HGH and IGF detection times

I'm looking to go with more non steroidal route since all the crackdowns on the dangerous steroids (lol) my question is that is there any tests to detect HGH or IGF in urine, spit, or any other test? I know that GH was mostly used by athletes because of its inability to be detected unlike roids, and plus they could afford it more so than the average joe. Thats my question tho, if is there any known test to detect HGH or IGF in the body?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    They are working on it, but they are not quite there yet and I believe it will be a while till they can test for HGH/IGF. For now, you are safe.

-Gear

Good, I'm on probation and I'm pretty sure they'd love to pop a test on me, course IGF is available readily so I'm not worried about that so much, so this is pretty much my only option rite now and if it pans out ok I mite not go back to AAS cuz they have broken out my back like sumthin aweful, plus GH and IGF will give me that much more fuller phsysique that I'm looking for anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    They are working on it, but they are not quite there yet and I believe it will be a while till they can test for HGH/IGF. For now, you are safe.

-Gear
    I think this is still on topic, but what about cjc-1295 and other ghrh coumpounds in Urine, blood or any other media?Is there a test for these peptides? I'm competing just below international levels so WADA is doing the testing.I will be checking with the manufacture as well ,but any info would be great.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    gh is detectable since 2004.

and new tests coming out also...

Detection of growth hormone abuse in sport.

Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, 3rd Floor, Thomas Guy house, Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: To develop a test for GH abuse in sport. DESIGN: A double blind placebo controlled study of one month's GH administration to 102 healthy non-competing but trained subjects. Blood levels of nine markers of GH action were measured throughout the study and for 56 days after cessation of GH administration. Blood samples were also taken from 813 elite athletes both in and out of competition. RESULTS: GH caused a significant change in the nine measured blood markers. Men were more sensitive to the effects of GH than women. IGF-I and N-terminal extension peptide of procollagen type III were selected to construct formulae which gave optimal discrimination between the GH and placebo groups. Adjustments were made to account for the fall in IGF-I and P-III-P with age and the altered distribution seen in elite athletes. Using a cut-off specificity of 1:10,000 these formulae would allow the detection of up to 86% of men and 60% of women abusing GH at the doses used in this study. CONCLUSIONS: We report a methodology that will allow the detection of GH abuse. This will provide the basis of a robust and enforceable test identifying those who are already cheating and provide a deterrent to those who may be tempted to do so.

PMID: 17339122 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

to clarify: there has been a test available since 1999 (some scientist from munic developed it). they didn t use it cause they knew that they would get prolly 60% of all athletes banned in sidney, if they would test.

officially there is a test since 2004 - all athletes had time enuff to adjust to the new situation...

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx*** View Post
    and new tests coming out also...

Detection of growth hormone abuse in sport.

Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, 3rd Floor, Thomas Guy house, Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: To develop a test for GH abuse in sport. DESIGN: A double blind placebo controlled study of one month's GH administration to 102 healthy non-competing but trained subjects. Blood levels of nine markers of GH action were measured throughout the study and for 56 days after cessation of GH administration. Blood samples were also taken from 813 elite athletes both in and out of competition. RESULTS: GH caused a significant change in the nine measured blood markers. Men were more sensitive to the effects of GH than women. IGF-I and N-terminal extension peptide of procollagen type III were selected to construct formulae which gave optimal discrimination between the GH and placebo groups. Adjustments were made to account for the fall in IGF-I and P-III-P with age and the altered distribution seen in elite athletes. Using a cut-off specificity of 1:10,000 these formulae would allow the detection of up to 86% of men and 60% of women abusing GH at the doses used in this study. CONCLUSIONS: We report a methodology that will allow the detection of GH abuse. This will provide the basis of a robust and enforceable test identifying those who are already cheating and provide a deterrent to those who may be tempted to do so.

