Thread: Insulin

BIGSNOR is offline Associate Member

Insulin

hey guys just started insulin the other day and had a few questions. the no fat rule how long do u have to follow that after you take hum**** R. I know it peaks at 3 to5 hours but how long do i have to avoid fat. and thats almost impossible. i mean straight oats has 3 grams of fat in one cup. what the hell do you all eat? any ideas.

also how long after u've used the insulin do you have to wait before you could drink?? just wondering. lemme know. cuz i know alcohol lowers blood sugar.

Massacre is offline Senior Member
    I would toss the Lin-R and get Humalog ASAP. Oh and I wouldn't drink alcohol either.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    It's alright to consume 5g or less of fat, it's pretty much impossible to avoid alltogether. I have consumed alcohol a couple hours after a slin shot, but it's not highly recommended

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I like the thought of the Humalog myself. Quicker onset and peak times so you wont have to worry as much about it being in your system for a prolonged amount of time.

As Mallet stated its very difficult to avoid all sources of fats but is managable. Seeing that Humalog is out of your system in about 3-4 hours you only need to worry about 2 meals and a PWO shake. Really not as bad as you think.................

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Small amounts of fat won't matter really. Try to consume no fats or minimum amount of fats while insulin is active. In your case, Hum**** R is active for about 8hrs if taken Sub-Q, and about half of that if taken IM. It is the first few meals that matter the most, so minimize your fats then. Once insulin is no longer active, you may eat/drink as you usually do.

-Gear

why do the IM injections work better than the SubQ? can i still use the insulin needles and shoot in an area of low body fat such as bi's or tri's or traps or shoulders to go IM. Thats what i've been doin, delts and shoulders. right now im about 270 at 9 or 10 % BF. figured i had low enough fat in these areas to go subq.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGSNOR
    why do the IM injections work better than the SubQ? .
    Chances are the most that run Slin do it PWO. So you want to get it into your system ASAP so you can get it to work. Secondly, you'll be more aware of its onset and peak times. Much easier to avoid sides when you know exactly what is happening and at what times.

Injecting Sub-Q will leave you undecided as far as exact peak times therefore making it harder to time meals properly.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    Chances are the most that run Slin do it PWO. So you want to get it into your system ASAP so you can get it to work. Secondly, you'll be more aware of its onset and peak times. Much easier to avoid sides when you know exactly what is happening and at what times.

Injecting Sub-Q will leave you undecided as far as exact peak times therefore making it harder to time meals properly.
    And there you have it!

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16

well heres what i've been doing. been doin it pwo haul ass home from gym, shoot slin, been using the insulin pins and going into delts or biceps (think this is deep enough to be in the muscle?) then imediately consuming 10 grams of dextrose for each IU of insulin im up to, in my case today was 7. then consume my creatine and protein shake with 55-60 grams protein. wait one hour, then have whole food meal, 50- or 60 grams of carbs and protein. then wait another hour and 20 minutes or so and eat again. hows that look. stats 270-275 bf 10-11% or so 5'11. lemme know.

Delts and biceps is a good spot when shooting slin, you will get it into the muscle there, well you should anyway unless you have some rediculous amount of fat there which I am sure you don't and if you did then you shouldn't be using insulin in the first place. Anyway, you get the drift.

I usually take about 70g of protein after my shot but I am sure the amount you are taking will get the job done.

Everything else looks good.

All the best.

-Gear

good posts guys, two more questions should i stop at 10 IU and stay there or what do you all think. and i have some humalog now and i've heard its bad to switch insulins, but would it be ok if i switched from my hum**** to my humalog? and this gas i get at the end of the night, i guess from the PWO shakes and PPWO Meals is absolutely terrible, i mean i could kill small children and animals if i wanted to. lemme know.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    its not bad to switch insulins. Where did you gather that?
    REmember that Log will hit you harder and faster....

I went hypo again tonight..... so it happens....

Insulin is insulin, it won't matter which one you use. They all do the same thing except they work didfferently as some insulins have faster on-set times etc.

-Gear

Thread Information