juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member

Question insulin questions

Just wanted to clear some stuff up:
    ·It says Humalog has a duration of 6 hours. So i cant fall asleep till 6 hours after i used it (i workout late)? Or u just cant fall asleep during the peek?

·I should start out with 1IU and increase it 1IU a day until i reach 10iu?

·Can i use fat free milk in the PWO shake? That much powder and water will make me gag lol

·What glucose monitor do u suggest?

Feel free to add what ever else ud like

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    the 6 hrs is when shot subq. we shoot it IM wich cuts the duration time aprox. in half.

start of at 4iu and increase by 1iu till 8-10iu.

stick to water and dex/whey iso. i use milk in my ppwo shake.

-rodge

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    oh alright... so i could go to sleep 3-4 hours after shot?

Is optimum nutrition 100% whey a good shake to use? (thats what i have now)

Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    the 6 hrs is when shot subq. we shoot it IM wich cuts the duration time aprox. in half.

-rodge

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    oh alright... so i could go to sleep 3-4 hours after shot?

Is optimum nutrition 100% whey a good shake to use? (thats what i have now)
    I use "ON" as well.Good stuff.

I'd try to not sleep for around 5 hrs myself.Sometimes you get this lag effect from slin.I've had it happen.Didn't kick in right away.Took more than and hour,then bam!So you need to be awake so you can eat if such an occurrence should happen.You don't want to go asleep and become hypo,Not good..lol..

~Pinnacle~

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

-rodge
    Hey rodge, how you going? Hope all is well.

I just have a quik input in regards to using milk with your PWO shake. I actually only use water as I was under the impression that milk slows down the absorption rate. I can't excatly recall where I got this information from, perhaps it was from the diet forum on this site, or maybe somebody told me. I am not sure. But I was def told that. Do you have any input about this?

We need a nutrition expert here.

-Gear

Ok, I just relised he is talking about PPWO, and not PWO, so my bad on that one. However, even though he is talking about PPWO, he is still having a shake and it's with milk. I understand milk consumption with whole foods (not shake) for PPWO meal would probably be ok, only because he is consuming whole foods. But, because he isn't consuing whole foods for PPWO, instead a shake, wouldn't it still be slightly more beneficial to have water with his shake for PPWO?

-Gear

Good point RedBaron, my PPWO meal also consists of more than liquids only, usually grilled chicken breats with baked potatoes or boiled white rice. Sometimes I will even add another shake to go with it as well, in water.

-Gear

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    you are correct that i'm having another shake at the 1hr mark consisting of skimmed milk/whey iso/weightgainer. i switched to this cause of all the horror stories here in europe about the bird flu(spelling) so i wanted to avoid chicken and eggs. at first i switched to lean meat but since this still contains some fats i decided to go this way and i must say that i really like how its going. now i'm having my meat an hour after my ppwo shake when slin is almost out of my system.

-rodge

Hey rodge, thanx for the input. Stay way from those damn birds will you.

-Gear

SteveeeO is offline Junior Member

-rodge
    there's no need to even aspirate since this can be shot intraveniously, correct?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveeeO
    there's no need to even aspirate since this can be shot intraveniously, correct?
    I think RB summed it up well in this post...

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    With respect to insulin , I think everything has already been said. SubQ and IM are going to equate to similar results ... but the nod goes toward IM for two reasons. It hits much faster and harder (thus getting the nutrients into the muscles we have worked quicker and in more abundance), and it clears out faster (so we can resume eating a normal diet without looking like the Michelin man).

Please NEVER inject insulin IV ... you are asking for a trip you will really never want to take.

With respect to the way we use supps, it really NEVER makes much sense to consider IV anyway. We get great absorption with subQ and IM, and we avoid the great risk for infection and scarring of our veins that way.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think u want to shoot it IV though... not sure, still new to this part of the game... I have not had much success aspirating a slin needle though..

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    I don't think u want to shoot it IV though... not sure, still new to this part of the game... I have not had much success aspirating a slin needle though..
    that's what I'm saying, it's hard enough to pull back on a 25g

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I think RB summed it up well in this post...
    thanks, I've heard that it could be

j martini is offline Member
    you are correct that i'm having another shake at the 1hr mark consisting of skimmed milk/whey iso/weightgainer. i switched to this cause of all the horror stories here in europe about the bird flu(spelling) so i wanted to avoid chicken and eggs. at first i switched to lean meat but since this still contains some fats i decided to go this way and i must say that i really like how its going. now i'm having my meat an hour after my ppwo shake when slin is almost out of my system.

-rodge
    I think the bird flu is media hype. Im sure not worried im eating 1.5kg of chicken a day at the minute.

Thread Information