PMID: 17339122 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Thanks for the post.I have seen it before.I understand that GH is detectable in blood. I guess my real question is about the cjc-1295 is the substance itself dectectable in urine.They are only blood testing at the olympics in my sport.Well so far ....

deaconfrost is offline New Member
    I'm a huge baseball fan and if there was a test to detect HGH use, I think we would hear about it. Obviously there is a high level of suspicion in MLB regarding HGH users.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    XXX,

Are you absolutely positive that test has defenitely been set in place? I have come across a few articles as such, but most you never hear about again. They release articles like that to the media to scare the athletes away, but I am not sure if that's the case with the article you posted. At what events have they used this method to test atheltes?

-Gear

XXX,

Are you absolutely positive that test has defenitely been set in place? I have come across a few articles as such, but most you never hear about again. They release articles like that to the media to scare the athletes away, but I am not sure if that's the case with the article you posted. At what events have they used this method to test atheltes?

-Gear
    I cannot reveal my profession, but am certain if i make olympic squad i will be blood tested and there is a test for hgh, but to date it has not caught one athlete since most discontinue use well before major events and use it for off season progress.I have a qualifier coming up where i Know I'll be piss tested so thats why i'm searching for info.You can pm me and can give you specifics about my sport and there new testing techniques, but most bb's and parole's should not worry this test is expensive and works with blood only.The piss test is believed to be imposible.Anyway not much info on the cjc-1295 Im hoping Im ahead of testing because of the newness

What about in a spit or hair sample could it be detected then?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    "at the doses used in this study"

what were the dose levels used??
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

say you take a blood test what is the detection time of GH?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysunderstudy View Post
    say you take a blood test what is the detection time of GH?

that's the issue, it suppresses for 4 hours.. but the study says 8 markers.. they are checking for those markers..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

XXX,

-Gear
    yes, I am 100% certain. I will post the articles about it in a few minutes...

Detection of human growth hormone doping in urine: out of competition tests are necessary.
    Author: Saugy, M : Cardis, C : Schweizer, C : Veuthey, J L : Rivier, L
    Citation: J-Chromatogr-B-Biomed-Appl. 1996 Dec 6; 687(1): 201-11
    Abstract: The misuse of human growth hormone (hGH) in sport is deemed to be unethical and dangerous because of various adverse effects. Thus, it has been added to the International Olympic Committee list of banned substances. Until now, the very low concentration of hGH in the urine made its measurement difficult using classical methodology. Indeed, for routine diagnosis, only plasma measurements were available. However, unlike blood samples, urine is generally provided in abundant quantities and is, at present, the only body fluid allowed to be analysed in sport doping controls. A recently developed enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (Norditest) makes it now possible, without any extraction, to measure urinary hGH (u-hGH) in a dynamic range of 2-50 ng hGH/l. In our protocol, untreated and treated non-athlete volunteers were followed. Some of them received therapeutical doses of recombinant hGH (Norditropin) for one week either intramuscularly (three increasing doses) or subcutaneously (12 i.u. every day). The u-hGH excretion after treatment showed dramatic increases of 50-100 times the basal values and returned to almost the mean normal level after 24 h. u-hGH was also measured in samples provided by the anti-doping controls at major and minor competitions. Depending on the type of efforts made during the competition, the hGH concentration in urine was dramatically increased. Insulin -like growth factor binding proteins and beta 2-microglobulins in urine and/or in blood could be necessary for the correct investigation of any hGH doping test procedure.

lol I find plenty in German, but not in english...

