JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

LR3 IGF-1 in small intestines

This is good news for those worried about getting a gut from LR3 IGF-1.

The role of insulin-like growth factors in small intestinal cell growth and development.

MacDonald RS.

Nutritional Sciences Program, University of Missouri, Columbia, USA. [email protected]

IGF-I and IGF-II receptors are expressed in the small intestine of mammalian species, as are the genes to synthesize both peptides. IGF binding proteins are also expressed in the intestine. IGF-I and IGF-II mRNA are highest in fetal and newborn tissues and decrease with age. IGF-I mRNA is present in the adult small intestine, and is associated with the submucosal regions and crypt cells. IGF-I and IGF-II receptor binding to the small intestine is higher in newborn animals and decreases with age. Both receptors are more concentrated in the crypt than villus regions, but IGF-II binding is higher than IGF-I in all regions. IGF-I receptors are associated with the submucosal region of the small intestine, whereas IGF-II receptors are more abundant in the mucosal cells. Administration of IGF-I either orally or by osmotic pump generally has no affect on small intestinal weight or length, but does increase mucosal cellularity. LR3-IGF-I administration by osmotic pump affects the small intestine similarly to IGF-I, although with a higher potency. In the few studies in which IGF-II was administered, increased gut mass was observed in adult rats, but not newborn rats or pigs. Significant effects on mucosal expression of disaccharidases was achieved with either oral or subcutaneous IGF-I or oral IGF-II. Administration of IGF in models of intestinal hypertrophy and atrophy are also reviewed.

JohnnyB

longhornDr is offline Member
    What dosages were used? Would be interesting to see how they compare to the amounts being recommended for bodybuilding purposes.

I'll go back and see if I can get the full text, but this is going to blow your mind I did see 1 study that has a high dose of LR3 IGF-1. Higher then I've heard of anyone using.

JohnnyB

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Ok Johnny I'm not a brain surgeon Dog. What does all this mean?? Are my intestines gonna grow or not grow. Thanks

I think it's really good info, but I'm trying to find a study I saw before that mentioned differential expression of IGF receptor types comparing humans, rats, and pigs. It showed humans have a higher proportion of IGF-1 receptors on the intestines, in general, than did rats, but pigs were similar? It also mentioned the same type of differences on the spleens of the three.

If you can dig up that other study using high dose LR3, that'd be great.

I saw a study similar to this where they were treating rats with IGF-1 and testing for enhanced nutrient uptake, because of IGF-1 binding in the intestines, which it did increase. I'll look for these studies.

basically, the study is saying, in rats, that IGF-1 does not cause increased intestinal mass but does cause increased mucosal cell turnover, whereas IGF-II does increase intestinal mass. Keep in mind that GH will also increase IGF-II levels and that the intestines themselves have GH receptors too.

I've got 1 on wound healing with LR3 IGF-1, it's 16 pages so I'll read it during spring break, then post the abstract.

JohnnyB

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Wow this is some good info. thanks once again!

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice post Bro !!!

flexshack is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I've got 1 on wound healing with LR3 IGF-1, it's 16 pages so I'll read it during spring break, then post the abstract.

JohnnyB
    spring break? what are you in school still? lol or maybe not??

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    spring break? what are you in school still? lol or maybe not??
    Far from it, but I'm going out of town with my family so I'll get some time to read

JohnnyB

Thread Information