Thread: LR3 IGF-I info

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Smile LR3 IGF-I info

The somatotropic axis in neonatal calves can be modulated by nutrition, growth hormone , and Long-R3-IGF-I

H. Hammon and J. W. Blum
    Division of Nutrition Pathology, University of Bern, Switzerland.

Effects on the somatotropic axis [plasma levels of insulin -like growth factors (IGFs) I and II, IGF-binding proteins (IGFBPs), and growth hormone (GH)] of feeding different amounts of colostrum or milk replacer, of Long-R3-IGF-I (administered subcutaneously or orally; 50 micrograms.kg body wt-1.day-1 for 7 days), and of subcutaneously injected recombinant bovine GH (rbGH; 1 mg.kg body wt-1.day-1 for 7 days) were evaluated in calves during the 1st wk of life. Plasma Long-R3-IGF-I increased after subcutaneous application but not with the oral dose. Endogenous IGF-I was higher in calves fed colostrum six times compared with those fed only milk replacer. Native IGF-I was highest in rbGH-injected calves but was lowered by the subcutaneous injection of Long-R3-IGF-I. IGF-II concentrations were not modified by any of the treatments. IGFBP-2 increased in calves fed only milk replacer and those receiving subcutaneous Long-R3-IGF-I. GH was not modulated by differences in nutrition but increased after rbGH administration and similarly in all groups after intravenous injection of GH-releasing factor analog GRF-(1-29). Parenteral administration of Long-R3-IGF-I decreased GH concentration but did not affect the secretory pattern. The data demonstrate that the somatotrophic axis is basically functioning in neonatal calves and is influenced by nutrition, GH, and Long-R3-IGF-I.
    and

Cytokines modulate the sensitivity of human fibroblasts to stimulation with insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) by altering endogenous IGF-binding protein production
    ME Yateman, DC Claffey, SC Cwyfan Hughes, VJ Frost, JA Wass, and JM Holly

Human dermal fibroblasts produce a number of insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs) including the main circulating form, IGFBP-3. It has been suggested that the regulation of IGFBP secretion may play a major role in modulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF) bioactivity. We have quantified the effects of two cytokines, transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) and tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) which have opposing actions on fibroblast IGFBP-3 production, and examined their subsequent role in IGF-I mitogenesis. TGF-beta 1 caused a dose-dependent increase in IGFBP-3 in serum-free fibroblast-conditioned media. TGF-beta 1 (1 microgram/l) resulted in immunoreactive IGFBP-3 levels reaching 286.5 +/- 22.4% of control after 20 h, the increase being confirmed by Western ligand blot. TNF-alpha caused a dose-dependent decrease in fibroblast IGFBP-3 secretion, 1 microgram TNF-alpha/l reducing IGFBP-3 levels to 32.1 +/- 11.% of control. This effect was not due to cytotoxicity and was not cell-density-dependent. Fibroblast proliferation was examined using a 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) colorimetric cytochemical bioassay. The addition of IGF-I resulted in dose-dependent growth stimulation after 48 h, the effective range being 20-100 micrograms/l. The IGF-I analogue Long-R3-IGF-I which has little affinity for the IGFBPs was approximately 20-fold more potent in this assay, and was unaffected by exogenous IGFBP-3.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)
    Just thought these findings were interesting.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Studies about LR3 IGF-I are hard to come by, but there are a few. Some guys on this site reported gains with oral LR3-IGF-I, but this study says that is impossible with oral delivery.

Thread Information