oneshot is offline Anabolic Member

Bulking for a diabetic?

does n e one have any info on insulin dosage, and diet advice for a diabetic who is trying to bulk up? any suggestions would be great.

mrpower is offline Junior Member
    JUst keep your diet clean and eat alot of "clean calories" to get the mass. Don't mess with you insulin dosage, being a diabetic keep your insulin the same!!

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Being a diabetic you should be quite familiar with checking and controlling your BG..it's the same when taking synthetic insulin , i would go as far as saying that a diabetic would have an advantage over non diabetics in using insulin for the sake of gaining LBM. What is your insulin regimin right now? What is your fasting glucose?

the revolution is offline Associate Member
    i am a diabetic, and use humalog pwo as a bulker, must say.. i have gained more power and mass than some ppl that use the real gear..
    being a diabetic is a huge advantage when it comes to adding LBM!
    i would recommend monitoring your blood glucose every hour.. and keeping the numbers in the regular range of 4-7mmol/ml (reg in canada)..
    one said do not mess with your insulin dosage, i say i think you should, because diabetics already have a strong grasp on their bodies.
    eat very high carb and protein, and very very low fat..
    my carb intake is high, most people say, between 1300-1600 a day anyway, soemtimes varies.. but never less than 1200g carb daily.
    this allows you to take insane amounts of insulin..
    the trick is this.. example : you're blood glucose is 5.5 pwo..
    take the given amount of insulin that will let you eat a 200-300 carb meal, high in protein, and will put you into hypo IF YOU DO NOT EAT 1-1.5 later.. that 2nd pwo meal should consist of no fat, high carbs, and high protein..
    this is a way of givin your body the most amount of insulin possible.. and it works dramatically...
    if anythings confusing, or if im wrong.. lol lemme know..
    i believe i got a good grasp on this. hope it helps..

Thread Information