lwgy is offline Junior Member

anyone use HGH eod?

i talked to a former bodybuilder during the summer and he said to run HGH every other day (eod). his reasoning was to try to get the body to increase natural HGH on the off days. has anyone heard of this? any merit to it?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I've never heard that.

JohnnyB

Solrock is offline Member
    never heard of it... I would be curious if there was a study to back this up.

Quote Originally Posted by lwgy
    i talked to a former bodybuilder during the summer and he said to run HGH every other day (eod). his reasoning was to try to get the body to increase natural HGH on the off days. has anyone heard of this? any merit to it?
    The effects of GH directly or via IGF-1 are both accomplished within hours. the reason people do it daily is to see the cummulative effects of each administration in a shorter period of time. That being said, EOD will get you the same results as ED would in 2x the time.

As for the body producing more on an off day...that's very unlikely (I'd say impossible). GH has a very short half life, and IGF-1 has a half life of around 10minutes if not bound to an IGFBP; if it is IGFBP3-bound, the half life can be up to 6 hours or so. In any event, the half-lives of the compounds that feed into the negative feedback inhibition loop of GH aren't long enough to have an impact on GH release any further than 6 hours from the last administration (or endogenous release), and that's max.

Thread Information