Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Deal Me In's Avatar
    Deal Me In is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    539

    Eating times with GH

    I'm curious about timing my eating while taking GH. I have read everything from not to eat 2 hours before or after injecting to 15 minutes either way to, it doesn't matter.

    Obviously while taking GH I want to maximize the effect and I would like to know if anyone has data to support a particular method. (if it in fact makes any difference.)

    I generally wake up and take my shot and then prepare breakfast so I'm usually eating about 20 minutes after injecting.

    I'm hoping that it isn't the 2 hour one. That makes four hours total and I don't think I can go that long without eating.

    Any information would be great.

    Thanks for your time.

  2. #2
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    It appears as though everyone is afraid to address this question(24 views,no response).

    If someone wants to post a study behind me and say you must follow a strict insulin -like diet for HGH to be maximized,then good for them.

    Personally,I eat as I normally would following my typical 7-8 meals per day.HGH does effect IGF levels,so you do get some added benefit from an increase in glycogen storage.But it's minimal,and I see no need at all to be meal timing around my HGH shots.

    ~Pinnacle~

  3. #3
    goose is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    England...
    Posts
    2,857
    Im with pinn here.If you use natural HGH boosters like Glutamine and Arginine,its very
    important to arrange proper Eating times.

    goose4..........

  4. #4
    Booz's Avatar
    Booz is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    E London,no SOURCES given
    Posts
    14,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    It appears as though everyone is afraid to address this question(24 views,no response).

    If someone wants to post a study behind me and say you must follow a strict insulin -like diet for HGH to be maximized,then good for them.

    Personally,I eat as I normally would following my typical 7-8 meals per day.HGH does effect IGF levels,so you do get some added benefit from an increase in glycogen storage.But it's minimal,and I see no need at all to be meal timing around my HGH shots.

    ~Pinnacle~
    agreed

  5. #5
    rodge's Avatar
    rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    holland.
    Posts
    2,847
    hgh is known for lowering insulin sensetivety and there for it would be wise to avoid carbs within hgh time frame,unless you use slin with it then you def need the carbs. personaly i don't give a damn to how many carbs i eat when on hgh. the only thing that i always do is adding 300mg r-ala and 200mcg chromium picolinate to that meal to help control bloodsugar.

    -rodge

  6. #6
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    hgh is known for lowering insulin sensetivety and there for it would be wise to avoid carbs within hgh time frame

    -rodge
    Good point, that's why some say eat protein only around your HGH shot. Yes HGH gives you added IGF-1, but it's not instant, it could take up to 20 hours before you get the IGF-1. Is that 20 hours a hard number, no, it could happen sooner, but it's not going to happen in the time frame that a meal is being digested.

    I always eat protein only around my HGH shot, it seemed to work better for me that way. But like Pin said if someone has some studies I'd like to read them. The thing about HGH, is everyone need to experimant to see how it works best for them, that includes injection timing. We can give the basics and our experiance, but you need to find what works for you, it's different for everyone

    JonnnyB

  7. #7
    taiboxa's Avatar
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    lol im not telling :D
    Posts
    29,207
    i eat like i always eat..ALOT and just take my shots morning and mid noon no worries all great gains here

  8. #8
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    hgh is known for lowering insulin sensetivety and there for it would be wise to avoid carbs within hgh time frame,unless you use slin with it then you def need the carbs. personaly i don't give a damn to how many carbs i eat when on hgh. the only thing that i always do is adding 300mg r-ala and 200mcg chromium picolinate to that meal to help control bloodsugar.

    -rodge
    You have me lost here Rodge...reason I say that is this...you've posted several times in the past about being tested a few days after an HGH run.You said your IGF levels were very elevated at the time.So with higher IGF levels I would assume you'd be more insulin sensitive than not?What am I missing here?

    I'm not even going to get into the debate Johnny posed.I've read more on the other end of the spectrum.Stating that HGH is active for around 6 hrs,and in that time frame IGF is converted.But that's another thread in itself.

    ~Pinnacle~

  9. #9
    rodge's Avatar
    rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    holland.
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You have me lost here Rodge...reason I say that is this...you've posted several times in the past about being tested a few days after an HGH run.You said your IGF levels were very elevated at the time.So with higher IGF levels I would assume you'd be more insulin sensitive than not?What am I missing here?

