Thread: IGF long term

IGF long term

What do you guys think of this:

HGH (6 iu ed)

IGF (80 mcg pwo)

Humalog (10 iu pwo)

Now, I only workout with weights 3 days per week Mon, Wed and Sat.

So, I was thinking I could take the HGH 6 iu per day (1 + years), and take the IGF/SLIN pwo, for as long as I wished...SINCE I WOULD ONLY SHOOT IT 3 X PER WEEK. What do you think of this approach?

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i don't like the aproach your planning on doing plus according to your profile you are 20 years old, way to young to mess with hgh/lr3 imo.

but if you do contimue then you prob indeed need those doses to see some gains. but still then i would run the lr3 for 4 weeks 7/7 then slin 4 weeks pwo.

but as i said earlyer to young imo.

-rodge

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Why not put some AAS in there? You're doing GH, IGF and slin. AAS would make a lot of sense in 3 month cycles for maximum gains. Let's say 500mgs/week of test? Try to workout 4-5 days a week too. I think it's a waste of money if you're not going to do this full on.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    The first thing I noted was how you said you only lift 3 days per week. I dont understand the logic of using those substances unless you are putting 100% into your lifting, 3 days per week just dont cut it.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    The first thing I noted was how you said you only lift 3 days per week. I dont understand the logic of using those substances unless you are putting 100% into your lifting, 3 days per week just dont cut it.
    Really?How so?

You never heard of DC style training?

Iron mans HIT training?

Big A's 3 day split program?

The list is endless with 3 day programs.No why?...THEY WORK!!!Less = more!

~Pinnacle~

goose is offline Banned
    Next.....

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    You are planning to shoot slin for as long as you wish? Soon you will have a perscription for it if you get my drift...

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    wrong!
    EXACTLY!

NEXT.........

BobShocker is offline Junior Member
    this past summer i switched from a 6 day split to a 3 day split and gained 8 lbs . . . off cycle!!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    odd my buddy(who i dont like) is 22yrs old benches 605 raw, deads over 700 and can military 315 w/ ease... he trains 3x a week.. went to russia to wrestle.. has scholarshpis to wrestle where ever he wants.. but i guess he could of gone further if he trained 6x a week eh?
    go play in traffic

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    odd my buddy(who i dont like) is 22yrs old benches 605 raw, deads over 700 and can military 315 w/ ease... he trains 3x a week.. went to russia to wrestle.. has scholarshpis to wrestle where ever he wants.. but i guess he could of gone further if he trained 6x a week eh?
    go play in traffic
    those certainly are impressive numbers. I suppose there is more than one way to train successfully. I managed a 585 lb squat wearing just wraps and a belt at a bodyweight of 240 lbs while lifting 6 days a week. Trained each bodypart 2x per week, go figure. My training volume each day was rather low. Perhaps I should try a 3x per week routine, guess it couldnt hurt. I am more interested in bodybuilding though, and I have yet to hear about any successful bodybulding training 3 days a week.
    Last edited by Maldorf; 01-01-2006 at 01:16 AM.

I am more interested in bodybuilding though, and I have yet to hear about any successful bodybulding training 3 days a week.
    You've never heard of Mike Metzner,or Dorian Yates?They weren't successful enough for you?There are countless more.Just because you don't read about it in muscle mags all the time,doesn't mean high level BBers don't use this training style.
    You sound very young,and NAIVE.

~Pinnacle~

goose is offline Banned
    This was asked to Dorian yates;

Q We frequently hear that you do only one set per exercise. How did that come about, and how does it work in practice?

A I started doing one main set per exercise only after I won my first Olympia in 1992. Prior to that, I had done two sets per exercise. Here's how my training workload and intensity evolved.

I started training in 1983 when the vogue was volume training--20 sets per bodypart was not uncommon. My instincts told me that was not the way to go, and as I researched bodybuilding, I became attracted to Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty system, which advocated intensity instead of volume. I started training four days a week, but very quickly felt I was overtraining and cut back to three times a week, working half the body at each session. After warm-ups, I did three sets of three exercises for large bodyparts and three sets of two exercises for smaller ones. With some slight modifications, this was my approach until 1986.

