HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

what kind of insulin ?

im looking to bridge with insulin and creatine, taking 6iu when i wake up then 6 immediately after workout (late afternoon) now my question is which kind would be the best bet for gaining muscle size , humalog or humulin R ?

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Humalog in every circumstance I would say... Same potency and less active time... Meaning less chance of going hyopgylcemic.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    How late??? Humalog is active for four hours. Stay clear of humulin R. Peace

is that a good way to run it 6iu in the morning and 6iu post training ? the reason y i was leaning towards humulin R is because it is active for 4hrs which means my body will be anabolic for a longer period of time im not too worried about hypo because last time i ran slin i had glyco pills with me everywhere i went so not too worried bout that the only thing im worrried about is becoming diabetic which is why the humulin R is the max i would go !!! so what you guys think about the cycle and anymore opinions ?

Humalin R is active for much longer than 4 hours.
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=93441
    You don't want the "anabolic " effect of insulin any longer than you have to, since insulin is just as anabolic to adipocytes during its activity. Read through some of the more recent insulin posts. The main period of time you want insulin's effects are about a 2hr window beginning immediately post w/o. Humalog is the shortest acting insulin, so is therefore the most potent (more IU's of activity in less time).

thats what i needed to know thanks einstein ? what about 6iu in the morning or do you think i should just pound 12iu post workout ?

Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    thats what i needed to know thanks einstein ? what about 6iu in the morning or do you think i should just pound 12iu post workout ?
    I'd suggest beginning at 2IU post w/o and working up by 1-2IU/day. After you're there, incorporate AM (if you want...it is a good time to use it), using the same stepwise increases. Don't just start with shooting 6IU.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Just to clerify!!!

is that a good way to run it 6iu in the morning and 6iu post training ? the reason y i was leaning towards humulin R is because it is active for 4hrs which means my body will be anabolic for a longer period of time im not too worried about hypo because last time i ran slin i had glyco pills with me everywhere i went so not too worried bout that the only thing im worrried about is becoming diabetic which is why the humulin R is the max i would go !!! so what you guys think about the cycle and anymore opinions ?
    Humilin R effects last for 5 to 7 hours. This is why Humilog is the way to go!!!

is that true that the shorter acting the insulin is the more potent it is ?

is that true that the shorter acting the insulin is the more potent it is ?
    potency is a measure of activity vs time, so if you shoot 10IU, and it's active for 8 hours, you have 1.25IU/hr
    If you shoot 10IU of an insulin that is active for 4 hrs, then the potency is 2.5IU/hr

Thread Information