Wachstumshormone: Zuverlässiger Dopingtest in Athen

Berlin (dpa) - Bei den Olympischen Spielen in Athen (13. bis 29. August) werden Athleten erstmals zuverlässig auf Doping durch Wachstumshormone getestet werden können. Das erklärte Christian Strasburger von der Medizinischen Klinik und Poliklinik der Berliner Charité auf einem Gesprächsforum im Deutschen Olympischen Institut (DOI) in Berlin. Strasburger hatte nach den so genannten Wachstumshormon-Spielen 2000 in Sydney ein neues Testverfahren mit Unterstützung des Bundesinstituts für Sportwissenschaft, des Internationalen Olympischen Komitees (IOC) und der Welt-Anti-Doping- Agentur WADA entwickelt. Nach Strasburgers Methode kann der Unterschied zwischen dem körpereigenen und dem gentechnisch hergestellten Wachstumshormon festgestellt werden. Während die körpereigene Hirnanhangdrüse verschiedene Formen des Hormons ausschüttet, sei in den Ampullen, die zur Behandlung kleinwüchsiger Kinder, aber auch zum Doping angewandt werden, nur eine Form des Wachstumshormons enthalten, erklärte der Wissenschaftler. «Unsere Methode ist eine von vielen und wahrscheinlich nicht die schlechteste», sagte Strasburger am Dienstagabend. «Im Konzert von IOC und WADA besteht die Aussicht, dass in Athen das Wachstumshormon nicht mehr als unnachweisbar durchgeht.» Strasburger hat in den vergangenen Wochen das Anti-Doping-Labor in Athen sowie die Einrichtungen in Köln, Sydney und London mit dem neuen Testverfahren vertraut gemacht. Der Berliner Arzt und Forscher geht davon aus, dass das Wachstumshormon, das bisher als nicht nachweisbar galt, nach wie vor bei Spitzensportlern «sehr populär» ist. Diese Form des Dopings sei nur 24 bis 36 Stunden nachweisbar. Deshalb sollten verstärkt Trainingskontrollen durchgeführt werden, empfahl er. «Offensichtlich werden von vielen Athleten die sehr hohen Kosten für eine Wachstumshormon-Gabe zur Leistungssteigerung billigend in Kauf genommen», sagte Strasburger. Nach Expertenschätzung müssen für konsequentes Doping durch Wachstumshormone monatlich mindestens 4000 Euro aufgewendet werden.13. Mai 2004
    Last edited by ***xxx***; 11-16-2007 at 02:20 AM.

Posted 9/17/2004 3:03 PM Updated 9/20/2004 10:28 AM
    Athletes tested for human growth hormone in Athens
    By Stephen Wilson, The Associated Press
    LONDON — Athletes were tested for human growth hormone for the first time during the Athens Olympics, World Anti-Doping Agency chief Dick Pound said Friday.

While no positives have been reported so far, the samples will be retested to look for the muscle-building hormone and other previously undetectable drugs, Pound said.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...ound-hgh_x.htm

fossilfuel7 is offline Member

Detection of human growth hormone doping in urine: out of competition tests are necessary.
    Abstract: The misuse of human growth hormone (hGH) in sport is deemed to be unethical and dangerous because of various adverse effects. Thus, it has been added to the International Olympic Committee list of banned substances. Until now, the very low concentration of hGH in the urine made its measurement difficult using classical methodology. Indeed, for routine diagnosis, only plasma measurements were available. However, unlike blood samples, urine is generally provided in abundant quantities and is, at present, the only body fluid allowed to be analysed in sport doping controls. A recently developed enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (Norditest) makes it now possible, without any extraction, to measure urinary hGH (u-hGH) in a dynamic range of 2-50 ng hGH/l. In our protocol, untreated and treated non-athlete volunteers were followed. Some of them received therapeutical doses of recombinant hGH (Norditropin) for one week either intramuscularly (three increasing doses) or subcutaneously (12 i.u. every day). The u-hGH excretion after treatment showed dramatic increases of 50-100 times the basal values and returned to almost the mean normal level after 24 h. u-hGH was also measured in samples provided by the anti-doping controls at major and minor competitions. Depending on the type of efforts made during the competition, the hGH concentration in urine was dramatically increased. Insulin -like growth factor binding proteins and beta 2-microglobulins in urine and/or in blood could be necessary for the correct investigation of any hGH doping test procedure.

