PaulieM. is offline Banned

Pre-workout igf-1

i was wondering if anybody has shot their igf-1 pre-workout. i thought about tryin it just to experiment, but i figured i'd ask what other peoples experiences have been.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Try it...experiment, and let us know how it goes.Nothing wrong with experimenting.Nothing is written in stone(in regards to IGF).
    Fact is,we know very little about the effects of LR3 IGF-1.There are no studies available to back claims of hyper-plasma,or if it actually occurs in humans.Everything you read(in regards to hyper-plasma) is nothing more than speculation.

~Pinnacle~

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieM.
    i was wondering if anybody has shot their igf-1 pre-workout. .

One of my friends ran it preworkout and loved it. My next run will be coming up soon and I'll be running it preworkout. Supposedly the pumps are insane. We shall see...............

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    One of my friends ran it preworkout and loved it. My next run will be coming up soon and I'll be running it preworkout. Supposedly the pumps are insane. We shall see...............
    What was his time frame for doing the shot before training?1 hr out?2 hrs?

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    What was his time frame for doing the shot before training?1 hr out?2 hrs?

~Pinnacle~

1 hour before training with an ultra fuel. He trained in the evening so he took 50mcg AM and 50mcg Preworkout. Doses were spaced out about 8 hours

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    I've read about pre workout schedules on other forums - mostly with the "insane pump" result. Sometimes I've even seen the word "painful" used to describe the pump. Also read about people going hypo during the workout - duh.

If this is true, what would be the advantage of a dose pre-workout?

I'm not generally interested in how I look when I workout, but the muscle building results. Would the increased, localized "pump" provide growth advantages? hypertrophy, hyperplasia, IGF or amino shuttling?

Inquiring minds want to know

The more of a pump I get in the gym the better workout I have. Better workouts=better results. There is a slight chance of hypo setting in thats why the 100g of carbs pre workout. Kind of hard to tell the difference between hypo and crazy sweaty pumps so I'd even recommend sipping some carbs throughout workout. Whatever carbs your ingesting are getting carted right into muscle groups that you're training. That is where the muscle fullness and intense pumps are probably coming from. You will still have the shuttling capabilities LR3 has to offer PWO due to its half-life.

Remember Trips, a lot of this is trial and error and I'm trying everything. So far I've found what works for me but am still curious to what other procedures have to offer.

Gotcha Jayhova, I'm going to start my 1st IGF cycle at the end of the week. Pre-workout has some advantages for me in terms of convenience, as I work out in the morning (except on weekends). Keep us posted on your observations, but like you said, we probably have to plan on experimenting.

Are you going to split your daily dose if you try pre workout?

Remember Trips, a lot of this is trial and error and I'm trying everything. So far I've found what works for me but am still curious to what other procedures have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    Are you going to split your daily dose if you try pre workout?

I have ran 100mcg both split and PWO and didnt really see much of a difference as far as results. It makes more sense to me to split it up so that's what I'm going to do. I work out in the afternoon so will be doing an AM split and preworkout. Looking forward to it Trips. Good Luck to you.........

goose is offline Banned
    Good information jay,I think I will give it a try,as my next cycle starts on friday.

goose4......

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    The pump doesn't help for muscle growth, it got it's cult following because Arnold say it was better the cumming, in pumping iron. The pump is fluid going to the damaged muscle site and lactic acid, in that fluid is IGF-1 BP, so I'm not sure how it would work. You'll be tearing down the worked muscle, the IGF-1 BP would be keeping some of the LR3 at that site, but you're still working it so what happens then? Does working the muscle break down the LR3 that is at the wound site? Which wouldn't help in the recovery process, but since it's being broken down because your still working the muscle, I don't know, I'm just putting it out there. Would the LR3 start the recovery process? If it did that could help build muscle faster, I think.

What you want is more muscle brake down so you'll get more IGF-1 receptors, heavy weight brakes it down better, but you won't get much of a pump, but you'll still get the fluid for repair. It's hard to say for sure what would happen. heavy sets in the 5-8 range isn't going to give you much of a pump, but it'll brakes down the muscle more. High reps, will give you more fluid and lactic acid, but not as much brake down of the worked muscle.

