raj1 is offline New Member

Recon/Drawing peptides from a vial

Alright, so here's the deal. I have no problems drawing from a vial that needs no reconstitution (ie. Bac Water), I simply equalize the pressure by adding 1ml of air and then draw 1ml of bac water. However when it comes to peptides it does not seem the simple since you need to first reconstitute. So what's the best way to go about doing this, basically I've been having to use 2 1ml syringes to get the full 1ml of tb500 out of the vial since I cannot seem to get the whole 1ml into one syringe. The problem lies somewhere in my pressure equalization. If someone could clearly explain proper recon and then equalization after the recon that would be great. I've just been adding 1ml of bac water to the tb500 and then attempting to draw without adding any air as one would think adding the 1ml of bac water would substitute 1ml of air. However this hasn't been working as well as I'd liked and I'm wearing down my slin pins trying to suction out all of the peptide so none goes to waste.

raj1 is offline New Member
    I should also note that today I tried adding extra air ontop of the 1ml of bac water and that didn't seem to help, if anything it may have made it harder.

Anonona is offline Junior Member
    If it is a vacuum issue try inserting a pin without the plunger to equalise the pressure. I have issues sometimes but that is more the stopper shape- I insert the very tip of a pin, invert the vial and very carefully draw the last bit.

If I have to reinsert a pin I won't use it- dump the tb into the vial and grab a fresh pin- easier on my skin.

Thread Information