Cosmicdrifter is offline New Member

Old and Confused

I posted this in another forum, so it shows you how confused I really am.

I'm 66 and I lifted my first barbell 51 years ago. I've lifted off and on, read, studied, used every kind of gear - been big and bigger.

At age 58, I was benching 300 and had 18" arms. Left because of travel, injuries, and laziness.

Now, I'm back and the world of lifting has left me way behind. You guys know more about physiology, biochemistry and endocrinology than I ever dreamed possible.

My point: I started out a few weeks back lifting hard (no free weights, just machines).
    I researched pro-hormones (I'm afraid of test - dont want to shut down my natural production) so I started on pro-hormones.

I doing a 4 week cycle on Beastdrol with two accompanying test booster/pct products. Doing proper liver support and using Syntrex whey for additional protein.

Then I discovered peptides: ordered CJC-1296 and GHRP-6 with 31 gauge pins. I wanted to stay away from HGH because of price and accessibility.

If HGH is better for me than the two peptides above, then I will go that route.

I just need some advice from someone who understands all this for senior folks. I am not overweight - 6' and 190. Good muscle memory. Know how to work hard but dont want to be dumb and get injuries.

There is so much on the market I dont know where to start. I dont mind using real anabolics, but I dont know which ones are appropriate for someone my age.

Is there someone on the site my age to talk to, or are one of you mods up to the task. Thanks for any help or advice in advance. I'm somewhat embarrassed to post on the main board with all the younger guys.
    Edit/Delete Message

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicdrifter View Post
    I posted this in another forum, so it shows you how confused I really am.

I'm 66 and I lifted my first barbell 51 years ago. I've lifted off and on, read, studied, used every kind of gear - been big and bigger.

At age 58, I was benching 300 and had 18" arms. Left because of travel, injuries, and laziness.

Now, I'm back and the world of lifting has left me way behind. You guys know more about physiology, biochemistry and endocrinology than I ever dreamed possible.

My point: I started out a few weeks back lifting hard (no free weights, just machines).
    I researched pro-hormones (I'm afraid of test - dont want to shut down my natural production) so I started on pro-hormones.

I doing a 4 week cycle on Beastdrol with two accompanying test booster/pct products. Doing proper liver support and using Syntrex whey for additional protein.

Then I discovered peptides: ordered CJC-1296 and GHRP-6 with 31 gauge pins. I wanted to stay away from HGH because of price and accessibility.

If HGH is better for me than the two peptides above, then I will go that route.

I just need some advice from someone who understands all this for senior folks. I am not overweight - 6' and 190. Good muscle memory. Know how to work hard but dont want to be dumb and get injuries.

There is so much on the market I dont know where to start. I dont mind using real anabolics, but I dont know which ones are appropriate for someone my age.

Is there someone on the site my age to talk to, or are one of you mods up to the task. Thanks for any help or advice in advance. I'm somewhat embarrassed to post on the main board with all the younger guys.
    Edit/Delete Message

I don't know if you have insurance or not...I assume you do.

With that being said, you would be perfect candidate for HRT(Hormone Replacement Therapy). There are plenty of Anti Aging Doctors out there who make a living off of doing HRT on people.

Most likely you would be put on Test and GH which In my opinion will give you the results you are looking for easily.

Honestly, you should go with GH and forget the CJC and GHRP.

GH will do more for you at your age then any other peptids out there and it is the real deal....where as there is a lot of skepticism about all of the other nickel and dime peptides out there.

Oh and don't be embarrassed to post here...I'm 28.

Some of the other Vets will probably chime in on this as well.

Also if you have not read it already, you should read Red Barons guide to HGH.

Just click on this link......

My Guide to HGH for anyone interested

Thanks for your help. The information on the internet is very confusing and contradictory. Many have claimed that CJC and GHRP are better than GH.

My natural test level is good, so I dont want to screw that up. You may be right about running two low levels of AAS. I was afraid that my recovery would be slow to non-existent with any amount of AAS.

Thanks for your advice; I'm sure others will have a perspective as well.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Just so you know prohormones shut you down.

I'm taking Forged ATD and Forged Bromo along with the Beastdrol. The problem, once again, is that there are conflicting reports about its efficacy, but most people who take Beastdrol say it works for them.

Should I stop taking this when I get the CJC and GHRP?

Thanks for your help. The information on the internet is very confusing and contradictory. Many have claimed that CJC and GHRP are better than GH.

My natural test level is good, so I dont want to screw that up. You may be right about running two low levels of AAS. I was afraid that my recovery would be slow to non-existent with any amount of AAS.

Thanks for your advice; I'm sure others will have a perspective as well.
    Who ever says that GHRP and CJC is better than GH are SEVERELY misguided individuals.

Do doctors prescribe GHRP and CJC for Anti-aging?...heck no they don't..they prescribe GH.
    I am a firm believer that CJC and GHRP are parroted by research chem sites online because they can sell it as research chems and get away with it legally.

If your Test levels are good then that is fine if you don't want to mess with them.

But seriously, save your money on the GHRP/CJC and get GH if you are wanting real anti aging effects.