Here's where people go wrong, heavy, don't go by poundage, but by the weight you can do with good form for X amount of reps. So to go heavy you need to find what weight you can do with good form for 5-8 reps, that you can still control after the set is done.

The pump is over played, it isn't an indicator of your muscle growing more, it just more fluid and lactic acid going to the muscle. The more reps the more goes to that muscle, but more fulid doesn't mean more IGF-1 receptors, the more the muscle is broken down the more receptors you get. Because those receptor sites are what's going to help the muscle fully repaired, from the IGF-1 or in our case LR3 IGF-1.

Now I realize that after a few weeks of using LR3 you get a pumped feeling in some muscles. You can be working your back and your forarms hurt, but that never seemed like the pump to me, it was just my forarms tighting up, why? I don't know. Like Pin said there's isn't any info out there that is done on humans.

I'm not saying don't use to pre w/o, because no one really knows what is happening. For me using it after your w/o seem to be the better time. Not only do you have IGf-1 receptors on the broken down muscle but the added action of the shuttling effect of LR3 on the glucose, is a plus in the recovery process. I know, the glucose will be replaced during the w/o, I read a study or 2 a long time ago where they did carbs before a w/o and post w/o, the post w/o worked better.

JohnnyB

i ran it pre-workout. it was definately more convenient(not having to take the vial with me to the gym in ice). also i gotta say i definately seemed to have a better pump. i have an injured pec and have to use very light weight and i still got a great pump. i'm going to continue running it pre workout 'til i run out probably.

Bro you don't need to take the vial to the gym, I pre-load a pin, put is under my ice water that is for my shake and hit it my car. But if that's what you're looking for the pump, then go for it and let us knoe how it works out

JohnnyB

Thanks JB.

That's exactly why I asked the question. The coolness factor of a pump means d*&k to me. It seems like the variables are similar to creatine which most people (I know) use post workout. I know I know it isn't exactly the same, but its similar. Nitrix users can turn on the flames now I guess

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    The pump doesn't help for muscle growth, it got it's cult following because Arnold say it was better the cumming, in pumping iron. The pump is fluid going to the damaged muscle site and lactic acid, in that fluid is IGF-1 BP, so I'm not sure how it would work.
    JohnnyB

Thanks JB.

That's exactly why I asked the question. The coolness factor of a pump means d*&k to me. It seems like the variables are similar to creatine which most people (I know) use post workout. I know I know it isn't exactly the same, but its similar. Nitrix users can turn on the flames now I guess
    Gald it helped, the pump is over hyped, the pump is good for a show because it sends fulid to the muscles to make look fuller, but as far as growth goes, I don't see the advatage to it

JohnnyB

D.Rod 004 is offline Junior Member
    Wow. I really enjoyed reading this thread. I like the way JB explained it. Good sht!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I have been taking IGF LR3 in the morning suppossedly to minimize natural GH production decreases...

I agree, if you want to learn about "insane pumps" and BS like that you can go to other boards. If you want the unvarnished truth, and in the case of LR3 honesty about what ISN'T known, this is the place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Rod 004
    Wow. I really enjoyed reading this thread. I like the way JB explained it. Good sht!

I agree, if you want to learn about "insane pumps" and BS like that you can go to other boards.

Wait.............I dont get it Trips. Are you saying that the pumps from LR3 are BS????? I personally know people that said the pumps were amazing. After talking to them a bit more they even said these pumps came from low reps (6-8). When getting that sick of a pump at that rep range something has to be doing it. I can't read anything in Johnny's Posts that said it doesnt create a pump. He however specified that the pump is over hyped. I dont have a problem getting a pump in the gym, that is with a certain rep range. But when people tell me that the pump is so strong that it almost hurts, that definitely makes me want to try it. Give me a week and I"ll post my personal first hand experience......

