daem is offline Anabolic Member

Optimum GH timings?

Just wondering what timings worked best for any of you that have ran it @4iu's ED.

Should it always be taken AFTER training (cardio/lifting) or since it releases over the course of a couple hours could it be taken immediately before in order to peak when post-workout nutrition is being administered?

I don't want to hit my slin until after training as it drains me when I take it before, however if I return from lifting or cardio at 8pm I don't want my levels to peak when I am going to sleep...so it is kind of like a double edged sword.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Solrock is offline Member
    BUMP - I would like to know if there is an optimal injection schedule as well. Right now I do it around 8-9 am and 3-4 pm. The afternoon shot always makes me sleepy around 7-8.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Solrock ..I run the same schedule as you.......I've read alot on this topic and so many ppl run it differently....I talked with a few companies that distribute HGH and they all recomend 1 shot in the morning...I went that avenue a few years back and had almost the same results as I have now splitting the dose daily.

If someone jumps in this thread with solid facts,I'd gladly read the post.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Best time to take GH is at 8.00am and 2.00pm...that's when cortisol is at it's highest peak. Taking a BG reading two hours after administration. For those who use slin or metformin with GH.

Agent Smith is offline 'The Cleaner'
    as mallet said, i'm doing exactly that.

AS

bushidobahn is offline New Member
    I agree with the morning shot. After 4 months of before bedtime shots (1.1 IU/day) my IGF-1 count was only 231. No solid studies I can site, but I'm told by experts that I was shutting down my own natural GH production by shooting it at night.

Solrock is offline Member
    Interesting comment Mallet. At one point I recall seeing some type of graph that indicated the spikes and valleys of natural GH production throughout a 24 hour period. I am not sure if the graph was specific to an individual or a general average.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    man this subject is so debated and theres so many contradicting fact and evidence studys ,its crazy ,about the myth of shutting naturalproduction down if shot before bed time ,it takes 3 hrs to kick in and then has a hlf life of 10-13 hrs ,so if us splitting up shots chances are u will be supressed regardless ,now shooting right before bed ,u relseas ur nat gh in rem sleep ,which about 2.5 3 hrs into sleep ,so some say it does not supress gh ,as it happens before its metabolised into ur system,(thats one study ) ,i ve treid every method and the best one that worked for me was inthen am and then at pm ,the whole theory and reasoning of splitting up injects ,is if u are dosing more then 3ius ed ,cuse u rbody does not like like large surges of gh ,it tend to release antibodys agaisnt it (as adefense mechanism to protect us against acromegaly ,people who have acromegaly ,lack these antibodys),the best resaults that i got wereffrom 3ius am and 3 ius pm ,after training,or before bed time .aslo i ahve rad studys that state mallets theory correct aslo , i belive its one of those things where u will ahve to see what worsk best for u .aslo u want to time it that its not released upon training time as it will make u drag ass cuase it supresses slin levels and sensetivity .

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I agree with big N yopu have to find out what works for you. I have low hgh/igf-1 so I used it before bed.

JohnnyB

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the responses everyone.

i am going to keep the dosage split at 2iu 9am / 2iu 3pm and see how the results go.

i will alter and hit it all before bed if my body doesn't respond to day administrations as well as i think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by big N
    man this subject is so debated and theres so many contradicting fact and evidence studys ,its crazy ,about the myth of shutting naturalproduction down if shot before bed time ,it takes 3 hrs to kick in and then has a hlf life of 10-13 hrs ,so if us splitting up shots chances are u will be supressed regardless ,now shooting right before bed ,u relseas ur nat gh in rem sleep ,which about 2.5 3 hrs into sleep ,so some say it does not supress gh ,as it happens before its metabolised into ur system,(thats one study ) ,i ve treid every method and the best one that worked for me was inthen am and then at pm ,the whole theory and reasoning of splitting up injects ,is if u are dosing more then 3ius ed ,cuse u rbody does not like like large surges of gh ,it tend to release antibodys agaisnt it (as adefense mechanism to protect us against acromegaly ,people who have acromegaly ,lack these antibodys),the best resaults that i got wereffrom 3ius am and 3 ius pm ,after training,or before bed time .aslo i ahve rad studys that state mallets theory correct aslo , i belive its one of those things where u will ahve to see what worsk best for u .aslo u want to time it that its not released upon training time as it will make u drag ass cuase it supresses slin levels and sensetivity .
    GH pulses are regulated by GHRH and somatostatin. They occur in roughly four hour intervals. GH is released, and shortly thereafter somatostatin-mediated downregulation/suppression occurs.....in roughly 4 hours more, the balance favoring GH release is again reached....the cycle continues.....
    The GH pulses are greatest (most GH released) at the pulses nearest REM sleep, like was mentioned. Studies where exogenous GH was injected show that endogenous GH release pulses are "reset" (i.e. the 4 hr interval clock is reset with reference to the introduction of exogenous GH, after which time your endogenous GH releases will resume roughly 4 hrs later).
    The idea of antibodies being made to lower GH levels is just wrong. The immune system doesn't work that way. If there are antibodies ever made to GH, they are always present, since GH will always be present. Antibodies aren't part of any negative feedback loop in the endocrine system.

