Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By thisAngelBites
  • 2 Post By thisAngelBites
  • 1 Post By Kay kay

Thread: Cutting with insulin

212OlympiaBound is offline Associate Member

Cutting with insulin

I am wondering if any of you have experience/advice for cutting with insulin .

My background: I have used multiple types of insulin for bulking for a few years (on and off), so I have experience with dosages and how hypo feels.

I was thinking about trying to use it for cutting, here is my idea (I haven't really done any research, just basing this off my own theories)
    7:30AM shoot 3-4iu's of rapid insulin with 30grams whey isolate
    10:30AM take another 30 grams whey isolate
    1:00PM resume eating a normal cutting diet.

From glucometer readings and some EMT/Hospital readings I know that:
    70-80mg/dL is a very normal fasting level for me (high metabolism makes me run a little lower than normal, I believe)
    27-32mg/dL is conscious but very disoriented
    below 27 is generally around "lights out" time.

I have a glucometer and am able to take frequent readings. Overall, I was thinking of trying to ride somewhere in the mid-40 level from about 8:30AM to around 12PM for fat loss. This may be way too low, i'll have to see how I feel

What do you guys think?? I know this is basically playing with fire, but I really want to see if cutting with slin is worth a dam.

Also should I take any supps that encourage fat oxidation?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I never did it and most likely never will but I have seen quite a few cutting on slin. When I cut my carbs are low and we all know what happens on slin if you don't consume enough carbs
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Bigjallday is offline Junior Member
    It's kind of like an oxymoron it shouldn't be done for safety reasons you need the carbs proteins and sugars to make sure you don't go into anaphylactic shock and end up killing yourself eating the right amount of calories with the insulin is key to being safe and you don't want to stay on it for more than 6 weeks anyways otherwise you run the risk of becoming a diabetic for life

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjallday View Post
    It's kind of like an oxymoron it shouldn't be done for safety reasons you need the carbs proteins and sugars to make sure you don't go into anaphylactic shock and end up killing yourself eating the right amount of calories with the insulin is key to being safe and you don't want to stay on it for more than 6 weeks anyways otherwise you run the risk of becoming a diabetic for life
    Well I know that the six week thing is a lie. Almost laughable that you would even say that.

But eating carbs while cutting on slin would kinda defeat the entire purpose, right? I mean the theory is to put yourself hypo, not take in carbs, and make your body oxidize fat stores to bring itself back up to a normal blood sugar.

Seems like you also might have missed the point of cutting on slin, PT. Or did I misinterpret your post

PT
    I see what you wrote but it's not telling me much. What's a normal cutting diet? For me its 210 grams of carbs but everyone is different. I need 4 to 5 grams of carbs per iu of slin to keep me from going hypo. Like I said, everyone is different and I know people who do it but I can't
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion

No the 6 weeks time frame is not bs it's your body do what u want anything longer then 6 weeks u run the risk of weakening your pancreas and I meant hypoglycemic not anaphylactic shock.lol where r u getting your info from mine is from a pro trainer u can do 6 weeks on 6 weeks off but you have to cycle it like anything else if you don't cycle tes you're going to be a trt patient if you don't cycle the insulin you're going to be a diabetic don't fool yourself

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    I see what you wrote but it's not telling me much. What's a normal cutting diet? For me its 210 grams of carbs but everyone is different. I need 4 to 5 grams of carbs per iu of slin to keep me from going hypo. Like I said, everyone is different and I know people who do it but I can't
    Well isn't the goal of cutting with insulin to go hypo???

I was going to do a very low dose (something that my body can compensate for without needing carbs), then just ride out the hypo feeling for a few hours. My carb intake on slin was going to be 0 along with no fats. Just a bit of protein

I think you're still missing the point, PT. This is the basic theory of fat loss on insulin.
    ~Shoot a low dose of insulin
    ~Let your body go hypo
    ~Don't intake any carbs
    ~Your body will oxidize fat stores to pull your bloodsugar back to a normal level
    Last edited by 212OlympiaBound; 03-16-2015 at 01:56 PM.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I doubt you are gonna get a lot of people supporting this plan, slin is risky enough when used in the conventional fashion. Using it to intentionally go to the edge of brain fog is not a wise plan in my book.

