Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jstone

Thread: Hgh and immflamation/ growths

slim213 is offline New Member

Hgh and immflamation/ growths

I posted a thread about this years ago and never really got anywhere and still cant find any info so thought i would try again.

For the last 15 years i have been getting nasal polyps . Ive just had them surgically removed again a week ago. This is my 10th sinus surgery ( had surgery in ears again also).

I started to use hgh a few months ago and my sympotms from the polyps got progressively worse but it had been 2 years since they had been last removed and grow back anyway.

I had my last shot the day before surgery as i dont want to continue the hgh if it is going to cause the polyps to grow back quicker (They always come back anyway).

I cant find any information relating the two. Im currently on pct and unable to train for another week and want to continue using hgh.

My question is "could using hgh cause the nasal polyps to grow faster"

The polyps grow in my nose due to immflamation in the nasal passage from weak lining. I also have asthma due to weak lining in lungs.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

(Very)Slim

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nasal polyps are notorious for recurring, so sorry to hear about that. Can't comment with certainty on the GH but it can induce cell proliferation by stimulating IGF-1, and it can help prevent cells from dying naturally by stimulating mitosis and making cells apoptotic (resistant to dying naturally) so it may be possible. On the flip side, it also helps with healing.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Nasal polyps are notorious for recurring, so sorry to hear about that. Can't comment with certainty on the GH but it can induce cell proliferation by stimulating IGF-1, and it can help prevent cells from dying naturally by stimulating mitosis and making cells apoptotic (resistant to dying naturally) so it may be possible. On the flip side, it also helps with healing.
    thanks

Can anyone else help with this?

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The growth hormone will definitely cause something like this to grow.at an accelerrated rate. People with cancer aren't supposed to take growth because it speeds up tumor growth. You probably wont find find any studies on polyp growth being accelerated by GH, but GH cause growth of tissue. Common sense would tell me that it will cause them to grow at an accelerated rate.
    Chicagotarsier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    The growth hormone will definitely cause something like this to grow.at an accelerrated rate. People with cancer aren't supposed to take growth because it speeds up tumor growth. You probably wont find find any studies on polyp growth being accelerated by GH, but GH cause growth of tissue. Common sense would tell me that it will cause them to grow at an accelerated rate.
    I guess i just dont want to accept it!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Its possible for it to speed up tumor growth but not sure about polyps.

stacktt is offline Junior Member
    I have not been diagnosed with nasal polyps but have symptoms very similar to it and have other sinus issues that can make me feel dizzy/ pressure in sinuses
    i was using nasal (afrin) spray for a long time and mine ran out, so i borrowed someone else's since they werent using it.
    around the SAME time i was seeing a girl who did not tell me she was sick the night i went over to f***
    a week later i woke up one morning to vertigo. almost fell down the second i stepped outta bed.
    so i have assumed since then that it was like a double issue (nasal spray infection and common cold) really hit me hard
    for nearly 2 months i had feelings of light headedness/dizziness on and off
    it got better as time went on, but never could get rid of the sinus issues that bother me.
    also stuffed nose when going to sleep would keep me up at night from sleeping

i saw my doctor last week and got a script for singulair
    its been 4 days and feel significantly better. doc said this stuff doesnt fully work til around week 2 so i am expecting this to be the cure for my sinus issues

i have asthma too btw and those symptoms have gone down while taking singulair
    Last edited by stacktt; 09-02-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    nasal polyps

What is the root cause of the polyps? I assume you have had a genetic template research to see if they are genetic or a virus type symptom.

The genetic ones I am familiar with which are not so common. The polyps do not limit to the nose in some and actually cover the face.

In either case the IGF factor increase would cause any cell in the body to have increased growth characteristics. How much more? Who knows. Case by case basis. If you accept the surgery as repetitive then what is the difference in 30 months vs 24 etc. Your personal preference call.

I would be as concerned about the breathing side effects from HGH as from the increased cellular growth.

Thread Information