vestax is offline Member

insulin newb questions

I want to give insulin a try but only for 2 weeks as my first test run. I have a few questions though

I have good experience with AAS & IGF

1- is it better to do it on cycle? (currently on prop/tren /primo)

2- what happens when you come off it? how long until your insulin levels return to normal?

vestax is offline Member
    Oh and also what do you do when coming off? Change in diet?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    For your reading pleasure: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=192403

Quote Originally Posted by vestax
    1- is it better to do it on cycle? (currently on prop/tren/primo)
    That'd depend on your goals/expectations.

Actually i believe it's 'best' to run it on AND off cycle.

Lemme explain.. for my next cycle i plan on running insulin 4 weeks on.. 4 weeks off tru-out the cycle... Then tru the PCT.

e.g.

Weeks: 1-16: Test-E
    Weeks: 1-4; 9-12; Insulin PWO

PCT:
    Weeks: 1-4: Nolva
    Weeks: 1-4: Aromasin
    Weeks: 1-4: Insulin PWO [on workout days.. or first thing in the a.m. on non-workout days]

2- what happens when you come off it? how long until your insulin levels return to normal?
    'until insulin levels return to normal'?

I think you've confused proposed pancreatic suppression with gonadal suppression.

It doesn't work the same way tho dude.

I think you meant to ask.. "How long after the cycle will it take for my pancreatic output, in response to carb ingestion, to return to normal"

The short answer?

The structure of our insulin use (the PWO application) has been proposed to be safe.. in that pancreatic suppression isn't likely.

Thus, to your question i'd have to say post-cycle your pancreatic output should be the same.

~Narkissos

You are a wealth of knowledge Narkissos. Good Post man!

GP

Oh and also what do you do when coming off? Change in diet?
    When using slin you make adjustments to your diet..

e.g. your PWO shake may be higher in carbs... If you normally have a mid-glycemic shake, you'd switch to a high-glycemic shake...You may have a second shake also etc.

Such adjustments depend on the individual.

When you 'come off'.. such adjustments are no longer 'necessary'... so you remove them.

That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    When using slin you make adjustments to your diet..

e.g. your PWO shake may be higher in carbs... If you normally have a mid-glycemic shake, you'd switch to a high-glycemic shake...You may have a second shake also etc.

Such adjustments depend on the individual.

When you 'come off'.. such adjustments are no longer 'necessary'... so you remove them.

That's about it.
    There are also some situation-based responses... not exactly a 'must'.. but a possibility.

e.g. Insulin resistance.

Not likely on short cycles... or mini-cycles (2 weeks... like what you propose)

I'm no authority on Insulin resistance.. but the gist of it is that it's manifestation is established tru the monitoring of Fasting BG levels prior to the start of a slin cycle.. during .. and comparitively after said cycle.

If it's noted at the culmination of a cycle.. the course of action is to attempt to arrest and reverse said condition true insulin-sensitising drugs.

I did not mention this in my previous post because:

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Insulin resistance.

Not likely on short cycles... or mini-cycles (2 weeks... like what you propose)
    ~Nark

vestax is offline Member
    I actually meant that because you are adding a supraphysiological amount of insulin into your body...that you must be shutting down natural production...I am just curious but when you stop taking it does your body kick back in right away immediately after discontinuing use? no delay? thanks a lot bro have you heard of people using this shit for part of their AAS PCT?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I actually meant that because you are adding a supraphysiological amount of insulin into your body...that you must be shutting down natural production...I am just curious but when you stop taking it does your body kick back in right away immediately after discontinuing use? no delay? thanks a lot bro have you heard of people using this shit for part of their AAS PCT?
    Let me but in and answer this for Nark.

I don't think you are shutting down your natural production, I think once you stop using insulin your natural production continues with producing the usual "x" amount it usually does.

Insulin is great for PCT, as a matter of fact I think that's the best time to use slin as slin is very beneficial for recovery. People usually use it 4
    ON/OFF during cycle and through PCT. That's what I do.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Let me but in and answer this for Nark.

I don't think you are shutting down your natural production, I think once you stop using insulin your natural production continues with producing the usual "x" amount it usually does.

Insulin is great for PCT, as a matter of fact I think that's the best time to use slin as slin is very beneficial for recovery. People usually use it 4
    ON/OFF during cycle and through PCT. That's what I do.

-Gear
    '

In bold above:

Great reply Gear... I subscribed to this topic.. but i was unable to log on before just now.

~Narkissos

vestax is offline Member
    I want to try insulin out, very very slowly at first- I'm not looking for crazy pro BB gains, just nice lean, easy to keep ones. Personally, I don't see what is so scary about insulin though. I work out at 3 and then usually am around the house all day so going hypo really doesn't scare me that much.

What's a good way to get these lean gains without gaining a lot of fat from the slin in the process? I am really trying hard to bring up a lagging chest and think that this may be helpful.

What would typical slin-only cycle gains be (although I will be running it with AAS)?

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Personally, I don't see what is so scary about insulin though. I work out at 3 and then usually am around the house all day so going hypo really doesn't scare me that much.

What would typical slin-only cycle gains be (although I will be running it with AAS)?
    they fact that this your first time running and your not scared of going hypo worries me.

I have a script for insulin and I'm still waiting to pick it up. I was going to use it for a cutter, but I really don't understand the whole carbs and planning a diet around it.
    So I'm just shying away from it for now. But to literally say that your not worried about going hypo is crazy.

vestax is offline Member
    I mean that if I go hypo I am not going to be somewhere without quick access to glucose. I think when using it as a cutter you have more to worry about.

