j martini is offline Member

IGF 1 4 weeks on 4 weeks off. WHY?

I have being reading the many threads lately on how people have being a liitle disapointed with LR3 IGF1 and how many feel that growth hormone long term would be a better investment for muscle growth.

My question is the most common recommended method of cycling LR3 IGF1 is 4 weeks on /4 weeks off, but why is this recommended i have never seen any studies that show that igf1 receptors downregulate after 4 weeks of LR3 IGF1.

Would a longer cycle of igf1, say 6 months be a more effective way of cycling LR3 IGF1, i know at the dose many use 60-100mcg a day it would be a lot more expensive than GH, buy maybe this dose is only needed because of the short duration of IGF1 cycles, maybe running a low dose like 20mcg a day for prolonged periods would bring better gains.

DISCUSS.

RM_DUDE is offline Banned

Insulin Like Growth Factor - Respect it like it was Slin

I G F stands for Insulin Like Growth Factor....it acts like insulin hence the name. It will lower your blood sugar just like slin, and otherwise act like slin.... but unlike slin it increase metabolism and decreases fat...and has been demonstrated to induce growth in children with stunted growth… The studies on this have been with natural IGF….but everyone assumes the insulin like properties also apply to IGF-1r3 in humans….

If you take slin for more than 4 weeks at a time, you run the risk of slin dependency (i.e. becoming a diabetic)...that risk varies with each of us, but if you have diabetes at young ages running in your family - its not a good idea to do slin or IGF at all I would think....

That is why both IGF and Slin are done in 4 week cycles....to prevent you from becoming slin (or IGF as the case may be) dependent....and turning into a diabetic…..

j martini is offline Member
    So does IGF1 LR3 need to be cycled.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    So does IGF1 LR3 need to be cycled.
    Yes. If nothing else to save to a TON of $$$. I personally wouldn't want to take a chance with having sides after the 4-5 week mark. From what I've read cat's stop responding around this point of use, which is why they cycle off. You can do whatever it is you feel the need to do. However, I wouldn't reccomend it

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by RM_DUDE
    I G F stands for Insulin Like Growth Factor....it acts like insulin hence the name. It will lower your blood sugar just like slin, and otherwise act like slin.... but unlike slin it increase metabolism and decreases fat...and has been demonstrated to induce growth in children with stunted growth… The studies on this have been with natural IGF….but everyone assumes the insulin like properties also apply to IGF-1r3 in humans….

If you take slin for more than 4 weeks at a time, you run the risk of slin dependency (i.e. becoming a diabetic)...that risk varies with each of us, but if you have diabetes at young ages running in your family - its not a good idea to do slin or IGF at all I would think....

That is why both IGF and Slin are done in 4 week cycles....to prevent you from becoming slin (or IGF as the case may be) dependent....and turning into a diabetic…..

no,the reason for doing igf for 4 weeks on is that results are not seen any longer then this,this is thought to be from cells down regulating,has nothing to do with the reasons you give.
    as far as slin goes ive been using 12ius pwo for 16 months now with no medical problems whatsoever

Dont speak of what you know nothing about bro!!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I've used HGH long trem and it didn't cause big muscle growth, HGH cause big muscle growth when it's stacked with slin, but on it's own it's a weak muscle builder.

JohnnyB

Thread Information