BrownBomber is offline Member

Insulin CheckList

I plan on using Humalog in my next cycle and would appreciate it if you guys could go over plan and see if I got **** straight.......

-After Workout take Humalog and Immediatley consume 10 grams of Carb per IU of Insulin no more or no less, along w/ 60 grams of Whey. So basically on the 1st day I will take 2 IU's of slin, 20 grams of dextrose/malto, and 60 grams of whey. ZERO FAT CONSUMPTION

-Watch for signs of going Hypo. If you notcie you are, consume some gluco tabs.

- Exactly 1 hour after slin shot consume a meal such as chicken, fish, protein powder along with a carb souce that is low GI such as brown rice, beans, anything that is slow digesting. ZERO FAT CONSUMPTION

- 2 hours later I will consume my next meal which will contain fat and protein. Is this alright or to early to consmue fat still?

Does this look good?

If one has a high insulin sensitivity ( Which means that they gain fat when their carb intake is high. I do ) should they lower the amt. of carbs they take per IU of slin?

Thanks
    BB

longhornDr is offline Member
    2 hours after humalog is too soon to be eating fat.

There's no reason why you can't have more than 10g dextrose per IU, especially when you are ramping up from 2 IUs. Assuming you are bulking you need alot more dextrose than that.

10 grams of dextrose per IU is really overkill but everyone is different and you need to find what works for you.

I was fine with 50 grams of dextrose and 10 IU humalog.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    2 hours after humalog is too soon to be eating fat.

There's no reason why you can't have more than 10g dextrose per IU, especially when you are ramping up from 2 IUs. Assuming you are bulking you need alot more dextrose than that.

10 grams of dextrose per IU is really overkill but everyone is different and you need to find what works for you.

I was fine with 50 grams of dextrose and 10 IU humalog.

Actually LHDr. its 3 hours afte my slin injection but now that I think about it Ill hold off until 4 hours. Better safe then fat, right?

Thanks fellas
    BB

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    get a glucometer...that way you know for sure what your BG is, I check it one half hour after taking slin, then I wait another half hour, then one full hour, and finally 2-3 hours later. you don't have to do that throughout...but i'd do it for the first couple of days or even a week, that way you know how your body reacts to your slin dosing. If your blood glucose is low (under 4mmol/ml) i'd take in more carbs...if it's high ( above 7mmol) you could increase the slin NEXT time. AS for fat...I'd wait 4 hours with humalog!

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    if i were you, i'd move that 1st real meal you're takin' an hour after to about 15 minutes after, then an hour after that. a whole hour seems to long to wait right after a shot of humalog.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    if i were you, i'd move that 1st real meal you're takin' an hour after to about 15 minutes after, then an hour after that. a whole hour seems to long to wait right after a shot of humalog.
    BBB,

I will be taking in a shake immed. afte my shot. So you recommend ingesting another meal 15 minutes after my shake??

Thanks
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    get a glucometer...that way you know for sure what your BG is, I check it one half hour after taking slin, then I wait another half hour, then one full hour, and finally 2-3 hours later. you don't have to do that throughout...but i'd do it for the first couple of days or even a week, that way you know how your body reacts to your slin dosing. If your blood glucose is low (under 4mmol/ml) i'd take in more carbs...if it's high ( above 7mmol) you could increase the slin NEXT time. AS for fat...I'd wait 4 hours with humalog!
    I will absolt. look into that. Very interesting! Is there a post or website where I can find out more on how to read a glucometer?

Thanks
    BB

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    I will absolt. look into that. Very interesting! Is there a post or website where I can find out more on how to read a glucometer?

Thanks
    BB
    All the glucometers i had came with a chart on slin dosing per mmol/ml...or talk to your pharmacist they'll be happy to help.

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    Looks like a good plan of attack Bro. I'm on my first slin cycle as well. I'm doing it similiar to the way your doing it, but I'm going overboard with the carbs in the beginning and then after I get up to 10 iu slin I'll start to back down SLOWLY on the carbs.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    I plan on using Humalog in my next cycle and would appreciate it if you guys could go over plan and see if I got **** straight.......