Taking insulin to go hypo and lose fat is the bumbest laziest thing I have ever heard if u want to lose wight control your diet and do 30 min of cardio before u work out. Do u have any idea how many people have died from going hypo?? Or ended up a vegtible? 212 stop giving stupid advise to people pros stop insulin 8 to 12 weeks out they do not use it to cut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjallday View Post
    Taking insulin to go hypo and lose fat is the bumbest laziest thing I have ever heard if u want to lose wight control your diet and do 30 min of cardio before u work out. Do u have any idea how many people have died from going hypo?? Or ended up a vegtible? 212 stop giving stupid advise to people pros stop insulin 8 to 12 weeks out they do not use it to cut down.
    Not trying to give advice, broski, trying to get it. I am fine with diet and cardio, but I was wondering if this would be helpful for holding onto more muscle mass while cutting. If it does not help preserve muscle mass, I agree that it would be stupid and dangerous for no reason.

I am very aware of what happens when blood sugar drops.
    I have passed out/had seizures from it 5 times, and even gone into a short-term coma.

PT
    Definitely not something I recommend. I perfer the old diet and cardio method personally

amar7 is offline Junior Member
    Yep, PT is right. I have experience with this first hand and went hypo sometimes, looking for a candy bar or anything. this sht is not funny. And it didn't affect my physique at all, neither fat loss, nor muscle wise. Never heard about cutting with slin, to me it sounds like a bad idea and a waste of time.

There are more than enough alternatives to cutting in bb

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 212OlympiaBound View Post
    I am very aware of what happens when blood sugar drops.
    I have passed out/had seizures from it 5 times, and even gone into a short-term coma.
    Not a q uick learner I see. Being aware of what happens and being able to not let it happen to you are two different things. If you have had that many bad experiences with it, it seems very unwise for you to "experiment" with it.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I have used slin with no carbs. meaning on zero carb diet in the past, it is NOT, and i repeat NOT, something i recommend for anyone. I started at 2ius twice a day I never went over 4ius and consumed 600gm of whey protein isolate per day in shakes. The concept behind it is that with such high intake of protein some of it will be converted to glucose, and in theory should be just enough to keep you from going Hypo, i used humolog if i remember correct, i did it for 4 weeks and went Hypo once, which was not fun at all...as i stated earlier i do not recommend this method at all it is walking a thin line all the time between Hypo or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    Not a q uick learner I see. Being aware of what happens and being able to not let it happen to you are two different things. If you have had that many bad experiences with it, it seems very unwise for you to "experiment" with it.
    Thanks for assuming that I went hypo from being stupid with slin. It was from an undiagnosed medical condition. Aka I developed a bad reaction to artificial sweeteners and diet coke would put me in a diabetic coma. It took me 5 times to realize that diet drinks and artificial sweeteners were the culprit.

at Mike_XXL thanks bud! its awesome to hear from someone who has done this in the past. I was going to use rapid slin, so it would be technically "weaker" than log. Overall you would say "not worth it"??

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Its not worth the risk IMO, no way. This is why I dont often give advice on slin and never recommend cutting while taking it.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    This idea is completely insane. And when you're hypo, your body will catabolize ANYTHING it can for gluconeogenesis, so it won't be muscle sparing.
    Furthermore, how do you plan on doing anything while hypo? You can't think, you're angry and irrational, you want to eat everything in site. And that's me in the 50s, let alone 40s like you proposed.

My friend just started doing this with 6iu's rapid and 50g's whey iso. He believes it is working

I would say not worth it...the risk to benefit ratio is not there for me...even known i tried it...

I got a friend who has been doing it for about 10 days. He can do 12iu's novolin-r with only 120g's protein for the next 6 hours. Must be kinda resistant

I got a friend who has been doing it for about 10 days. He can do 12iu's novolin-r with only 120g's protein for the next 6 hours. Must be kinda resistant
    I would not do that, no amount of gains is worth dieing for...or going into comma...if he looses consciousness and even if they find him they would not know what happened and i am guessing their last guess would be that someone took 12ius of insulin and no carbs...way to risky...and clearly uneducated decision as 120gm would not be even remotely close enough to the quantity of Hydrolyzed or isolate needed for adequate amount of gluconeogenesis...

