Thread: Women and IGF-1

BigBlack is offline Junior Member

Women and IGF-1

I have been searching the foums and not found any threads about the corect dosage for women wanting to take igf-1. If anbody has any suggestions please help.

goose is offline Banned
    My G/F used IGF at 60mcg and got good results.So I would say 40mcg is a good place to start or around these parameters .No need to go above 60mcg.

BigBlack is offline Junior Member
    Cool, Thanks man

Myostatinus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlack View Post
    I have been searching the foums and not found any threads about the corect dosage for women wanting to take igf-1. If anbody has any suggestions please help.

I've been doing the same on behalf of my fiancee. She is looking to do her 3rd figure competition and she is considering adding IGF-1 lr3 to her stack. There is little information about IGF and women.

Does anybody have any pertinent contributions to make? Cycle length? Dosage? Gains?

From the research papers I've come accross the dosage they used was the same as for both sexes, though their dosages are very conservative compared to what I've been reading on the web and what my coach (an IFBB pro) recommended for my own last contest prep.

Thanks!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    bump

*good luck lol

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Myostatinus View Post
    I've been doing the same on behalf of my fiancee. She is looking to do her 3rd figure competition and she is considering adding IGF-1 lr3 to her stack. There is little information about IGF and women.

Does anybody have any pertinent contributions to make? Cycle length? Dosage? Gains?

From the research papers I've come accross the dosage they used was the same as for both sexes, though their dosages are very conservative compared to what I've been reading on the web and what my coach (an IFBB pro) recommended for my own last contest prep.

Thanks!
    I am not an expert but did run a cycle about a year ago and read alot on different forums. Dosage is less for women. I was using 5 iu at one point and my hands were numb all the time. I was trying to lose BF, but I couldn't stand the sides at 5, so I backed down to 3 and felt much better. I can't say that I lost BF from GH, but did get my sex drive back and just felt better. I ran for 9 months, 5 on 2 off, and then called it good. It was expensive and I lost 35 pounds thru diet and exercise. Men were running 10 ius...way too much for a gal IMHO

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I am not an expert but did run a cycle about a year ago and read alot on different forums. Dosage is less for women. I was using 5 iu at one point and my hands were numb all the time. I was trying to lose BF, but I couldn't stand the sides at 5, so I backed down to 3 and felt much better. I can't say that I lost BF from GH, but did get my sex drive back and just felt better. I ran for 9 months, 5 on 2 off, and then called it good. It was expensive and I lost 35 pounds thru diet and exercise. Men were running 10 ius...way too much for a gal IMHO
    Were you running IGF or GH?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^ 99.999999% sure she is referring to hgh. (I would like to say 100% sure but just in case something I am not aware of..) and chiming in since GGR doesn't come around here as often and wanted for you to get some sort of response....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

^^^^ she's right...hgh...my bad

That's good info to know too. I also have some hgh on hand and we were considering using it when she starts cutting, we have had advice from my own coach who has trained other girls before, I think I was advising 1 ui twice per day, so 2 ui per day total.

Thanks for chiming in!

^^^ re: females and hgh
    here is a thread you might enjoy

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...h#.Tt1ZHRw0jDo
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Hooper91 is offline New Member
    What your gf is trying to get out of using IGF??

VMAAG is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlack View Post
    I just started HGH (Omnitrope) this past Wed - so I've injected it so far for 3 nights. Here's my schedule:
    6 days ON 1 day OFF
    First 14 days: .25iu's before bedtime
    Days 15-28: .25iu's AM and PM
    Days 29-42: .25iu'sAM and .50iu's PM
    Days 43 and forward: .50iu's AM and PM

Will intermittentlly post progress. My stats: 50yo; 5'5" 128lbs

^^^ couple things:

so happy to see you are going to post your progress VMAAG.

and, it would be great if you started a thread so we could all follow it since so few females here have hgh threads...my .02

Wish I had stayed at such a low dosage. I too was on Omnitrope and my doc had me at 3 units right off the bat and it was WAY too much. So I listened to my gut and lowered on my own.
    Author Unknown

I cannot beleive your doc started you on such a high dose. Common sense tells you it's best to ramp up and then all the studies show that's the way to do it. Good for you for following your gut.