No, that's not what I meant. I haven't even used LR3, but I am virtually sure that preworkout gives you a big pump. Please report your experience though. I start my cycle this week.

I was aknowledging JB's statement that big pumps don't equal benefits.

Wait.............I dont get it Trips. Are you saying that the pumps from LR3 are BS????? I personally know people that said the pumps were amazing. After talking to them a bit more they even said these pumps came from low reps (6-8). When getting that sick of a pump at that rep range something has to be doing it. I can't read anything in Johnny's Posts that said it doesnt create a pump. He however specified that the pump is over hyped. I dont have a problem getting a pump in the gym, that is with a certain rep range. But when people tell me that the pump is so strong that it almost hurts, that definitely makes me want to try it. Give me a week and I"ll post my personal first hand experience......

I was aknowledging JB's statement that big pumps don't equal benefits.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OK, I gotcha on that one.

Johnny's response was accurate, as always. It may not actually have an effect on muscle growth but I see the pump useful in other ways. Some days I'm just not feeling it in the gym. Then you have those days where you have a sick pump and it really helps motivate you. Helps me get that extra rep and push harder. So as far as being beneficial, it is to me. Would be great to benefit in other ways, as it may just be, but for now I'll take what I can get....

I have a feeling that I'm going to be starting my LR3 sooner. So I'll definitely post my results.

i'm gonna keep doin it preworkout and see if i can get some of these painful pumps i keep readin about.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieM.
    i'm gonna keep doin it preworkout and see if i can get some of these painful pumps i keep readin about.

How much are you doing??? When are you taking it and with how many carbs are you consuming??

i do 2i.u. hgh(i'm fixin to start 4or 5) as soon as i wake up. i eat a can of plain tuna and a bowl of oatmeal then i shoot my 40mcg of igf-1 in my pecs of bis. i drink a huge cupof coffee on the way to the gym. i take a gatorade with me to the gym, and i don't ever feel hypo-so i don't stress the whole carb thing, but i drink the gatorade during my last exercise.
    Last edited by PaulieM.; 12-20-2005 at 08:07 PM.

goose is offline Banned
    I agree with jay in the Purest sence.As I am not a pure bodyBuilder things operate difrently for me as my goal is not solely to develop muscle,but for my body to fuction at a consistent high level.My ideology with anabolics from very early days was I wanted to help with my training in a major manner,to mutate with Inspiration during training.I always wanted my training to do the work not the anabolics if you conprehend my attitude this is why I dont run tren ,as half of my training is cardio,I will not take any anabolics that hamper with my training even if it`s the best anabolic ,takes the fun out.Thats why I love the pump feeling too because it makes me perform like an animal which is only beneficial for me.I start my IGF friday will shoot 100mgs 2 hours before traing and 60mgs PWO,I truly want to experiment in unorthodox fashion,when you analyze the history of Medicine the greatest discoveries was accidental remember penicillin ? The molecule Carbon 60?

So much information about has been propaganda and pure speculation,MODS from forums mimicking inacurate information.Run IGF how you want to,the only golden rule to apply is run a minimum dose of 90mgs to admire the views you get from your reflection in the mirror.AAS will give you hard stats,you gained X amount.What I noticed with IGF it gives you a magical visual look that the scales cant mesure,only time will tell how good this gear is,as I`m running it for 45 days on it`s own.I only hope for perfection.

goose4..........
    Last edited by goose; 12-20-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Thats why I love the pump feeling too because it makes me perform like an animal which is only beneficial for me......

This is my main reason for the pump. If there's something that makes me feel better or more secure I do it. That pump sometimes eludes me when lifting. Then to be able to take something that gives you that intense feeling is beneficial in more ways then one, for me at least. Even if it has been layed out that the pump will do nothing as far as LBM, directly. Thats fine with me, as long as I have that feeling that pushes me harder and harder, I"m good to go.................

All this talk is getting me ready. I"m starting 120mcg a day for 30 days tomorrow. I'll post my results and see if I can confirm what I've heard.

Thread Information