lately is offline New Member

How to lower IGF-1, HGH, Test Levels for Blood Test

I am getting blood tests done for IGF-1, HGH, Testosterone , Vitamin D, as well as a complete metobolic panel.

My question is: how can I lower my IGF-1, HGH, and test levels for a blood test? What can I do?

If you want to know why I am asking, I'll explain below. (this is not complete, but almost everything)

-------------------------------------------------------
    History/Background:
    -I was obese from age 10-16, morbidly. My triglycerides were 530 (normal is <130) at 16, when I started to lose the weight
    -I had relatively high estrogen
    -My symptoms seem to correlate highly with cushing's symdrome
    -During the ages of 16-18, I was losing all my extra weight. I used to workout for 40-50m on elliptical @ 190-200bpm on an empty stomach every morning. I didn't know this was a bad decision at the time. I lost weight quickly as well - I wasn't eating much.

Current Conditions that I have:
    -Skin: Extremely loose and thin skin, constantly dry, I'm getting wrinkles, etc
    -Muscles: Horrible muscle tone. It is difficult to walk and balance myself, difficult to lift things with my hands. I have no 'padding' anywhere on my body, which makes it difficult to do anything you can imagine (lift plates, sit on hard surfaces, cross my legs, cross my feet, you name it). The best way I can describe it is that I did not fill out at ALL. I have a large bone structure, but my relative muscle size makes me look like and feel like a skeleton.
    -I have all the symptoms of Cushing's syndome, except high blood pressure. Most of them to an extreme level
    -Brittle/Thin Nails
    -Dry/crispy hair, always
    -Depression
    -Have always gotten really poor sleep, while still requiring 9-10 hours a day
    -Extreme difficult in concentrating (I have a type-a personality too.... it's ironic)
    -Constant Anxiety
    -I have a weak heart. Resting heart rate is 70+. I get chest pains regularly. Feels like my heart is working very hard - I suspect that my heart didn't grow like it was supposed to.
    -Joint pain, from putting so much pressure on my joints (believe this is due to a lack of muscle)
    -Brittle bones (poor density + little muscle/padding)
    -Lips are completely dehyrdated all the time. Outer parts of lips have completely been demoisturized. Have very noticable vertical lines all around them. Makes it difficult to talk/move my mouth

I should mention that I lift weights and exercise at least 3 times a week, each. I take good care of myself. My diet has been impeccable for years (I'm 22 now).

This isn't everything, but it's close. My biggest problems are my poor/almost non-existant muscle tone which makes life very difficult, skin problems, and mental/energy problems.

The reason that I want to make sure that my levels show lower than they actually are is simple: because I highly suspect that a hormone deficiency was the cause, and I want to try the treatment to see if it would help. It's more than likely that after keeping my body in good shape for the past few years has made my hormone levels back to normal, but the damage done remains. I want to try the treatment to see if my muscles/skin/mentality improves. This is the only thing keeping me out of dire hopelessness to live a happy, normal life. I really appreciate any advice you can give me.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    With your above conditions, you shouldn't need to fake your IGF-1/test levels. Have you never seen a doctor in regards to these issues? It sounds serious.

lately is offline New Member
    I am currently seeing a doctor now.

He agreed that my hormone levels may look 'normal' currently. That's the issue. I need to be covered by insurance, so better safe than sorry.

My main concern is that my levels were screwed up during late puberty.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    But if you're still experiencing the above symptoms, something is still wrong. I think it would be a bad idea to further lower your test/hgh levels since you are probably low already and could end up harming yourself. I'd worry about finding the true cause of your problems instead of trying to fake something that may have nothing to do with it and end up giving yourself a false sense of being cured when the underlying reason has been ignored.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by lately View Post
    I am currently seeing a doctor now.

He agreed that my hormone levels may look 'normal' currently. That's the issue. I need to be covered by insurance, so better safe than sorry.

My main concern is that my levels were screwed up during late puberty.
    most insurances dont cover hgh anyway. so a script will let you buy it legally a ridiculously high price at the pharmacy.

i have bc/bs insurance and they dont cover my test. I dont even buy it from the pharm its a waste i get it cheaper on my own

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    But if you're still experiencing the above symptoms, something is still wrong. I think it would be a bad idea to further lower your test/hgh levels since you are probably low already and could end up harming yourself. I'd worry about finding the true cause of your problems instead of trying to fake something that may have nothing to do with it and end up giving yourself a false sense of being cured when the underlying reason has been ignored.
    Solid advice.

