3IU should be split into mulitiple doses. I am sure you could take 4IU at once, but I would still split it. There has been many discussion in regards to HGH dose timings, AM and before bed doses is certinly one of the options discussed. However, the AM and afternoon doses seems to be what most people do.

-Gear

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    redbaron what are your thoughts about this

3 days after my last hgh cycle i had bloodwork done and my igf-1 level came back and it was 453 ng/ml. i would call this elevated and thus supresive due to negative feedback loop.

your thoughts please

-rodge

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    IMO, anything over 3IU should be split into mulitiple doses. I am sure you could take 4IU at once, but I would still split it. There has been many discussion in regards to HGH dose timings, AM and before bed doses is certinly one of the options discussed. However, the AM and afternoon doses seems to be what most people do.

-Gear
    I agree, I've split 3iu before

JohnnyB

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    thanks for clearing that up RB.

pinnacle posted an study yesterday that pretty much backed up your words:

To determine the time course of recovery of GH release from insulin -like growth factor I (IGF-I) suppression, 11 healthy adults (18–29 yr) received, in randomized order, 4-h iv infusions of recombinant human IGF-I (rhIGF-I; 3 µg/kg·h) or s****e (control) from 25.5–29.5 h of a 47.5-h fast. Serum GH was maximally suppressed within 2 h and remained suppressed for 2 h after the rhIGF-I infusion; during this 4-h period, GH concentrations were approximately 25% of control day levels [median (interquartile range), 1.2 (0.4–4.0) vs. 4.8 (2.8–7.9) µg/L; P < 0.05]. A rebound increase in GH concentrations occurred 5–7 h after the end of rhIGF-I infusion [7.6 (4.6–11.7) vs. 4.3 (2.5–6.0) µg/L; P < 0.05]. Thereafter, serum GH concentrations were similar on both days. Total IGF-I concentrations peaked at the end of the rhIGF-I infusion (432 ± 43 vs. 263 ± 44 µg/L; P < 0.0001) and remained elevated 18 h after the rhIGF-I infusion (360 ± 36 vs. 202 ± 23 µg/L; P = 0.001). Free IGF-I concentrations were approximately 140% above control day values at the end of the infusion (2.1 ± 0.4 vs. 0.88 ± 0.3 µg/L; P = 0.001), but declined to baseline within 2 h after the infusion. The close temporal association between the resolution of GH suppression and the fall of free IGF-I concentrations, and the lack of any association with total IGF-I concentrations suggest that unbound (free), not protein-bound, IGF-I is the major IGF-I component responsible for this suppression. The rebound increase in GH concentrations after the end of rhIGF-I infusion is consistent with cessation of an inhibitory effect of free IGF-I on GH release.

According to this study, your total IGF-I number may not be an indicator of GH suppression. Only the FREE IGF-1 is responsible for GH suppression.

thanks again,

-rodge

Thread Information