Mallet's suggested times make good sense. If you're not taking slin, it'd still be a good idea to take a slin-spiking drink at or shortly after taking your GH shots (at both times) to help suppress cortisol and to allow for both GH and slin to be present for optimal IGF-1 production. If your workout finishes within 4-5 hours of bedtime, it may be best to take your 2nd GH shot immediately after your w/o (still with a slin-spiking drink).

topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Einstein, you say to take in a slin spiking drink , could you give me your best example of which you are refering ? Thanks TC

Quote Originally Posted by topcat50
    Einstein, you say to take in a slin spiking drink , could you give me your best example of which you are refering ? Thanks TC
    The best is water + dextrose (glucose). The amount of glucose will be dependent on the person. 50-75g is a very rough guideline, but should give a nice insulin spike.

Thanks Einstein , I'll give it a try ! If you would take a look at my thread on Endocrinologist and Growth. I'd like to hear what you think , Thanks

Einstein ,what do you think about using celltech as the slin spiker ?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat50
    Einstein ,what do you think about using celltech as the slin spiker ?
    You can go to a brewery store and but dextrose for about a dollor a lb, then go to the store and buy kool-aid for flavor. If you want to add creatine go a head but believe me this will save you lots of money

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    You can go to a brewery store and but dextrose for about a dollor a lb, then go to the store and buy kool-aid for flavor. If you want to add creatine go a head but believe me this will save you lots of money

JohnnyB
    I'm with JB on this one. Save your money and make it yourself. If you want the exact recipe, it's pretty simple. Dextrose is the best simple sugar source.

Thanks, thats what I will do !

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    GH pulses are regulated by GHRH and somatostatin. They occur in roughly four hour intervals. GH is released, and shortly thereafter somatostatin-mediated downregulation/suppression occurs.....in roughly 4 hours more, the balance favoring GH release is again reached....the cycle continues.....
    The GH pulses are greatest (most GH released) at the pulses nearest REM sleep, like was mentioned. Studies where exogenous GH was injected show that endogenous GH release pulses are "reset" (i.e. the 4 hr interval clock is reset with reference to the introduction of exogenous GH, after which time your endogenous GH releases will resume roughly 4 hrs later).
    The idea of antibodies being made to lower GH levels is just wrong. The immune system doesn't work that way. If there are antibodies ever made to GH, they are always present, since GH will always be present. Antibodies aren't part of any negative feedback loop in the endocrine system.

Mallet's suggested times make good sense. If you're not taking slin, it'd still be a good idea to take a slin-spiking drink at or shortly after taking your GH shots (at both times) to help suppress cortisol and to allow for both GH and slin to be present for optimal IGF-1 production. If your workout finishes within 4-5 hours of bedtime, it may be best to take your 2nd GH shot immediately after your w/o (still with a slin-spiking drink).
    einstein i like ur study ,but if paid attention it said to large surges of gh ,if u wish to see studys i can dig them up for u or can try doing some research on some gh gurus that we have here ,ironmaster ,nandi ,bigcat pic ur choice .

Quote Originally Posted by big N
    einstein i like ur study ,but if paid attention it said to large surges of gh ,if u wish to see studys i can dig them up for u or can try doing some research on some gh gurus that we have here ,ironmaster ,nandi ,bigcat pic ur choice .
    I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but if the immune system makes antibodies to GH, it isn't to regulate plasma levels......that's an autoimmune disease, and it will have a far greater impact on GH levels than just suppression of high levels of GH. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but as complicated as the immune system is, it still works on pretty simple principles. Any study that suggests GH is regulated by antibodies would be mere speculation by the author, and it wouldn't be correct.
    Acromegaly is an overabundance of GH, yes, but it's the result of improper regulation by the somatostatin/GHRH balance. You treat acromegaly with somatostatin analogues.
    Last edited by einstein1905; 03-21-2004 at 11:56 PM.

Thread Information