-After Workout take Humalog and Immediatley consume 10 grams of Carb per IU of Insulin no more or no less, along w/ 60 grams of Whey. So basically on the 1st day I will take 2 IU's of slin, 20 grams of dextrose/malto, and 60 grams of whey. ZERO FAT CONSUMPTION

-Watch for signs of going Hypo. If you notcie you are, consume some gluco tabs.

- Exactly 1 hour after slin shot consume a meal such as chicken, fish, protein powder along with a carb souce that is low GI such as brown rice, beans, anything that is slow digesting. ZERO FAT CONSUMPTION

- 2 hours later I will consume my next meal which will contain fat and protein. Is this alright or to early to consmue fat still?

Does this look good?

If one has a high insulin sensitivity ( Which means that they gain fat when their carb intake is high. I do ) should they lower the amt. of carbs they take per IU of slin?

Thanks
    BB
    you have done your research, however 2iu will not do anything....slin is not as dangerous as you believe.....start with 8-10 iu ...... don't trip about eating fat.....i eat everything in sight after slin shots....the 10 carbs/iu of slin is way way out of proportion too bro....see how you react, then experiment

Chapman393 is offline Associate Member
    Why are you guys doing insulin ? Is this a form of cutting up? Forgive me for the stupid question I just have never heard of taking insulin before so I am curious.

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    ^^^do a search on insulin ...you'll find tons of info.

i agree, it's good to be safe but 2iu's is over-safe. i started with five although that was humulin R and i think you'll be taking humalog if i'm not mistaken.
    yes BB, i would take a meal 15 minutes after your shot and shake, and your next one would be about 45 minutes after that, if you were me. that way in that hour after the shot you would have around three square meals runnin' through you, not so much for safety but moreso to get what you want out of the insulin . you have to have nutrients there to transport.
    also, when are you starting, im interested to see what you think of humalog?

you aren't taking a pre-workout shot of a couple iu's to get some pump?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    you aren't taking a pre-workout shot of a couple iu's to get some pump?

BBB,

I dont plan on starting until mid spring. I am currently in a cutting cycle and plan on using slin during my next bulker. Or I may take it during my "Off Cycle Period" I will keep updates for sure!

No Im not going to take any preworkout shots of slin. I ve heard alot of negtive things about. I know you do it but it seems just a bit to risky for me right now. As far as the pump well the DBol , Test, Tren , etc will take care of that

Thanks bro!
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    you have done your research, however 2iu will not do anything....slin is not as dangerous as you believe.....start with 8-10 iu ...... don't trip about eating fat.....i eat everything in sight after slin shots....the 10 carbs/iu of slin is way way out of proportion too bro....see how you react, then experiment

Bro Im not gonna stay on 2ius the whole time. Thats just what Im starting w/ I plan on increasing it by 2ius each workout and stopping around 10iu's I beleive. I have not seen anyone take over 12 iu's of Humalog at one time and IM not sure why? What the most IU's of slin you took at once?

Start at 8-10iu's!!! Are you serious? I know your much more educated on slin use then me, but from every article I read so far they said to start at 2 iu's and work your way up to see how your body handles it.

Thanks bro
    BB
    Last edited by BrownBomber; 01-25-2004 at 02:13 PM.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Bro Im not gonna stay on 2ius the whole time. Thats just what Im starting w/ I plan on increasing it by 2ius each workout and stopping around 10iu's I beleive. I have not seen anyone take over 12 iu's of Humalog at one time and IM not sure why? What the most IU's of slin you took at once?

Start at 8-10iu's!!! Are you serious? I know your much more educated on slin use then me, but from every article I read so far they said to start at 2 iu's and work your way up to see how your body handles it.

Thanks bro
    BB
    bro, be comfortable with what you do...Since you are taking humalog, start with what you had planned...I thought you were taking -R, so 2 iu seemed a bit low...Good Luck bro

you need to read my post twice and not say i'm giving bad advice unless i really am...
    no **** food will take longer to absorb, that's why i said "meal 15 minutes AFTER YOUR SHOT AND SHAKE!!!" Your only difference to my post is when to consume the next meal, and eating more can hardly be construed as "bad advice." If you or BB wants to wait for an hour to eat again, fine. but just as you said, it takes longer to process, so why not have it there for the peak of the slin???

Thread Information