    I'm not even going to get into the debate Johnny posed.I've read more on the other end of the spectrum.Stating that HGH is active for around 6 hrs,and in that time frame IGF is converted.But that's another thread in itself.

    ~Pinnacle~
    i see your point but don't have an ansewr to it. fact is that hgh is known for lowering insulin sensetivity(don't know how much tho) and i can't change the outcome of my bloowork. but as i said i just eat what i have to eat and when not combined with slin i add some r-ala/cromium just in case. i tried to use avandia to overcome the chance of slin resistancie but that did'nt work out right.

    -rodge

  10. #10
    supersteve Guest
    RedBaron mentions that hgh will stop the liver's uptake of glucose. I'm sure I also read somewhere that it stops the uptake of glycogen into muscles around the time of the shot as well? I imagine this would not be a good thing. Is this correct?

  11. #11
    Pinnacle's Avatar
    Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yes,those are my legs
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    I'm sure I also read somewhere that it stops the uptake of glycogen into muscles around the time of the shot as well?
    Why then aren't the pro's that run HGH at high doses fat?If you become insulin insensitive with HGH like it's said,then why run HGH?It has a negative response to glycogen storage(bad thing) for the hours it's active(roughly 6).The carbs you'd ingest would be stored as fat.Some of the big boys at my gym run 5 iu's 3x ED.They are lean as a bean...Hmmmmmmm


    Maybe I'm missing something here????Blonde moment???

    I'm hunting for studies to see exactly how insulin insensitive a person gets while running HGH.If I have any luck,I'll post them.


    ~Pinnacle~

  12. #12
    Deal Me In's Avatar
    Deal Me In is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    539
    See this is what I was afraid of. Unless Pinn finds some studies I'm going to have to go with RedBaron and just experiment. The reason I was asking is because I'm having trouble with that last little bit of abdominal fat. I've got cuts in my legs and you can see the straitions in my shoulders but my lower abs are being incredible stubborn. I was wondering if maybe since I was eating right after my shot it was causing it.

    The logic seems to be if you are going to adjust your diet to stay away from carbs around the injection time. I will try that for a month and see what happens. If that doesn't work I will try and get up in the early morning and inject and then go back to bed for a couple of hours.

    I will just have to experiment. Pinn, let me know if you find anything on point.

    Thanks for your time.

  13. #13
    supersteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Why then aren't the pro's that run HGH at high doses fat?If you become insulin insensitive with HGH like it's said,then why run HGH?It has a negative response to glycogen storage(bad thing) for the hours it's active(roughly 6).The carbs you'd ingest would be stored as fat.Some of the big boys at my gym run 5 iu's 3x ED.They are lean as a bean...Hmmmmmmm


    Maybe I'm missing something here????Blonde moment???

    I'm hunting for studies to see exactly how insulin insensitive a person gets while running HGH.If I have any luck,I'll post them.


    ~Pinnacle~
    Well it turns out I actually read that in an article you had posted lol.

    Here's an interesting study

    Effects of growth hormone on fuel utilization and muscle glycogen synthase activity in normal humans

    J. F. Bak, N. Moller and O. Schmitz
    Medical Endocrinological Department III, University Clinic of Internal Medicine, Aarhus, Denmark.

    To examine the insulin antagonistic effects of growth hormone (GH), seven healthy subjects underwent, in random order, two 5-h euglycemic clamp studies with moderate hyperinsulinemia. A GH infusion (45 ng.kg-1.min-1) was given throughout one of the studies. GH inhibited the insulin-stimulated glucose disposal by 27% from 4.4 +/- 0.7 to 3.3 +/- 0.4 mg.kg-1.min-1 (P less than 0.02) and raised the nonprotein energy expenditures (NPEE) from 18.7 +/- 0.5 to 20.5 +/- 0.3 kcal.kg-1.24 h-1 (P less than 0.03). Lipid oxidation contributed 71.7 +/- 5.6% of NPEE during the GH infusion as compared with 48.7 +/- 5.2% during the control clamp (P less than 0.02). In skeletal muscle biopsies, insulin binding to wheat germ agglutinin-purified insulin receptors and insulin receptor kinase activity were unaffected by GH infusion. Glycogen synthase activation by insulin was inhibited by 41% during the GH clamp (fractional velocity 14.1 +/- 2.5 vs. 8.3 +/- 1.4%, P less than 0.03). In conclusion, GH 1) increases energy expenditures and inhibits glucose oxidation in favor of an increased lipid oxidation, and 2) inhibits insulin-mediated activation of the glycogen synthase in skeletal muscle biopsies by a mechanism distal to insulin receptor binding and kinase activity.
    So it appears i was right. And I meant that it would be bad not necessarily for fat loss, but not having glycogen in the muscle for muscle repair and also while working out, less glycogen in the muscles would mean failure sooner and a less effective workout.
    And the reason your buddies are lean is because even though glucose oxidation is suppressed, lipid oxidation is signficantly increased after a shot of GH.

