flexshack is offline Member

another question on igf-1lr3

i am confused about something. i have read that igf-1lr3 does not raise or alter at all our natural igf-1 levels. if this is so, then does this mean that even when taking igf, we still will produce our own hgh which is then converted into igf-1. or does this process stop? if it stops, then where is the negative feedback coming from? einstein??

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    i am confused about something. i have read that igf-1lr3 does not raise or alter at all our natural igf-1 levels. if this is so, then does this mean that even when taking igf, we still will produce our own hgh which is then converted into igf-1. or does this process stop? if it stops, then where is the negative feedback coming from? einstein??
    I've seen somewhere too, I don't remember where, that LR3 doesn't affect endogenous GH, and therefore IGF-1, levels. I simply don't agree with/believe that. I'd need to see some really clear evidence of this being the case.....not just someone's speculation.
    In this thread I explained why I think what I think.
    I'd be interested to see what and where you heard that LR3 won't affect endogenous IGF-1.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I've seen somewhere too, I don't remember where, that LR3 doesn't affect endogenous GH, and therefore IGF-1, levels. I simply don't agree with/believe that. I'd need to see some really clear evidence of this being the case.....not just someone's speculation.
    In this thread I explained why I think what I think.
    I'd be interested to see what and where you heard that LR3 won't affect endogenous IGF-1.
    i heard it from you, lol. i started that thread that you gave a link to.
    and yeah, i too find it hard to believe especially b/c of the overall muscle growth that occurs from its usage. if this speculation was true, how could all the muscle groups in one's body grow if one was only injecting im? i also believe that im injections allow more of the igf-1 to stay local, whereas subq allows all of it to flow throughout the body.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My contention is that while using IGF-1, you'll be limiting your own endogenous GH/IGF-1 production, but this will cease with in hours (maybe 6-24) of ceasing LR3. So, on the short term, it does affect endogenous production.
    Despite a paper claiming/theorizing that IGF-1 doesn't leave the muscle in which it is produced (in a study where IGF-1 was overexpressed in rat muscles), I'm now pretty convinced that it does leave the site, but that IM site injections are still best to take advantage of receptor upregulation.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. My contention is that while using IGF-1, you'll be limiting your own endogenous GH/IGF-1 production, but this will cease with in hours (maybe 6-24) of ceasing LR3. So, on the short term, it does affect endogenous production.
    Despite a paper claiming/theorizing that IGF-1 doesn't leave the muscle in which it is produced (in a study where IGF-1 was overexpressed in rat muscles), I'm now pretty convinced that it does leave the site, but that IM site injections are still best to take advantage of receptor upregulation.
    i understand now. thanks.

Thread Information