KrashRoute is offline Associate Member

LR3 2 doses am/pm vs 1 post workout dose..

Curious what the pros and cons of each of these methods are. TIA for any input.

It's pretty well accepted that IGF receptors are upregulated in the muscles worked after resistance training. For exactly how long you get this upregulation isn't clear. A shot post w/o seems a given, but a shot the following morning may still be very beneficial, as IGF receptors may still be upregulated. My thoughts on it are....I know IGF receptors are upregulated post w/o, and LR3 has a fairly long active life (especially relative to regular IGF-1), so I shoot one single dose post w/o (split up bilaterally). Many people shoot 2x/day and get great results. I'm not sure how many have tried both ways....or even if the difference would be noticeable if there were a difference.

Solrock is offline Member
    I ran AM and PM bilateral injects. I had what I thought were great results. However, next time I run IGF-1 LR3, I am only going to shoot post w/o in the muscle group that I worked.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Solrock
    I ran AM and PM bilateral injects. I had what I thought were great results. However, next time I run IGF-1 LR3, I am only going to shoot post w/o in the muscle group that I worked.
    I ran it the same way as you brotha.I was real pleased with the results.Next time around I'll be trying post w/o to compare the difference.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    What ever you do 1 or 2 injection get one in post w/o

JohnnyB

got it.... thx... ill prolly try one post w/o now and split it up next run.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    That's what I did, I used 1 post w/o and on my next 1 I'll do 2 injection 1 post w/o then another in the late after noon.

JohnnyB

where and when is best to shoot on non lifting days? Just hit the body part last trained ? Im lookin to go all delts and my left bi /tri to hopefully get some better symmetry. So on back day Ill hit my left bi, chest day my left tri, etc. Im going to alternate between delts and my arm eod also. Does this sound on point?

SLUMPBUSTR is offline Associate Member
    say your hitting post work out only....are you guys still doing 2 injections. one in each tri/bi/delt/pec whatever you trained????

On off days, I shot the muscles worked the previous day.
    I shoot 1/2 dose in each bi or tri or pec....you get the idea. In my case, it was 25mcg/side post w/o.

flexshack is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    On off days, I shot the muscles worked the previous day.
    so in essence, you were shooting the same bodypart two days in row on off days right? lets say you worked bi's on a monday, then post w/o you shot bi's on that monday. now you take off tuesday. but you still shot bi's again on tuesday? is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    so in essence, you were shooting the same bodypart two days in row on off days right? lets say you worked bi's on a monday, then post w/o you shot bi's on that monday. now you take off tuesday. but you still shot bi's again on tuesday? is this correct?
    That's correct. Another option would be to shoot ONLY on w/o days.

Einstein, or whoever has any input... when you split a dose can you just load a pin with say 40mcg back it up with baw and just empty half the pin on one body part and the other half on the other? Im looking to combine with with dogcrapp training so my tris and bis will be constantly worked.

Quote Originally Posted by KrashRoute
    Einstein, or whoever has any input... when you split a dose can you just load a pin with say 40mcg back it up with baw and just empty half the pin on one body part and the other half on the other? Im looking to combine with with dogcrapp training so my tris and bis will be constantly worked.
    I always use a separate pin for each injection. You COULD use the same for both sides, but I don't recommend it. Pins are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I always use a separate pin for each injection. You COULD use the same for both sides, but I don't recommend it. Pins are cheap.
    I guess what I was asking was if you you thought the igf would be dispersed well enough such that each half of the injection volume would contain a similar ammount of igf. Ill leave some air in the pin and shake it up a bit before going. Guess well see what happens.

I guess what I was asking was if you you thought the igf would be dispersed well enough such that each half of the injection volume would contain a similar ammount of igf. Ill leave some air in the pin and shake it up a bit before going. Guess well see what happens.
    i don't know as much as einstein on this topic, but i don't think shaking your igf-1 is a very wise move. not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    i don't know as much as einstein on this topic, but i don't think shaking your igf-1 is a very wise move. not sure though.
    Why is that.... even prior to injecting?

Why is that.... even prior to injecting?
    what i have read (and again, i am not sure this was credible) was that igf-1 is a protein that is sensitive to being thrown around. they said that you can harm the protein if mishandled. i am really not sure if there is any truth behind these claims though. better wait for einstein or someone with more knowledge than i.

Thread Information