I really think you need to speak with a Doctor who does HRT and tell him your needs and concerns.

That is my best advice to you.

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Fossilfuel7, have you tried CJC and GHRP?

I've taken GHRP and CJC and had VERY good results backed up by blood work.

DCannon,

Did you take this combo as part of a cycle or as a substitute for HGH?

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    How much CJC and GHRP did you order? Good thing is about those peptides (besides that they work well) you will see results quick. I agree GH is superior, the cadillac, but there is a place for the secretalogues - they have impressed me for sure.

Not much - enough for a few weeks. I may have to take a graduate course in AAS to get back in this game. I swear to you, 10 years ago it was like kindergarten compared to the game now.

Vette; I had a 2007 Z06 and had to sell it because the recent economical unpleasantness hit me hard. I miss that car. I loved to just sit and look at it.

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    DCannon,

Did you take this combo as part of a cycle or as a substitute for HGH?
    I've taken it on its own and with test.

Quote Originally Posted by DCannon View Post
    Fossilfuel7, have you tried CJC and GHRP?

I've taken GHRP and CJC and had VERY good results backed up by blood work.
    Before I knew where to get real GH a couple years ago...Yes and they did absolutely nothing for me.

IMO..a lot of fake stuff going around.

That's why I asked if he had insurance.

He is 66...perfect for HRT with GH. That's why I say forget the secretalogues if you can be sure your getting real GH.

Like Vette says..it is superior.
    Last edited by fossilfuel7; 04-15-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

Blog Entries
    Vette; I had a 2007 Z06 and had to sell it because the recent economical unpleasantness hit me hard. I miss that car. I loved to just sit and look at it.
    Good stuff. Love my C6

Staying current with the secretalogues an HGH theory is a task. Dont get discouraged!

Unless I'm misreading the theme of my advisers, I conclude that I could do a 12 week cycle of Test Enanthate (about 300 - 400 per week) and incorporate either the peptides or HGH as a constant.

In order to ensure that I dont create excess estrogen (and the ensuing water retention and high BP) I should take some combination of AI's during the cycle and a combination of PCT products afterward.

Given that scenario, what should I take during and after? Arimidex , Novladex, HCG - which and how much?

With your combined efforts, I think I see the light at the end.

Thanks in advance.

Unless I'm misreading the theme of my advisers, I conclude that I could do a 12 week cycle of Test Enanthate (about 300 - 400 per week) and incorporate either the peptides or HGH as a constant.

In order to ensure that I dont create excess estrogen (and the ensuing water retention and high BP) I should take some combination of AI's during the cycle and a combination of PCT products afterward.

Given that scenario, what should I take during and after? Arimidex , Novladex, HCG - which and how much?

With your combined efforts, I think I see the light at the end.

Thanks in advance.

Wait a minute....I thought you were happy with your natural test levels

check your other thread.

Sorry fossilfuel7, the point I'm trying to make is that I do have a marginally average level of test. I would like to protect my natural capability and not go on permanent HRT for the rest of my life - if I can avoid it.

If I cycle through @ 400mg of test plus HGH, I will put on some muscle that I can hopefully maintain with my natural level - if I use AI and follow a good PCT.

The last time I had my Test measured when on a cycle it was 1600 - and I was putting on size and muscle quickly. I dont need to get to that level, but I do want to move from a catabolic to anabolic state.

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    cosmic, I'm 50 and I got on HGH a year and a half ago. It took several months for me to notice the fat loss and the great effects of HGH. I did a sustanon 250 cycle a year ago and got good results. It didn't shut me down too much since I was on HCG during my cycle. It was really weird to see one's nuts shrink. I think 12wks Test E cycle + HGH would be great for you. Just stay on the HGH and don't get off even after the cycle. You'll feel better then you have in a long time. HGH is amazing stuff. I've read a lot of stuff about the peptides also. After all is said and done the HGH is the real deal. Why experiment with peptides with we know for a certainty that HGH works.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard View Post
    cosmic, I'm 50 and I got on HGH a year and a half ago. It took several months for me to notice the fat loss and the great effects of HGH. I did a sustanon 250 cycle a year ago and got good results. It didn't shut me down too much since I was on HCG during my cycle. It was really weird to see one's nuts shrink. I think 12wks Test E cycle + HGH would be great for you. Just stay on the HGH and don't get off even after the cycle. You'll feel better then you have in a long time. HGH is amazing stuff. I've read a lot of stuff about the peptides also. After all is said and done the HGH is the real deal. Why experiment with peptides with we know for a certainty that HGH works.
    I'm coming to the same conclusion. I 'm thinking 400 Test Enan + HGH (in perpetuity) with AI during and PCT afterward to make sure. Thanks to you and all the other members for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Blog Entries
    I'm coming to the same conclusion. I 'm thinking 400 Test Enan + HGH (in perpetuity) with AI during and PCT afterward to make sure. Thanks to you and all the other members for sharing your knowledge and experience.
    Very good to read your conclusions, sounds like a plan. Good luck!

Thread Information