olvios is offline New Member

Igf & Hypothyroidism

Hello

I have used Igf and i have enoutered the following - take note that i suffer from hypothyroidism and i am currently on 200mcgs of t3 per day.

Upon making my first shot(Igf lr3 50mcgs) post workout( i was going to get 2 shots a week pow and then start a full cycle or get just one shot per week for 6 months) i noticed besides the great benefits mostly related with blood flow and great pumps that my hypothyroid sideeffects escalated immensely within the first day.
    -dry skin in scalp and face to a ridiculous degree
    -depression hammerred in no time
    -next 3 days i felt even more side effect insue as if i wasnt on the pills

It was quite moronic of me not to raise my t3 once i got the shot but i didnt.My question is this.How much should i raise it?go at 300 mcgs? It seems too much.
    I am at a loss.

Having the chance to train only twice a week i planned on 1 or 2 shots a week for several months.
    Last edited by olvios; 02-27-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Should i bump the t3 just for the next day since it has a longer half

life of 3 days and the igf just one day?Will this be enough or will i

have to increase the t3 for the next 3 days and more?

Anyone with hypothyroid and igf use?

Could someon help?

Skills is offline Associate Member
    What exactly is hypothyroidism ?

Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the body lacks sufficient thyroid hormone.Since the main purpose of thyroid hormone is to "run the body's metabolism", it is understandable that people with this condition will have symptoms associated with a slow metabolism.And numerous other ill effects

vein5 is offline Junior Member
    geeze, 200mcgs? The human body only makes 26mcg of t-3 a day. As for the IGF affecting your thyroid, it shouldn't. As far as I know hgh affects the thyroid not igf.

it affects it as i described the adverse effects above.my thyroid has gone nuts what can i say.i dont understand.

Are you percribed t-3 by a doctor? It may be because your body is down-regulating your natural t-3 levels.

yes he pescribed me at first 100mcg every day then 100 and 150 once a week
    then 200 and now he will rise it i think.All my family has hypothyroidism.What can happen if he gives me too much?

Is your family all overweight? If I was perscribed t-3 I would take advantage of it and stay lean all year round

The r3igf-1 stays in your system for only a day, so I don't know why it would affect you longer than 24 hours after your shot.

I havent lost any fat even at this dose.I am still fat.i am desperate

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olvios
    I havent lost any fat even at this dose.I am still fat.i am desperate
    lets examine your diet...care to share?'

also, your workout schedule/routine in a nutshell ?

I train twice a week at german volume training for the past year and before that 15 years of 5 times a week training.Weights and 3 times a week running.I dont eat any junk at all.No alcohol,sugar,smoking,cofee i sleep early and i never eat after 6 oclock at night.I have a big breakfast and lunch and a light afternoon meal.Tried atkins low carb diets and the such but didnt work.Now i just eat balanced.

jdavis2007 is offline Associate Member
    Start recording your calories. Once you do this...EVERDAY...take note if you lose ANY weight at all. If you don't with your CURRENT PROGRAM you need to either do more work (volume) as far as working out, or you need to REDUCE your calories by about 400 or 500 calories a day. Stick with that subtraction for about 2-3 weeks and again, take note if you are losing any weight with that same program. If you are still not, reduce cals. again and/or do more volume. There are tons of little things you can do to increase volume slowly. Strap on an X-vest while you mow, carry a 35lb. dumbbell in ONE of your hands while you walk/walk a dog and then switch once one hand gets tired. (You will notice a significant increase in strength as well as forearm, shoulder and calf muscle gain, and you will be burning significantly more calories this way than just by walking alone). YOu could also mix in a few bicep curls every time you switch arms. There are tons of things you can do to SLOWLY gain volume without shocking your nervous system, which will obviously burn more cals. The athletes I advise are usually stunned about what a few tweaks to volume can do for fat-loss. I don't think it's necessarily drug-use that will save you from always being fat. Your lifestyle needs to reflect what you are trying to do. Good luck.

I dont know after all this i think i ll be a fat ass forever.
    Thyroid disease sucks.

Oh my god, You don't eat after 6pm???? Ok first eat a small meal every 3 hours until you go to bed. Your starving your body for way to long, which is why your matabolism sucks. Second, sorry training twice a week aint gonna cut it. I do cardio 6 days a week and lift 4 days a week. You say no coffee, may I ask why. Caffine has a number of health benifits not to mention weight loss LOL. You need to bump the intensity for everything up a notch. If it was that easy everyone would be walking around with flawless bodies. I have a underactive thyroid, my medicine is very long intense cardio sessions.

These are my test results
    tsh 5
    t3 1,7
    ft4 1,1
    tpo-ab 5

doc just upped my dose at 250 and says probably will go to 300 in 2 months?!

Thread Information