  14. #14
    supersteve Guest
    Here's the original extract I read which I was referring to, the part in bold also raises another interesting point. Particularly since we tend to think lr3 will offset the negative effects of GH on blood sugar.

    In addition to its effects mediated by IGF-I, GH greatly stimulates lipolysis in adipose tissue,24 both central and peripheral, by an IGF-I independent mechanism. The effects of free fatty acids in inhibiting uptake of glucose into heart, adipose tissue, and muscle are at least partly responsible for the hyperglycaemia and insulin resistance associated with rhGH administration.25,26 GH inhibits glycogen storage in liver and muscle27 by a mechanism that lies beyond the insulin receptor.26 Somewhat paradoxically, IGF-I alone has an acute insulin-like hypoglycaemic effect.28 However, this effect appears to be usually overridden during chronic rhGH treatment.29

  15. #15
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You have me lost here Rodge...reason I say that is this...you've posted several times in the past about being tested a few days after an HGH run.You said your IGF levels were very elevated at the time.So with higher IGF levels I would assume you'd be more insulin sensitive than not?What am I missing here?

    I'm not even going to get into the debate Johnny posed.I've read more on the other end of the spectrum.Stating that HGH is active for around 6 hrs,and in that time frame IGF is converted.But that's another thread in itself.

    ~Pinnacle~
    IGF-I inhibits burst mass of pulsatile insulin secretion at supraphysiological and low IGF-I infusion rates.

    Porksen N, Hussain MA, Bianda TL, Nyholm B, Christiansen JS , Butler PC, Veldhuis JD, Froesch ER, Schmitz O.

    Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism M, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark.

    Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) shares structural and functional features with insulin, affects carbohydrate metabolism, and inhibits insulin secretion. Insulin secretion is pulsatile, and it is regulated by changing frequency and/or mass of secretory bursts. To examine the mechanism of IGF-I's inhibition of insulin secretion, eight healthy volunteers were studied three times. During glucose infusion ( 2.5 mg x kg(-1) x min(-1)) blood was sampled minutely at time 75-200 min for triplicate insulin concentration measurements by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA; coefficient of variation 2.1%). Time 125 min infusion of s****e, low-dose IGF-I ( 0.025 microg x kg(-1) x min(-1)) or high-dose IGF-I (0.15 microg x kg(-1) x min(-1)) was commenced and continued until 200 min. Data were compared before (75-125 min) vs. during infusion (150-200 min). Insulin concentration time series were deconvolved, using validated pulse-detection criteria, to assess insulin secretory burst mass and frequency. During s****e infusion no time effect occurred. After IGF-I infusion, serum C-peptide decreased (582 +/- 85 vs. 481 +/- 82 pM, low-dose IGF-I, P < 0.05; 539 +/- 84 vs. 427 +/- 69 pM, high-dose IGF-I, P < 0.01). Total insulin secretion rates decreased by 17 and 21%, respectively, via specific inhibition of the insulin secretory burst mass (31 +/- 8 vs. 20 +/- 4 pmol/ml, low-dose IGF-I, P = 0.06; 22 +/- 4 vs. 17 +/- 3 pmol/ml, high-dose IGF-I, P < 0.05), whereas the frequency was not affected (10.5 +/- 1.3 vs. 10.7 +/- 1.3 pulses/h, low-dose IGF-I, P = 0.85; 8.7 +/- 1.0 vs. 11.1 +/- 1.2 min/pulse, high-dose IGF-I, P = 0.15). We conclude that IGF-I inhibits pulsatile insulin secretion by specific inhibition of mass but not frequency of secretory bursts.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •