Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

Timings with injections and food intake...

Insulin is active for 4 hours, so does this mean that you will intake carbs all the way till about 11pm if your gonna have your slin shot at 7pm P/W?? Isnt 11pm a bit late to have carbs in your body? Especially coz you will be going to bed soon after 11pm and any extra carbs in your body will probably be stored as fat? Do you think its a better idea to train at 1pm, finish at 2pm, have your slin shot right after workout and then consume simple carbs till about 6pm while slin is still active? And then at least after 6pm you can lower your carbs which will give you less chance of putting on fat coz the less carbs the later, the less fat you will put on. And by the time you go to bed you will have no carbs at all. This again would give us less chance of putting on fat. Instead of having carbs in your body at 11pm and then going to bed soon after that.

I I'm not sure about this 1...
    Last edited by Gear; 05-23-2004 at 12:45 PM.

When you refer to carb intake with insulin , it isn't really the same as when you're not using insulin. The initial pwo dextrose intake is primarily to restore depleted muscle glycogen stores, and the minimal carb intake thereafter, during the slin activity, is to merely maintain BG levels within a reasonable/tolerable range. So, it's not as if you'll have an abundance of carbs in the body....you're merely taking in maintenance doses of carbs.

Ahh ok ok, I understand. So most carbs that you intake while Insulin is active goes towards Insulin treatment. Ok I get it, well thanx for that, appriciate it

Ohh by the way, I understand that you are supposed to consume about 10g of carbs to every 1 IU on Insulin right after injection. But what about dinner about 1 hour later? How many carbs and proteins should I consume then? And then I have another meal after my dinner about 1.5 hours later, so what about that too? I think its important to know how many carbs and protein intake I should have for these 2 meals coz this is the time when Insulin is active. So i am a little unsure how much carbs and protein to consume for these 2 last meals. I was thinking something like 250g sweet potato, 1/2 cup brocolli and steak for my dinner which comes about 1 hour after my Insulin injection. And then about 1.5 hours later have some rice cakes and protein shake or somethin. And then few hours later just have a protein shake, this wouldnt be too long just before bed time. Does that sound about right?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    i owuldn't eat steak while the insulin is active...it has a lot of fat in it i would eata grilled chicken or something for the meal.

Since I've started going strictly IM with insulin , here's my post injection intake:
    75g dextrose immediately
    15 min later 80g of why
    1-1.25hrs later 150g of chicken breasts and 25-35g of dextrose.
    By the time for my next meal, the slin is no longer active, so it's business as usual.

Yeah I should have known tha fat factor in steak, silly me totally 4got. Yeah grilled chicken sounds good, or tuna in water right out of the can to replace the steak or something. Thanx boys

Thread Information