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Insulin also inhibits gluconeogenesis.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

dep30 is offline Associate Member
    Ur friend is flirting with diseaster bro I've always read to intake like 8-10 grams of carbs per iu of insulin and even with taking those kinda levels of carbs I was exhausted the rest of the day afterwards... I can't imagine doing 12 iu and only eating protein

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I dont like like threads like this because its inevitable someone might get the bright idea of trying this, and it ISNT a good idea.

I think most of you guys are missing the point......

The point is to ride hypo for a few hours which forces your body to oxidize fat to keep pulling your bloodsugar up. Taking in any carbs at all pretty much defeats the purpose.

I am personally not going to try this because I have this weird ability to go into a hypoglycemic coma without the aid of exogenous insulin . Will keep you updated on how my friend is doing if anybody is interested. He shot 8iu's today with 120g's pro no cho no fat O/C

There are safer ways to oxidize the fat without putting your life on a lone, thats our point...i agree with jimmyinkedup, personally i think this is going in the wrong direction seems to me from educational to promotion of this method...bad idea...

I agree to a point ^^

If it is the key to saving muscle while cutting I would be all for it.

Your arguement is going to be "well if you go a little bit too low, you go into a coma and could die/become a vegetable"
    well hell, if you crank your steering wheel hard to the right while driving on the highway, you'll probably die too. Just don't be a dumbass about it

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree to a point ^^

If it is the key to saving muscle while cutting I would be all for it.

Your arguement is going to be "well if you go a little bit too low, you go into a coma and could die/become a vegetable"
    well hell, if you crank your steering wheel hard to the right while driving on the highway, you'll probably die too. Just don't be a dumbass about it
    I'm dumbfound.

^^^ no doubt...

Those are not the same, what you are missing in this equation is cost to benefit ratio...its clearly negative maybe 1:1, as it can cast you your life for few lbs of muscle....driving a car ratio is positive as the chances of randomly turning a wheel are next to nil maybe 1000000:1...i can honestly say i have never read and incident report that stated "the dumbass just cranked the wheel all the way to the right and went into coma..."

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    This feels a little like a Darwin Awards ceremony.
    jimmyinkedup and Khazima like this.

Friend is still working this will 10iu's insulin and 80-120g's pro while it is active. He claims it is working

dep30 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    This feels a little like a Darwin Awards ceremony.
    Word!!!!

troym55 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 212OlympiaBound
    My friend just started doing this with 6iu's rapid and 50g's whey iso. He believes it is working
    If he believes then that should be enough.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    2014 I keep it in for an entire contest prep and got in amazing condition. I ran 10iu humalin-r an hour before the workout with my preworkout meal. During the workout I would sip on a gatorade as necessary. I didn't necessarily wait for hypo feeling, just when I thought I needed the little boost of sugar. I never wanted to be full blown ready to pass out. I stayed ahead of the game.

After the workout I had 75g carbs from ultra fuel and 50g whey. 1.5-2 hours later I had a solid meal consisting of about 60-70 carbs and 50g protein. Usually it was chciken and sweet potato. That was usually it for carbs but if I felt like I needed a little bit more I would add some rice or drink a little more gatorade with my next meal.

Fats were non existent of coarse while the slin was active. It is a little tricky to cut on slin but it certainly can be done with success. I felt like all the carbs I ate were used to fuel my training and pwo I was replacing lost glycogen and nothing more. No spill over, no fat gain. This year I felt I was a little behind at ten weeks out so I cut the slin. I can tell you it's definitely easier to get harder without it but you can do it either way.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Why is insulin so dangerous?

4linked is offline Associate Member
    You go hypo and die

Or coma...and then die...it would drop your blood glucose to low you can go into coma and die...

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    But I guess you get some positive results judging by people using it to cut.

Kay kay is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Let’s clear this up...

1. Using insulin has never ever been documented even once to actually be the cause of diabetes in an individual.

2. I’ve used insulin for months on end with NO change to my fasted bg levels, as have MANY others.

3. No you’re not risking your life by doing small doses of insulin with no carbs but anyone with enough insulin experience would know how absurdly uncomfortable that would be.... “riding the edge” of hypo is an absurd idea, I mean sure you can keep sugar nearby and not be at risk but god damn that is going to be uncomfortable and make you feel like shit all day it’s absolutely absurd.
    Bonaparte likes this.

Thread Information