Hey I'm going to post my progress on YouTube also. Do you know if I'm able to post my link for it here?

^^ probably....since in the lounge there are links to the tube all the time.

Are you planning to start your own thread? hope so. Since it is hgh specific to females....
    Author Unknown

Yes I'll start my own thread. Slimmer should I start it here OR in the women's only section?

^^ Here in this section IMO...

looking forward to it~
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper91 View Post
    What your gf is trying to get out of using IGF??

She has a figure competition on March, it's only her second year competing so she wants to maximize mass until the competition. Increasing the doses of gear would increase the likelihood of virilization sides. IGF is a way to yield further additionnal increased muscle mass without increasing the likelihood of virilization sides.

as per the profiles section on this very site: HGH can help in reduction of fat mass, IGF can help in increasing lean mass:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FF1.jpeg 
Views:	474 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	118977
    Last edited by Myostatinus; 12-23-2011 at 10:15 AM.

sammi is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    hi, you seem to know a lot about women taking steroids . I just posted a thread but have no comments yet. I have gained about 50 lbs of weight that i need to loose and i have polycystic ovarian disease so it is hard for me to loose weight, so i want to take something to help me loose body fat and tone up, but i dont want to bulk or wind up looking like a dude. my fiance has taken test/tren /mast combo with decca to bulk up and i know a lot about that kind of stuff but as for females i am COMPLETELY LOST. I am 5'4 and 170 lbs. I used to be 120 lbs and that is where my dr said my weight should be. I just need something that will help me get back there. If you could recommend something and a dosage i would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks so much!!

sammi is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    are you trying to loose body fat or are you trying to gain muscle. How is HGH working for you so far? Im a female looking to loose 50 lbs and im completely lost about what to take. any advice you have would be a great help! thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by sammi View Post
    hi, you seem to know a lot about women taking steroids. I just posted a thread but have no comments yet. I have gained about 50 lbs of weight that i need to loose and i have polycystic ovarian disease so it is hard for me to loose weight, so i want to take something to help me loose body fat and tone up, but i dont want to bulk or wind up looking like a dude. my fiance has taken test/tren/mast combo with decca to bulk up and i know a lot about that kind of stuff but as for females i am COMPLETELY LOST. I am 5'4 and 170 lbs. I used to be 120 lbs and that is where my dr said my weight should be. I just need something that will help me get back there. If you could recommend something and a dosage i would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks so much!!
    Hi Sammi. You noted your have PCOS which in and of itself is associated with weight gain so you have double the work in front of you. And as you are probably already aware the signifiance of PCOS is that you have a hormonal imbalance so finding and integrative doc in your area that you can work with long term to at the very least attemot to balance oout your hormones PLUS consistently excellent eating habits along with daily exercise will put you on the road to success. Inlcuded in the mix you should be taking many supplements to manage this health issue. I know how frustrated you must feel about having gained 50lbs. The good news is there are things you can do to help yourself. As far as dosages you should be working with a doc on that. I did post my dosages so you can see what I'm doing however since I posted that I have tweaked that a bit. Hope this helps you.

Hey Sammi~

Glad to see you here and I hear your frustration. Quite honestly I would highly suggest you come on over to the Nutrition forum where the members can help you with your food. I went on hgh thinking it would help me lose weight and it did the exact opposite. Got bloated and blew up. I was also on some test too which I am sure added to that. Then I went to the Nutrition forum and learned how to eat. And have had fantastic results. Please think about joining us there.

Hope you enjoy the site.
    SM
    Author Unknown

^^^ Sammi...do what Slimmer says...I lost 35 lbs and much closer to 130 then over 170 when I started...get the diet in check...gear later...if ever!

Thread Information