Berlin (dpa) - Bei den Olympischen Spielen in Athen (13. bis 29. August) werden Athleten erstmals zuverlässig auf Doping durch Wachstumshormone getestet werden können. Das erklärte Christian Strasburger von der Medizinischen Klinik und Poliklinik der Berliner Charité auf einem Gesprächsforum im Deutschen Olympischen Institut (DOI) in Berlin. Strasburger hatte nach den so genannten Wachstumshormon-Spielen 2000 in Sydney ein neues Testverfahren mit Unterstützung des Bundesinstituts für Sportwissenschaft, des Internationalen Olympischen Komitees (IOC) und der Welt-Anti-Doping- Agentur WADA entwickelt. Nach Strasburgers Methode kann der Unterschied zwischen dem körpereigenen und dem gentechnisch hergestellten Wachstumshormon festgestellt werden. Während die körpereigene Hirnanhangdrüse verschiedene Formen des Hormons ausschüttet, sei in den Ampullen, die zur Behandlung kleinwüchsiger Kinder, aber auch zum Doping angewandt werden, nur eine Form des Wachstumshormons enthalten, erklärte der Wissenschaftler. «Unsere Methode ist eine von vielen und wahrscheinlich nicht die schlechteste», sagte Strasburger am Dienstagabend. «Im Konzert von IOC und WADA besteht die Aussicht, dass in Athen das Wachstumshormon nicht mehr als unnachweisbar durchgeht.» Strasburger hat in den vergangenen Wochen das Anti-Doping-Labor in Athen sowie die Einrichtungen in Köln, Sydney und London mit dem neuen Testverfahren vertraut gemacht. Der Berliner Arzt und Forscher geht davon aus, dass das Wachstumshormon, das bisher als nicht nachweisbar galt, nach wie vor bei Spitzensportlern «sehr populär» ist. Diese Form des Dopings sei nur 24 bis 36 Stunden nachweisbar. Deshalb sollten verstärkt Trainingskontrollen durchgeführt werden, empfahl er. «Offensichtlich werden von vielen Athleten die sehr hohen Kosten für eine Wachstumshormon-Gabe zur Leistungssteigerung billigend in Kauf genommen», sagte Strasburger. Nach Expertenschätzung müssen für konsequentes Doping durch Wachstumshormone monatlich mindestens 4000 Euro aufgewendet werden.13. Mai 2004

Hey xxx..No need...I translated it for you..LOL Here ya go everyone........

Growth hormone: Dependable performance drugs test in Athens

Berlin (dpa) - in the Olympic games in Athens (13. until 29 August), athletes will be tested can for the first time dependably on performance drugs by growth hormone. Institute (DOI) of Olympics the declared Christian Strasburger by the medicals clinics and clinics the Berliners Charité on a conversation fora in the German in Berlin. Strasburger had developed a new test procedure with support of the alliance institute for sport science, the international Olympic committee (IOC) and the world-Anti-performance drugs agency WADA after the so-called growth hormone-games 2000 in Sydney. After Strasburgers method, the difference between the body own and the genetically produced growth hormone can be assessed. While the body own brain supplement gland pours out different forms of the hormone, would be used become in the Ampullen, that the treatment of kleinwüchsiger children, but also to the performance drugs, contained only a form of the growth hormone, declared of the scientists. "Our method is one of many and probably not the worst", said Strasburger on Tuesday evening. "In the concert of IOC and WADA, the outlook exists, that in Athens the growth hormone no longer as an unnachweisbar durchgeht." Strasburger made the Anti-performance drugs-laboratory in Athens as well as the arrangements in Cologne, Sydney and London with the new test procedure in the past weeks trusted. The Berliner physician and researcher assumes that the growth hormone that counted previously as not demonstrable is, as always with top athletes "very popular". Let this form of the performance drugs be only 24 to 36 hours demonstrable. Therefore training inspections should be carried out reinforced, recommended it. "Obviously become of many athletes the very high costs for a growth hormone-gift the performance improvement approving in purchase taken", said Strasburger. After expert estimation, monthly at least 4000 Euro must be spent for consistent performance drugs by growth hormone. 13. May 2004[/QUOTE]

ok, they are testing piss too.You olympians better clean up you act well before comp and hide in hills while you train.Thanks for the article xxx
    I still want to no more about the cjc-195 in a piss test.I know the screening process used here right now is not advanced enough to check hgh, but am not sure what this cjc-1295 could show up as by itself or throw up other markers.

Thread Information