Misery13 is offline Not Here

Angry

This guy has posted this on every possible forum...and no one has given him a solid answer on it...we know how to lower test levels...but no one seems to know how to lower HGH levels... Can anyone answer?

Quote Originally Posted by lately View Post
    I am getting blood tests done for IGF-1, HGH, Testosterone , Vitamin D, as well as a complete metobolic panel.

My question is: how can I lower my IGF-1, HGH, and test levels for a blood test? What can I do?

If you want to know why I am asking, I'll explain below. (this is not complete, but almost everything)

-------------------------------------------------------
    History/Background:
    -I was obese from age 10-16, morbidly. My triglycerides were 530 (normal is <130) at 16, when I started to lose the weight
    -I had relatively high estrogen
    -My symptoms seem to correlate highly with cushing's symdrome
    -During the ages of 16-18, I was losing all my extra weight. I used to workout for 40-50m on elliptical @ 190-200bpm on an empty stomach every morning. I didn't know this was a bad decision at the time. I lost weight quickly as well - I wasn't eating much.

Current Conditions that I have:
    -Skin: Extremely loose and thin skin, constantly dry, I'm getting wrinkles, etc
    -Muscles: Horrible muscle tone. It is difficult to walk and balance myself, difficult to lift things with my hands. I have no 'padding' anywhere on my body, which makes it difficult to do anything you can imagine (lift plates, sit on hard surfaces, cross my legs, cross my feet, you name it). The best way I can describe it is that I did not fill out at ALL. I have a large bone structure, but my relative muscle size makes me look like and feel like a skeleton.
    -I have all the symptoms of Cushing's syndome, except high blood pressure. Most of them to an extreme level
    -Brittle/Thin Nails
    -Dry/crispy hair, always
    -Depression
    -Have always gotten really poor sleep, while still requiring 9-10 hours a day
    -Extreme difficult in concentrating (I have a type-a personality too.... it's ironic)
    -Constant Anxiety
    -I have a weak heart. Resting heart rate is 70+. I get chest pains regularly. Feels like my heart is working very hard - I suspect that my heart didn't grow like it was supposed to.
    -Joint pain, from putting so much pressure on my joints (believe this is due to a lack of muscle)
    -Brittle bones (poor density + little muscle/padding)
    -Lips are completely dehyrdated all the time. Outer parts of lips have completely been demoisturized. Have very noticable vertical lines all around them. Makes it difficult to talk/move my mouth

I should mention that I lift weights and exercise at least 3 times a week, each. I take good care of myself. My diet has been impeccable for years (I'm 22 now).

This isn't everything, but it's close. My biggest problems are my poor/almost non-existant muscle tone which makes life very difficult, skin problems, and mental/energy problems.

The reason that I want to make sure that my levels show lower than they actually are is simple: because I highly suspect that a hormone deficiency was the cause, and I want to try the treatment to see if it would help. It's more than likely that after keeping my body in good shape for the past few years has made my hormone levels back to normal, but the damage done remains. I want to try the treatment to see if my muscles/skin/mentality improves. This is the only thing keeping me out of dire hopelessness to live a happy, normal life. I really appreciate any advice you can give me.

JimInAK is offline Member
    Standard drug treatments for acromegaly will decrease or stop GH production. Somatostatin analogues are given to do this. Calorie restriction (fasting) will lower GH production.

However, I strongly agree with frawnz. With you serious past condition and current poor health, I would not recommend gaming your doctor. It's one thing to play a game in order to bump up a prescribed hormone dose to gain more benefit from hormone therapy. It's entire different to play games when you suffer from a serious illness or condition.

I seriously doubt that you know more than your doctor in this situation. I only say these things because I believe that it may be very detrimental for you not to be honest in such a serious situation.

Also, it's very likely that your doctor will determine your HGH level through use of an IGF-1 test. Even if you do temporarily lower your natural GH production, your IGF-1 test is inferential and will raise and lower slowly, because it's based on your average GH production over time.

You are young and there is hope. It's critical for your future to do the right thing. Your doctor cannot make the best, informed decisions when you deceive him. I strongly believe that if you do choose to take such an approach, you may hurt yourself and could keep the doctor from providing the most effective treatment necessary to help you.

Good luck... think smart and try to stay strong. What you choose to do now is critical for your future.
    Last edited by JimInAK; 06-07-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Thread Information