leanmachine6 is offline Associate Member

making my own insulin shake okay?

so i know post insulin shot you HAVE to consume simple sugars i was wondering would making your own shake to have post shot work okay ?
    for example if i blended (post 6iu):
    100g oats
    50g dextrose
    100g berries
    50g whey
    10g creatine
    10g bcaa's
    blended with water would that work absolutly fine ? ive used slin before (humalog) and would normally just have the sugars & whey but if i make it into more of a blended meal with the essentials would that be fine too ? i used slin PWO and also with breakfast on training days.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leanmachine6 View Post
    so i know post insulin shot you HAVE to consume simple sugars i was wondering would making your own shake to have post shot work okay ?
    for example if i blended (post 6iu):
    100g oats
    50g dextrose
    100g berries
    50g whey
    10g creatine
    10g bcaa's
    blended with water would that work absolutly fine ? ive used slin before (humalog) and would normally just have the sugars & whey but if i make it into more of a blended meal with the essentials would that be fine too ? i used slin PWO and also with breakfast on training days.
    Your doing too much there bro..if your body receives all that glucose at once a good chunk will turn into adipose tissue..stick to your simple sugar and whey post workout then a meal a hour later that's when you put in the oats and I like 20 grams of fruit with them because it seems my blood sugar is getting a little low ..keep in mind we are all different and a blood sugar monitor is the only way to really get YOUR insulin protocol down perfect..I like slin during training with my whey isolate I tend to go a little heavy on the dextrose like 100 grams vs. normally 50-60 postworkout because Iam burning through glucose quickly with my workout and it's easier to push into hypo..then as soon as I get home I have my lean protein and complex carbs..

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agree on the above stick to your simple sugars and Whey protein, you could add 20g of Oats if you really wanted too but I wouldn't add any more than that.

Thread Information