eric0704 is offline New Member

gotta good one for you..

me and a friend bought some igf-1r together when we recieved it i told my friend not to add anything to it. not being to smart in calculating my friend decided to add bacteriostatic water to the vial. About 7mls.or 1.5 teaspoons to be exact . he was thinking along the line of drawing the 40mcgs.of igf along w/ bout 80 mcgs of bacteriostatic water. which is 120mcs.x's 2 e/d. He was just wanting to draw it in the syringe w/o having to add the bacteriostactic water to it. Being 120 mcgs each and every time x's 2 e/d. my question is did he mess the batch or can he still use it that way.. or did he just lose $200.00...Any help would be appreciated . The vial is almost to the top w/ bacteristatic water. He did aleast measure it; Duh..

Quote Originally Posted by eric0704
    me and a friend bought some igf-1r together when we recieved it i told my friend not to add anything to it. not being to smart in calculating my friend decided to add bacteriostatic water to the vial. About 7mls.or 1.5 teaspoons to be exact . he was thinking along the line of drawing the 40mcgs.of igf along w/ bout 80 mcgs of bacteriostatic water. which is 120mcs.x's 2 e/d. He was just wanting to draw it in the syringe w/o having to add the bacteriostactic water to it. Being 120 mcgs each and every time x's 2 e/d. my question is did he mess the batch or can he still use it that way.. or did he just lose $200.00...Any help would be appreciated . The vial is almost to the top w/ bacteristatic water. He did aleast measure it; Duh..
    The IGF-1 you bought was already resuspended in BA or not?
    BTW teaspoons!! Where are you getting sterile teaspoons?

he measured the 7 ml by syringe; and yes it was already supended in ba. He put the 7 ml of bacteriostatic water in the already suspended vial.

he measured the 7 ml by syringe; and yes it was already supended in ba. He put the 7 ml of bacteriostatic water in the already suspended vial.
    Just use it. To draw 40mcgs, based on what he did, he'll need to draw 320 microliters, which is 31IUs on a U-100 slin pin. Store it in the fridge rather than the freezer. It probably won't affect anything in reality.

flexshack is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Just use it. To draw 40mcgs, based on what he did, he'll need to draw 320 microliters, which is 31IUs on a U-100 slin pin. Store it in the fridge rather than the freezer. It probably won't affect anything in reality.
    hey einstein, why did you recommend fridge over freezer just out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    hey einstein, why did you recommend fridge over freezer just out of curiosity?
    The BA is diluted 7:1 with water, so I'm not sure if the BA content will be high enough to keep it from freezing...probably, but I don't want to say it will be ok and then be wrong......just to be safe.

flexshack is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    The BA is diluted 7:1 with water, so I'm not sure if the BA content will be high enough to keep it from freezing...probably, but I don't want to say it will be ok and then be wrong......just to be safe.
    gotcha

Einstein.. It's been in the fridge all the time. Doesnt seem to be anything wrong w/ it. no clots; not frozen ; just cloudy. Do you think it's still good?; I just don't want to tell the guy to go ahead and use it. Another dude off another website said it was ruined. I'll go for whatever you say. seems like you know your stuff . If so ; you say take it in 31 iu's? I guess he just draws from the vial and that's it ...
    Last edited by eric0704; 04-03-2004 at 10:18 PM.

Einstein.. It's been in the fridge all the time. Doesnt seem to be anything wrong w/ it. no clots; not frozen ; just cloudy. Do you think it's still good?; I just don't want to tell the guy to go ahead and use it. Another dude off another website said it was ruined. I'll go for whatever you say. seems like you know your stuff . If so ; you say take it in 31 iu's? I guess he just draws from the vial and that's it ...
    There's no danger in taking it versus if it were still only in BA.... I highly doubt there's been any appreciable degradation, so if anything, it may be slightly less potent. No need to waste it though. Yeah, as long as he doesn't throw anything else into the mix before you can stop him, 31IUs will equal 40mcgs. It's at 0.125mg/mL as it stands. I bet he won't notice anything different than if he were to have used it in only the BA....let me know if he feels anything once he starts....I'd like to know for my own peace of mind.

Einstein.. one more time. I asked my friend how he came up w/ that calculation. He told me 4 clicks on the slin syringe. Isnt that 80 mgs instead of 40? Each click means 2 mcgs right? I don't think he know what he's doing. he done other cycles before; but not using a slin syringe. So instead of using 80mcgs a day; he was going to use 160 mcgs, Wow.. I know he added the 7 mls of bacteriostatic water. But is it as diluted as you thought.. Should he still use the 31 ius ? And how many clicks should that be?; just to get it straight.

Einstein.. one more time. I asked my friend how he came up w/ that calculation. He told me 4 clicks on the slin syringe. Isnt that 80 mgs instead of 40? Each click means 2 mcgs right? I don't think he know what he's doing. he done other cycles before; but not using a slin syringe. So instead of using 80mcgs a day; he was going to use 160 mcgs, Wow.. I know he added the 7 mls of bacteriostatic water. But is it as diluted as you thought.. Should he still use the 31 ius ? And how many clicks should that be?; just to get it straight.
    If he added 7mL of BW, then it'll take 31IUs on the slin pin to get him 40mcg, assuming it was in 1mL of BA to begin with.
    Most U-100 slin pins have 50 total tics....each tic represents 2IUs of slin, which is 20 microliters. Originally, his LR3 was at 1mg/mL, which is 1mcg/microliter, so 40 microliters is 40mcg, which is 2 tics (IUs) on a U-100 slin pin. Now, since he added 7mL of BW, it's at 0.125mcg/microliter.
    (40mcgs/0.125 = 320), meaning he needs 320 microliters to get 40 mcgs. 320 microliters is 31IU's on a U-100 slin pin.

The igf came from MR . Thanks for your help... :

Thread Information