Question for advanced slin users

When your trying to keep the bf down on insulin , do any of you ever go 5 or 6 grams of sugar per iu of slin as opposed to 10? I've gone slightly lower b4, like 6 grams/iu, just sure to have sugar by my side in case. anybody else?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    It's a tricky game,but if you now your tolerance,it can be done easily.I can go fairly low on dex while taking high dose slin.I'm usually good at 15 iu/80g dex.

~Pinnacle~

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    When your trying to keep the bf down on insulin, do any of you ever go 5 or 6 grams of sugar per iu of slin as opposed to 10? I've gone slightly lower b4, like 6 grams/iu, just sure to have sugar by my side in case. anybody else?

Im usually just fine with 6 g/IU myself. Only time I ever had trouble with that was when I got brave one day and decided to come home after workingout/injecting insulin PO and mow the grass. After about 45 minutes of mowing I started to feel hypo, but just went inside and drank some orange juice and ate a powerbar and I was fine. I was able to go back out and finish mowing the lawn.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's not about how much dextrose you have, instead, it's about where your BG levels are at. One may consume alot of dex and still have low BG. So in regards to dex consumption amount PWO, it all depends on the person as everybody is different.

I think the key to not gaining fat is to get a BG monitor and monitor your BG levels. If the monitor is showing that your BG level is high, then you are probably consuming too much dex, if your BG monitor is showing that your BG levels are low then your chances of gaining fat are slim. So as I said, I think the key is to get a BG monitor so that way you can fine tune your diet.

Just for your info though, I have gone as low as 4g of dex for every 1IU of insulin . I don't recomend this to anybody though, so do not try.

-Gear

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I think the key to not gaining fat is to get a BG monitor and monitor your BG levels.

Can't say it any better then this. We all have a differnet tolerance. I use Slin all the time. Whether its for cutting or bulking I still use the same amount of Carbs. I"m very sensitive and If I even try to drop to 9g per 1iu I start slipping into hypo. I've found that my body can not tolerate under the most common use dose at 10g per 1iu. There will never really be a number that is garanteed to suit us all. Just like a lot of things its based on the individual. I do like to see how low people are going though. Good thread.....

Gear is right when he says everyone is different....I am no exception...I have only used humulin r (a little slower acting than humalog) and have shot 15 iu (IM, 15 minutes before the end of my workout) and consumes no carbs for the rest of the day and was fine. Checked my bg levels throughout the day and it was always above 80. I did this for a while and I guess the insulin does not affect me at all...I dont know if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Before anyone says anything, I started at 6 iu pwo with 75 grams of dextrose and upped the dose to 15 after a while. THan when I was at 15, I started to lower the carbs to see where i needed to be and in the end foung out that I was fine without any carbs.

Thread Information