hobnob is offline Associate Member

Question please look at this, am i on the right track when using insulin ??????

okay so im starting my first time ever using insulin (humalog) a week monday, using aas at the moment too so am going to try some insulin for a month starting at 2iu's ed post workout and possibly tapering up to 10iu's if i can tolerate it.
    from what ive seen/heard the biggest thing to be carefull with insulin is to make sure your getting the right sups/food down you streight after your shot
    so this is what i have in mind supp wise
    1.workout
    2.take insulin shot ( start at 2iu's)
    3.streight after will have 10g simple carbs (dextrose) per 1iu of insulin mixed with BCAA'S and water
    4.10 minutes after that will have another shake of 60g protein about 40g of that being whey,same amount of dextrose to first drink mixed with bcaa's,glutamine & creatine powder (about 10-20g of each)
    5. eat a solid simple high carb/protein meal about 50-60 minutes after
    as for food/supp wise does this look about right ?

bump

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    okay so im starting my first time ever using insulin (humalog) a week monday, using aas at the moment too so am going to try some insulin for a month starting at 2iu's ed post workout and possibly tapering up to 10iu's if i can tolerate it.
    from what ive seen/heard the biggest thing to be carefull with insulin is to make sure your getting the right sups/food down you streight after your shot
    so this is what i have in mind supp wise
    1.workout
    2.take insulin shot ( start at 2iu's) start at 5iu, 2iu is nothing, you can also do insulin pre workout
    3.streight after will have 10g simple carbs (dextrose) per 1iu of insulin mixed with BCAA'S and water I do 3-5 carbs per iu
    4.10 minutes after that will have another shake of 60g protein about 40g of that being whey,same amount of dextrose to first drink mixed with bcaa's,glutamine & creatine powder (about 10-20g of each) Yes
    5. eat a solid simple high carb/protein meal about 50-60 minutes after
    as for food/supp wise does this look about right ? ban be up to 2 hours after shakes
    read above in bold

cheers razr, so im on the right track then.

Thread Information