marshallwatts is offline New Member

eating and igf-1

from what i've read i should take my igf-1 immediately post workout, like insulin . do i have to drink a bunch of dextrose and eat a bunch of carbs for a few hours afterwards like with insulin?
    thanks-marshall

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallwatts
    from what i've read i should take my igf-1 immediately post workout, like insulin . do i have to drink a bunch of dextrose and eat a bunch of carbs for a few hours afterwards like with insulin?
    thanks-marshall

IGF (Insulin-Like Growth Factor) It is similar to Slin but definitely not as harmful. I continue to follow the protocol that I do for slin but it doesnt have to be measured out as accurately. I'll take about 60-80g Dex/Malt PWO along w/ 60g isolate. Then continue to consume my high carb/protein meals afterwards. Dont stress yourself out about it Marshall. Its really a great drug with minimal sides. In my case, I've ran up to 100mcg's and NO sides.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I Heard That You Should Consume Double The Amount Of Dextrose To Protein...Maybe Someone Could Back me Up On This...

Brent_G is offline Associate Member
    well your body will tell you if you need to up the carbs or not. If you are feeling lathargic then up them.. if you have your normal energy level then you are fine.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    I Heard That You Should Consume Double The Amount Of Dextrose To Protein...Maybe Someone Could Back me Up On This...
    You can with slin, I do 70 dex and 50 pro when using LR3

JohnnyB

Thread Information