lzicc is offline Senior Member

Ok guys, what's going on with my sleep

I am on week 3 of HGH at 2.5iu's 5/2. I have been looking forward to the great sleep that I would get from it. Well, my sleep has been horrible. I am having trouble falling asleep and when I do fall asleep, I wake up a few hours later and toss and turn all night. This week has been really bad. I am getting maybe a few hours of sleep everynight. Is this a common thing at the beginning?

I take my shot around 5 pm and go to bed around 9 pm. I did try to take the shot right before betime, but that seemed to really keep me up.

Any suggestions?

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you using any gear with it??

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I am on week 3 of HGH at 2.5iu's 5/2. I have been looking forward to the great sleep that I would get from it. Well, my sleep has been horrible. I am having trouble falling asleep and when I do fall asleep, I wake up a few hours later and toss and turn all night. This week has been really bad. I am getting maybe a few hours of sleep everynight. Is this a common thing at the beginning?

I take my shot around 5 pm and go to bed around 9 pm. I did try to take the shot right before betime, but that seemed to really keep me up.

Any suggestions?

If I remember correctly Izicc you're administering your GH with the help of a physician correct? The reason I ask is b/c typically GH would be taken in the AM, and those are words by my physician that helps me out. I have always taken it am and when running a higher dose spilt up over the day. I have always had great sleep patterns and GH enhanced them even more. Really gave a meaning to "sleep like a baby." Unfortunate that it's effecting you this much. Why don't you try injecting it in the AM. I'm curious to see what others have to say as far as their experienecs with PM injections......................

Yes, I am on test and deca . Usually when I am on a cycle, I sleep great. It's when I go into pct that I have trouble getting a full nights rest.

Jay, you are correct about the physician. They told me to take it at night so that it will help me sleep better. I tried that once and it seemed to be worse. I can try in the am if I can find the correct time to do it, especially with my eating patterns. I take a oatmeal/protein/flax shake first thing in the am, then breakfast about 2 hours later, then here comes lunch. I take the gh shot in the afternoon as I have about a 4 hour window where I don't eat. I was told to give myself that fasting buffer so that I get the full effect of the gh.

Do you think that maybe this may go away after a little time?

heavydad is offline New Member
    I am also having problems sleeping (pm injections per Dr. orders) no gear yet.

Great. I'm not alone.

How long have you been running it so far? How much are you taking?

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    Personally it helps me to eat a small meal before bed, consisting of protein and a complex carb. Except for having to hit the bathroom at least 2x per night i fall right back to sleep and sleep pretty deep.

heavydad is offline New Member
    I am on wk 5 at 2 iu 5/2. going to 4 iu 5/2 at wk 8. I am going to try it in the AM to see how it feels.

You're 5 weeks in and still having sleeping troubles. That doesn't make me feel to good. I was hoping that the issue would subside after another week. I may have to try the morning thing also. Let me know how that works out for you.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    hgh really helps me to sleep better. i have always been a terrible sleeper but when i'm on hgh i really sleep like a baby. if i shoot one of my hgh shots before bed then it def improves my sleep more then when i do both my shots early in the day. but either way it does affect my sleep in a positive manner.

however i noticed that when i shoot my gear close to bedtime that this is something that keeps me awake for a long time. i always shot my gear at night/evening as this is the most convinient for me but since i switched to an underground lab gear i need to shoot it early in the day.

-rodge

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati996
    Personally it helps me to eat a small meal before bed, consisting of protein and a complex carb. .
    i do the same. i def need carbs before i go to sleep.

-rodge

I usually sleep pretty well on cycle and ok when I am off.

I have another question, since I am taking the shot around 5pm, shouldn't that stuff not effect me like that since I go to bed about 4 hours later or is it still active at that time? Does that make sense what I am asking?

Update to this thread. I am on week 4 of the HGH and my sleep seems to be getting back to normal. I am now falling right to sleep when I go to bed. I am still getting up in the middle of the night though, but I seem to be able to fall back asleep at some point.

I am still taking my shots late in the afternoon.

Heavydad: Have you gone to the am shots? If so, how is that working out for you?

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't see how you can be taking your shot at 5pm?? when are you eating? To take a shot in the middle of the day like that seems like you are going to run into an issue of how your body is going to use the GH.

I was told to take before bed and it sucked because I would have to eat my last meal and then wait 1-2 hours to make sure my insulin levels were at their lowest.. take the shot and then go to bed.. well crap that means that I would have to eat my last meal @ 7pm and go until 6am before I could eat again.. Talk about losing muscle going that long with no food.. bad news.

I get up at 4am each morning >> take my shot >> hit the gym and eat my first meal at 6am. (my last meal is between 8-9pm). I know that is only 2 less hours but I am sleeping decent, better than before, and my muscle gain/fat lose is fantastic.

Also drop your dose back to 2IU's why waste the extra $$ on the 1/2IU.. you will eat it up faster without gaining that much from it. Again IMO!!

Oldman

With my schedule, this is the best way I could set this up.

I get up at 6 am, take a protein/carb shake first thing since my body has been fasting all night, then go to work. At work, my last meal is at 2:30/3:00pm. I leave work at 4, get home by 5, take the shot since it has been 2 hours after my last meal, and then go workout then do cardio. That gives me 1 1/2 hours after the shot to take a protein/dex shake.

The night time thing didn't work out for me too well either. I eat my last meal at 7, then I drink a caisen/flax/oatmeal shake right before bed which is around 9pm.

The 2 1/2 iu thing is what Keith and I came up with. We talked about it and he said since I weigh around 230lbs, 2 1/2 would work. He said that I could max out a 4 iu down the road if I want to, but that would be expensive. I would like to though, just have to see how funds go.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Got a new 19 year old g/f?

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i read somewhere that you can have protein and low GI carbs around your growth jabs,i may be wrong??

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    i read somewhere that you can have protein and low GI carbs around your growth jabs,i may be wrong??

Yeah but you are the one that said 70 year old ladies were sexy too. J/k. I am not sure.. It is effected by blood sugar (if that is the way to say it) so I am sure there is something you can eat close to it but I do not take any chances.. I shoot mine in the AM

Oldman

I'm not real about that. That would definately make it easier for me. I eat all the time. The clinical advisor that I am de****g with told me that I can drink water around that time but that's it.

I can take it in the am if needed, but I would have to pass on the am shake and I hate to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by booz

Thread Information