Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 0.4mg = ? IU's

  1. #1
    topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58

    0.4mg = ? IU's

    I recieved my Humatrope pin from my endocrinologist today and he started me off at two clicks on my pen . I have a 12 mg cartridge in the pin and two clicks is o.4 mg . How many IU's would that be ?
    Thanks !

  2. #2
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat50
    I recieved my Humatrope pin from my endocrinologist today and he started me off at two clicks on my pen . I have a 12 mg cartridge in the pin and two clicks is o.4 mg . How many IU's would that be ?
    Thanks !
    That's roughly 1IU.
    1mg= 2.7IUs for GH

  4. #4
    topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    Thanks Einstein, I was hoping that it would be more but that is his starting dose and says he will increase in eight weeks . Another question that I have for you is that my test levels were also low , because I finished my last cycle about a month before bloodwork , and he is only giving me 100 mg of test eoweek . I would like to add some more test but need to be back below 900 before my next profile that will be due in seven weeks . I'm not talking much, maybe 400mg a week . I can do this with cyp or prop . I appreciated you sending me the calculator a while back but I was unable to use it . Do you think that I could do 100mg of prop eod and discontinue at week five and be in the ballgame or do you think that maybe 300mg of cyp per week and discontinue at same time would get similar results ? I want to be careful not to be to elevated at week seven . I do realize that after my first run that I'll know what I'll be able to do . I appreciate your advice, TC

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    First, regarding the GH:
    Don't take your GH within 36-48h of your bloodwork. This will be sufficient time to allow your IGF-1 levels to drop back down to your normal physiological levels. If you really want to do all you can to get him to boost your dosages, you may want to eat a big high GI meal within a 4-5 hours of your visit, as this will elevate IGFBP levels too and make your bioavailable IGF-1 levels appear lower...this will be pretty insignificant though, since most is IGFBP-bound anyway.

    For the test:
    He's actually giving the EOW injections, right?
    It's going to be tough, because you want to have your results come out similar to, but slightly higher than, your last test. You could actually run prop up till much nearer your test, as this will suppress your own test....you'll have some cummulative test from the 100mg EOW he's giving you (is that right??)....let me think about it....

  6. #6
    topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    I appreciate the tips regarding the GH and Yes he is giving my test cyp injections @ 100 mg EOW . So you think by going with his eow injects and the prop at 100mg eod I'll be Ok ? You say that you think that I could run them a little closer than five weeks knowing that my bloodwork will be done at seven weeks ? I really appreciate your advice, Thanks TC

  7. #7
    flexshack is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    If you really want to do all you can to get him to boost your dosages, you may want to eat a big high GI meal within a 4-5 hours of your visit, as this will elevate IGFBP levels too and make your bioavailable IGF-1 levels appear lower...this will be pretty insignificant though, since most is IGFBP-bound anyway.
    i thought that the test for igf-1 levels is done by recording how much igfbp one has, not the free igf-1. is this wrong?
    btw, i thought this is the reason why igf-1 levels do not rise when tested when one is on an igf-1lr3 cycle.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    i thought that the test for igf-1 levels is done by recording how much igfbp one has, not the free igf-1. is this wrong?
    btw, i thought this is the reason why igf-1 levels do not rise when tested when one is on an igf-1lr3 cycle.
    They can test for both. If it's an HRT doc, they may very well test both. It would be know exactly how they tested last time. In either case, stopping the GH 1.5-2 days before will help.

  9. #9
    topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    Einstein, Were you able to come up with a time frame for me running the 100mg eod of propionate up to bloodwork ?

  10. #10
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    I'd stop the prop atleast 1 week before blood work, I had blood work done 3 day after my last injection and it was still high(above normal)

    JohnnyB

  11. #11
    topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    Thanks JB, were you doing propionate when you had this done ? Were you running anything else with your test ? Would another fast acting such as trenbolone clear as well ?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat50
    Thanks JB, were you doing propionate when you had this done ? Were you running anything else with your test ? Would another fast acting such as trenbolone clear as well ?
    Tren won't show up, it'll just suppress you rnatural test further. By taking prop, you'll be shutting down natural test, so you'll need to rely on the prop for your test levels. The EOW 100mgs won't be doing much. I'd stick with what JB said, as he's done this....rather than my trying to make a good guess.

  13. #13
    topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    Thanks , I appreciate all of your advice . I'll give you guys a followup after my bloodwork and let you know how I came out .

  14. #14
    topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    58
    If tren does not effect the test levels would equipoise or an oral like winstrol or d-ball effect them or only surpress them also ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •