G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

PPWO Nutrition on Slin

it states in the sticky to use 40g pro/ 40g Carbs in this meal

but i dont understand how sparkle can generalise this amount to be used for everyone??

the 180lb guy's PPWO meal will be less than the 200lb guy yes?

or is he saying that any more than 40g carbs can be stored as fat when on slin
    regardless of body size etc?

you need 7g per iu of slin

Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    you need 7g per iu of slin

i'm using 7ius
    so if my maths serves me correctly - that makes 49g carbs PPWO

what happens if u go over?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    If you use a glocometer,you'll be able to dial in the exact amount of carbs to ingest.Everyone is different.The dosing protocol and nutrition is very much an individual thing.The guidelines you read are just to give you a starting point,from there it's up to the individual to tweak it ...

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    If you use a glocometer,you'll be able to dial in the exact amount of carbs to ingest.Everyone is different.The dosing protocol and nutrition is very much an individual thing.The guidelines you read are just to give you a starting point,from there it's up to the individual to tweak it ...

~Pinnacle~

and if u get over this amount
    does it get stored as fat?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    and if u get over this amount
    does it get stored as fat?

More then likely yes but there's a fine line. It's based on your daily living and how active you are. Some will sit at a desk for 8-10 hours making it easier to store. Some work out after work then pop their slin and sit on the comp reading AR for 4 hours.

I for one am all over the place and always running around. I dont budge off 10g per 1iu of slin and have never stored fat. And yes I have gotten my BF% checked to make sure.

The entire idea behind "getting fat" while on slin are for those are arent regimented properly. I.E taking in too many carbs with Slin, not eating properly around injection times, not eating properly in general, sedentary lifestyle etc.....

Obviously Pinns way would be most effective and accurate.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    More then likely yes but there's a fine line. It's based on your daily living and how active you are. Some will sit at a desk for 8-10 hours making it easier to store. Some work out after work then pop their slin and sit on the comp reading AR for 4 hours.

I for one am all over the place and always running around. I dont budge off 10g per 1iu of slin and have never stored fat. And yes I have gotten my BF% checked to make sure.

The entire idea behind "getting fat" while on slin are for those are arent regimented properly. I.E taking in too many carbs with Slin, not eating properly around injection times, not eating properly in general, sedentary lifestyle etc.....

Obviously Pinns way would be most effective and accurate.......

thanks Jay

well i sit in an office for 8 hours then its gym evernight after work
    7iu Slin and then 2 meals and bed

i am bulking and currently using
    PWO75g dex /75gwhey then

PPWO chick / rice (40 pro, 40 carb)

i was thinking of upping the carbs in my PPWO meal to 60+

what do u think?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i was thinking of upping the carbs in my PPWO meal to 60+

what do u think?

How do you feel? Always listen to your body, do you feel lethargic at all as if you may need them?

I have to admit that I never go under 10g for every IU but thats me. I have tried and my body couldnt handle it which was fine. I can work around that to avoid any storage. Now you have to find what works for you. That's why guys try to find their tolerance in hopes of not storing anything.

Also, what kind of Slin and how long do you wait to go to bed after injection?

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    How do you feel? Always listen to your body, do you feel lethargic at all as if you may need them?

I have to admit that I never go under 10g for every IU but thats me. I have tried and my body couldnt handle it which was fine. I can work around that to avoid any storage. Now you have to find what works for you. That's why guys try to find their tolerance in hopes of not storing anything.

Good questions..... I want to know as well
    FWIW I use 8g per IU.
    I think Nark can get away with 5 or 6? But he doesnt count, hes black

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Lets face it. are you really gonna sit there and measure 40gm pro/40gm Carbs. Here is what I do. My PPWO meal is consist chicken breast, rice and a bit of veggies. seriously do people really do measurements like that ounces and sh!t?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Lets face it. are you really gonna sit there and measure 40gm pro/40gm Carbs. Here is what I do. My PPWO meal is consist chicken breast, rice and a bit of veggies. seriously do people really do measurements like that ounces and sh!t?
    I'm sure if meticulous enough and just starting out then yes. I remember when I first started Slin I was measuring everything!! At this point I can eyeball something and know roughly its contents.

Always keep in mind that some of the newer guys that are trying this out are scared b/c of the horror stories. Once you've learned your tolerance and the proper way to cycle Slin you'll come to the conclusion that its not as bad as you thought.

I can't even remember the last time I felt the symptoms of hypo...............

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    I myself am down to 35g carbs ppwo meal with 12ius,but my pwo shake consists of 100g..this is what works best for me. my body is craveing carbs right after training so i give it to it in the form of dextrose.about 1/2 hr later,no longer...i ingest 35g of complex carbs..this is all i need to not go hypo..btw,im 292lbs.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    I'm sure if meticulous enough and just starting out then yes. I remember when I first started Slin I was measuring everything!! At this point I can eyeball something and know roughly its contents.

Always keep in mind that some of the newer guys that are trying this out are scared b/c of the horror stories. Once you've learned your tolerance and the proper way to cycle Slin you'll come to the conclusion that its not as bad as you thought.

I can't even remember the last time I felt the symptoms of hypo...............
    you right Jay I do remember those days. but for ppwo, I use to make sure I over did it. didnt and still dont care about putting on some fat. well as you know I compete so I have to diet regardless.

well last night i used 7iu's humalog intramuscular PWO

i had 80g Dex 75g whey

an hour later when i was cooking up some chicken and rice
    i started getting hypo, and had to eat about 20g dex cos i couldnt wait for
    my rice to cook

ini the past i have used 100g dex with 7ius and this was my first time experimenting with under

i think i will be fine with 40g PPWO - its just difficult to get this
    within the hour mark as that 75g whey and Dex makes me soo bloated

and Mr. Mention - its not difficult/nor time consuming to measure out 50g rice on some scales
    whcih equates to around 38g carbs (with the rice i use)
    Last edited by G-Force; 02-01-2006 at 04:49 AM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    For your carbs, just go by how you feel. For example, if you have 30g of carbs for your PPWO meal and you experience hypo, then you obviously need more carbs. So next time you have your PPWO meal have about 40g of carbs this time instead of 30g like last time. If you feel fine after taking 40g of carbs this time round then keep it at that. No need to take anymore or less.

Your protein consumption should always be high when while insulin is active.

-Gear

Thread Information