Feeling I'd gotten the most out of that format, I devised a three-way split in which I trained two major bodyparts per session. In conjunction with that, I reduced my workload and increased the intensity by cutting my main sets to two per exercise. With each workout lasting about 45 minutes. I was able to hit a four-times-a-week training schedule in which each bodypart was worked three times over a 14-day period. I was incorporating forced reps and sometimes rest-pause and negatives I applied these principles only to the last set of certain compound exercises. I stuck to this modus operandi right up to winning the 1992 Olympia, after which I was looking to increase the intensity even more.

My theory was that I had advanced to a stage where, with my strength and abilities to mentally focus, I could put 100% into one main set, go to failure and get the optimum muscular response. Even when I had been doing two sets per bodypart, I felt that maybe during set one I was holding something back in reserve for set two. Now, by doing one set, I knew everything could go--had to go--into that one effort.

In preparation for that one all-out effort, I would warm up thoroughly. For heavy compound movements, I would do three warm-up sets. The accompanying chart shows a typical schedule for incline barbell presses.

So that's how I developed my one-set strategy. It had taken nine years of hard training and application to build up to that level. It's tough, physically and mentally, to consistently put everything you have into one main set, but I believed in it. And with six Sandows, I have to believe it worked.

DORIAN YATES'
    ONE-SET MAX

EXERCISE SETS REPS POUNDAGE

Incline barbell 1* 12 135
    presses 2* 10 220
    3* 8 310
    1 8 425 ([dagger])

* Warm-up sets.
    ([dagger]) At failure, two or three forced reps would be completed,
    followed by a couple of rest-pause or negative reps.

goose4..

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You've never heard of Mike Metzner,or Dorian Yates?They weren't successful enough for you?There are countless more.Just because you don't read about it in muscle mags all the time,doesn't mean high level BBers don't use this training style.
    You sound very young,and NAIVE.

~Pinnacle~
    I would be willing to bet I have been training longer than you, and that i may also be older than you. Im 36 now and have been training since I was 16, with no breaks longer than 3 months. I have knowledge of Mike Mentzers heavy duty training and have tried it, it did not work for me. Everybody responds different to training, not one method of training is going to work for everybody! Just because I train 6 days per week doesnt mean that I dont train heavy and use low volume. My lifts usually last about an hour and and I stick to 2 exercises of 3 sets for small parts and no more than 12 sets per large part, and this is per week. I split each bodypart into 2 different workouts so that during a single workout I do no more than 4 sets per parts like biceps and 7 sets for larger parts like legs. The workout I am doing now is a modified verison of what Ronnie Coleman does, main difference being a lower volume. It seems to be working for me fairly well, as I was doing strict sets of bentover rows the other day with 315 lbs for 10 reps.
    I have always found that if you train at the highest intensity and hit failure at each set the volume needs to be low to avoid overtraining. I am a big believer in training this way.
    Last edited by Maldorf; 01-01-2006 at 04:39 PM.

I would be willing to bet I have been training longer than you, and that i may also be older than you. Im 36 now
    Hate to bust your bubble,but no you aren't and no you haven't.

Train how you want.Means absolutely nothing to me.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Hate to bust your bubble,but no you aren't and no you haven't.

Train how you want.Means absolutely nothing to me.
    ROFL people just dont know when to give up.. heres my ripost to this whole thread

"Yo bitch I may be ugly but atleast i aint got NO money!!!"

I would be willing to bet I have been training longer than you, and that i may also be older than you. Im 36 now and have been training since I was 16, with no breaks longer than 3 months. I have knowledge of Mike Mentzers heavy duty training and have tried it, it did not work for me. Everybody responds different to training, not one method of training is going to work for everybody! Just because I train 6 days per week doesnt mean that I dont train heavy and use low volume. My lifts usually last about an hour and and I stick to 2 exercises of 3 sets for small parts and no more than 12 sets per large part, and this is per week. I split each bodypart into 2 different workouts so that during a single workout I do no more than 4 sets per parts like biceps and 7 sets for larger parts like legs. The workout I am doing now is a modified verison of what Ronnie Coleman does, main difference being a lower volume. It seems to be working for me fairly well, as I was doing strict sets of bentover rows the other day with 315 lbs for 10 reps.
    I have always found that if you train at the highest intensity and hit failure at each set the volume needs to be low to avoid overtraining. I am a big believer in training this way.
    Take your own advice when saying that "training 3 days a week does not cut it."

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Take your own advice when saying that "training 3 days a week does not cut it."
    My thoughts exactly! Well said!

Thread Information