How effective is it at cutting? Just good at keeping your muscle I suppose?

I'm not looking for crazy pro BB gains, just nice lean, easy to keep ones.
    If you want to keep your gains then slin is a perfect drug to use. So if that's what you are after then use slin throught PCT PWO only.

What's a good way to get these lean gains without gaining a lot of fat from the slin in the process?
    Insulin is diet dependnt. This means it is not the insulin that will make you gain fat, it is the food you consume. The best way not to gain fat while on slin is to eat the right foods, at right times and consume right amounts as excess can lead to fat gain. So, it's just a matter of figuring out your diet and timing of consumption and amount etc.

I am really trying hard to bring up a lagging chest and think that this may be helpful.
    Insulins main purpose is to shuttle nutrients into cells which can lead to size, weight and strength gain. This means if you gain weight, you are more than likely to gain weight all over, not only around certain body parts. Some body parts may look "fuller" but that's probably because you just trained that body part, injected there or trained that body part harder than anything else. Nothing that will stay that way permenantly. So to cut the long story short, insulin probably isn't the best drug to use if you want to increase only one body part. If you are looking at doing that then you might waht to visit the "Training Forum" and ask this question there.

IMO, insulin does not bring much size, strength or weight, if any at all. However, it is great for recovery, and recovery is very important as keeping muscle cells is what you want to do. As I said above, its main purpose is to shuttle nutrients into cells faster and allow your body to absorb a bit more nutrients than usual. This is very beneficial.

Hope that helped.

-Gear

I don't see what is so scary about insulin though. I work out at 3 and then usually am around the house all day so going hypo really doesn't scare me that much.
    It's good to be confident, and it's good to hear that you are around the house if you go hypo therefore you would have easy access to simple sugars incase of emergency, but the reason why people are scared to use insulin is because it really can lead to serious side effects. So, it's probably nothing to play around with. That is the actual truth of the matter.

-Gear

Rolsroyce is offline Junior Member
    if you ever do go hypo you will gain new respect for the slin. Just be careful bro.Learn all you can and get a meter to check you blood sugar with ,like diabetics use...

weightgainer4L is offline New Member
    are the gains from slin really worth all that trouble???? What is so special about them

vestax is offline Member
    You can usually get the meter for free in Canada at any drug store if you buy like a 100 test strips or something (is it the same in the states?)

If I wanted to taper up from 1 IU --> 3IU slin....is 3IU considered a lot with respect to how much my body is naturally producing?

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If I wanted to taper up from 1 IU --> 3IU slin....is 3IU considered a lot with respect to how much my body is naturally producing?
    start off with 4iu and work your way up by 1iu each workout untill you reach 8-10iu wich is the dose that works great for most of us.

-rodge

Quote Originally Posted by weightgainer4L
    are the gains from slin really worth all that trouble???? What is so special about them
    Insulin isn't going to bring major weight, strength or size gains. When I use slin I feel and look excatly the same as when I don't use slin. But this does not mean that slin isn't doing what its supposed to do. Insulin will help shuttle more nutrients faster and nutrition is a very important part of exercising.

-Gear

vestax is offline Member
    Insulin isn't going to bring major weight, strength or size gains. When I use slin I feel and look excatly the same as when I don't use slin. But this does not mean that slin isn't doing what its supposed to do. Insulin will help shuttle more nutrients faster and nutrition is a very important part of exercising.

-Gear

I thought it was bad for strength & weight but good for size which is mostly what I am concerned with (aesthetics)

Can you take it and not get fat or are the fat and muscle definetly going side and side?

I thought it was bad for strength & weight but good for size which is mostly what I am concerned with (aesthetics)

Can you take it and not get fat or are the fat and muscle definetly going side and side?
    No insulin is not good for "size", strength or weight. So if you are after size then you might want to take up another alternative. You can still use insulin for additional benefits, but as I said, don't expect miracles from it.

-Gear

vestax is offline Member
    I am not after size or weight gain, just wanna keep my gains post cycle and increase in strength is always beneficial....I think I will try it just PCT rather than during my cutter....will def post results thanks for all the input bross

I am not after size or weight gain, just wanna keep my gains post cycle and increase in strength is always beneficial....I think I will try it just PCT rather than during my cutter....will def post results thanks for all the input bross
    No worries.

It's def a better idea to run slin with PCT rather then while you are cutting because when insulin is in the picture the chances of fat gain increase by far and that's the last thing you want while cutting.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    start off with 4iu and work your way up by 1iu each workout untill you reach 8-10iu wich is the dose that works great for most of us.

-rodge
    Agreed 100%

Insulin isn't going to bring major weight, strength or size gains. When I use slin I feel and look excatly the same as when I don't use slin. But this does not mean that slin isn't doing what its supposed to do.

-Gear
    I think i'm an anomoly... because slin brings about weight gain.. (even if it's just 3 lbs... my muscle's 'look' changes) and sizeable strength gains. I don't by any stretch 'look the same' while on slin.

Agreed on point #2:
    Insulin will help shuttle more nutrients faster and nutrition is a very important part of exercising.

I personally think it's good for all of the above... but the degree to which it is depends on: 1. the individual, 2. one's diet and supplementation regime, 3. What other hormones are being maniuplated in addition to insulin

Yea you can take it and not get fat...As noted earlier on this thread... It's diet dependant.

I should note that i've used slin and t3 together (only: nothing else added.. no androgens etc.) as my cutting stack.. with awesome results.

Good luck man

~Nark

Thread Information