ACAZORES is offline Member

Insulin 3i.u. 6x per day

In the Insulin Profile it says about taking 2 to 3iu of slin with each meal that should be around 6 per day. Is this usefull?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    This is a method some use when getting ready to carb up before a show. Can be tricky and needs to be timed correctly so most probably stear clear. I'm sure every pro BB'er uses this method before stepping on stage. But to do it ED I think will cause some health problems. Even if cycling 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off that's a lot of stress on your pancreas daily...............

Lets say that we inj 3iu of humalog per each meal, should we eat every 2 hours of 3 hours is enough?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    I really dont think 3ius will effect you that much if at all.as for health problems I cant say but I can tell you ive been using pwo 12ius for 16 months now.all is fine with me......knock on wood.

but 3iu each meal in the end of the day will be 18iu and I think 18iu is plenty enough to do the trick

yeah but your only getting the effects of 3ius at a pop not 18ius...seems alittle extreme if you ask me esp if your doing this pre contest,you would have to have carbs at every meal to prevent going hypo im not even sure that is possable w/ 3ius??

But should I eat every 2 hours or 3 hours,

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    As devl said, 3Iu won't do much, that's pretty much a starting dose, and slin only needs to be taken once p/day PWO as that is the time when it's mostly beneficial. I wouldn't take slin with every meal.

-Gear

So why in the insulin profile it says that this method is also beneficial?

Quote Originally Posted by ACAZORES
    I dont have an answer for you...sorry.

bazerk is offline Associate Member
    3iu, before a meal would just tell your pancreas to slow down a bit. Not to beneficial. 10iu PWO, would give you a great insulin spike and be very benefical for your muscles. Be careful, and my knowledge is just by research. I am a diabetic and have a hard enough time with slin for that. Good luck in you journey.

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    I really dont think 3ius will effect you that much if at all.as for health problems I cant say but I can tell you ive been using pwo 12ius for 16 months now.all is fine with me......knock on wood.
    Yeah, but then again that 12IU is only once a day, the rest of your meals your pancreas will release its own insulin . To take 3IU a meal would surely stop your pancreas secreting insulin on its own. In other words you will be forever relying on a synthetic source of slin, thus increasing your chances of diabetes. This is just my theory not fact.

I would say running 20IU a day split into two 10IU shots morning and PWO would be safer plus more anabolic , given that you are using a larger dose at the times when your body is most depleted and in need of nutrients.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ACAZORES
    That may be beficial, but I still think that PWO once p/day is enough and the best way to go about it. Insulin doses PWO is when it is mostly beneficial.

-Gear

Thread Information