Smoothb001 is offline Junior Member

HGH shot.... OK to eat or take a shake after?

OK, plain and simple... there is a lot of controversy about the best times to take HGH and if it is OK to eat or take a protein shake shortly after the injection.

After researching it is apparent that the dosage/times vary between everyone. Me personally- I take my shot in the a.m. (2 IU's ED -5/2)

I typically take a Musclemilk shake made with non-fat milk minutes after my HGH shot. Approximately 1 1/2 hrs later i eat 12 egg whites and 2 cups oatmeal....

Is this OK, I hear so many different concepts. Any thoughts on my process? thnx bros! Smooth

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Smooth, I've asked this before and like you said you will get all kinds of responses. I use to take it like you did, eating breakfast right after the shot. I saw some posts that suggested that it was better to take the shot and then wait to eat, but they weren't real convincing.

Anyway, to make a long story short, now I take my shot when I wake up in the early morning to pee then go back to bed for about an hour. Then I wake up and hit the treadmill then eat breakfast after that. This way it is at least two hours after my shot before I eat.

To be honest I haven't noticed any difference. However, I just started that about 3 weeks ago and knowing the slow effect of GH I guess the verdict is still out.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions let us know.

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    My HRT Clinic advised me to wait an hour after injection to eat. Apparently some people get a little hyperglycemic immediately after injection.

However, I know a lot of people eat right after injection with no problem (myself included). I think this is one of those things that varies from person to person.

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    I do my morning injection(2iu) right after I take a leak, back to bed for an hour and a half then treadmill or eliptical followed by meal one. I do my 2nd injection (2iu) about 30 minutes before my pre-workout meal, which is approx. 45 min. before I hit the weights.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    imo its ok to eat some pro/fat around injection time.

-rodge

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I was told by my clinical advisor not to eat or drink anything other than water 1 1/2 hours before and after the injection. How brewerpi does it is a good way to go. I wish I had that kind of time in the morning to do that.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    imo its ok to eat some pro/fat around injection time.

-rodge
    i agree with this,but i have also read somewhere(i cannot back this up)that low GI carbs are ok as well??

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    i have also read somewhere(i cannot back this up)that low GI carbs are ok as well??
    as long as it does'nt spike insulin levels to much it should be fine.

-rodge

Thread Information