Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thisAngelBites
  • 1 Post By thisAngelBites

Thread: HGH and Fibromyalgia

Dano1 is offline New Member

HGH and Fibromyalgia

Hi everyone

I'm a 45 male and have done five cycles in the past but with age I want to focus more on feeling better and holding off the effects aging and so my next long term cycle is going to be Test, HGH, T4 & Slin. During my research I was able to come across info showing positive effects of using 2IU HGH for those with Fibromyalgia issues. My wife has suffered with Fibro for many years and I would like to start her on it long term but I'm concerned that those with Fibro have weakened adrenals and I'm asking only those with a real understanding if they know or have seen info showing that it wouldn't help using 2IU if you are diagnosed with fibro or if 2IU daily would compromise the adrenals? Also would you know of other supplements to support her other glands while on HGH? Thank you for any help!

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    How bad are her test results for the adrenals, and what does she take to support the adrenals if they're not working well?
    PT1982 likes this.

Ill get the exact numbers and for supplements she is taking B12 inject, mag, selenium, C, co q10, L-Tyrosine, Pantothenic Acid and a supplement called Optimal adrenal by Seeking Health. I found this article -

WebMD News Archive
    June 27, 2002 -- For anyone with fibromyalgia, effective treatment is elusive and the quest is frustrating. Research has shown that the illness may be due to low levels of growth hormone . And now, new research shows that growth hormone injections can relieve the pain and stiffness that comes with fibromyalgia.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano1 View Post
    Ill get the exact numbers and for supplements she is taking B12 inject, mag, selenium, C, co q10, L-Tyrosine, Pantothenic Acid and a supplement called Optimal adrenal by Seeking Health. I found this article -

WebMD News Archive
    June 27, 2002 -- For anyone with fibromyalgia, effective treatment is elusive and the quest is frustrating. Research has shown that the illness may be due to low levels of growth hormone. And now, new research shows that growth hormone injections can relieve the pain and stiffness that comes with fibromyalgia.
    That would be nice. I also have Fibromyalgia (walking rigor mortis) and have tried a few meds that seemed to help but only for a couple of weeks at a time then back to normal. Sucks that you never feel rested. Your tired, go to sleep and wake up constantly because of pain/stiffness. The longer you sleep or stay in bed the more you hurt.

I used HGH for about 1yr but dont remember if it helped with that or not since it was back in 2008 or 2009. That would be interesting and hopefully yet another reason to get on HGH rx.

Hmmm, I doubt this. I have read a lot of alleged causes of FM, but not growth hormone levels, and 2002 in medicine is sort of like reading something written 150 years ago. Even at the slow rate at which medical knowledge filters down into practice, if this were true it would be used relatively often by now in clinical settings. But who knows, as anything is possible. If I had FM I would certainly not be looking to GH to sort me out.

Growth hormone strongly inhibits cortisol release, so if your wife is not making enough cortisol, it will make that worse, and not having enough cortisol is a serious situation. I see a good endocrinologist who is a board examiner for the american association of anti aging medicine, and he does not give growth hormone to anyone unless he has done detailed testing and is assured that the adrenals are being managed properly.

I know you didn't ask this, but I would say that if your wife has problems with adrenals and FM, I think you are over your head trying to treat her with some stuff from your steroid source without guidance. I think you would be better served by finding a very good doctor who will know about these potential dangers, and manage her health more comprehensively.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Yes we have an apt with a great endo on the 29th...they have had good success with low dose hydrocortisone treatment reducing the inflammation. As for HGH most with fibro do not have good sleep 3&4 and have low IGF-1 so Im only hoping that with the cortisol being treated that the hgh would help with deep restful sleep...just hoping

Glad to hear you are getting another mind to help you think about it all.

I get that you really are desperate to help; it's miserable to not sleep well.

My gut feeling is that you're not likely to find a magic bullet with a systemic illness that affects so many things, and with a biomarker that is involved in so many biological processes. But hey, if her adrenals are properly supported, maybe the new endo will give you a scrip so you can be sure you have real stuff and give it a go.

If I were you, I would consider helping her with a very low inflammatory diet, and might try some other radical, non-proven but non-harmful things to help reduce inflammation, like cold/ice baths. There's a neurosurgeon in New Orleans, I think, who has gotten really good results with systemic inflammatory diseases using cold therapy. He's definitely unorthodox, and a little crazy, but I did notice a lot of people who follow him got good improvements in sleep.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Glad to hear you are getting another mind to help you think about it all.

I get that you really are desperate to help; it's miserable to not sleep well.

My gut feeling is that you're not likely to find a magic bullet with a systemic illness that affects so many things, and with a biomarker that is involved in so many biological processes. But hey, if her adrenals are properly supported, maybe the new endo will give you a scrip so you can be sure you have real stuff and give it a go.

If I were you, I would consider helping her with a very low inflammatory diet, and might try some other radical, non-proven but non-harmful things to help reduce inflammation, like cold/ice baths. There's a neurosurgeon in New Orleans, I think, who has gotten really good results with systemic inflammatory diseases using cold therapy. He's definitely unorthodox, and a little crazy, but I did notice a lot of people who follow him got good improvements in sleep.
    regarding the doc in New Orleans, do you happen know his name?

Coppola is offline New Member
    My endocrinologist tested me 7 yrs ago and was of course I was hypo-thyroid but also Growth Hormone Deficient. I take daily injections of HGH, by prescription and am closely monitored.

I can say that I did notice a difference within a month of using it, however that was 7 yrs ago. Today I am 70% better than before the injections, BUT it isn't a cure for CFS or FMS. I still deal with muscle ache and burning, the fatigue and chronic pain daily.

The way I understand it, it helps to regulate your insulin and glucose by balancing your proteins and sugars. Therefore you have better absorption of your foods and can feed your muscles and cells more like a person who is NOT deficient.

Just my 2cents in my experience.
    Last edited by Coppola; 05-16-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Thread Information