Thread: Milk & Insulin?

GymDog is offline Banned

Milk & Insulin?

To minimize fat gain, I've read that one should be concerned about carb/fat intake while on slin. I like to mix all my shakes with 2% milk. Post-workout, I always drink 4 scoops of a weight gainer (N-Large-2). Will this be too many carbs (44g+87g) or too much fat (20g+5g) to run while insulin levels are peaked? Protein w/ milk would be 84g (52g+32g). Is that too much fat or carbs for a post-workout, post-insulin shake? Should I just drink the weight gainer with water? Or should I use my weight gainer at a different time of day and use my normal whey protein for my post-insulin shake?

I only mix in water....and I use only isopure (0 carbs 0 fat) post w/o while using insulin .
    I take in less than probably 5 grams of fat for the total period of insulin activity.
    Just use the whey in water. Just use dextrose/water for the carbs. Others may do it differently, but I'm on the extreme end of limiting fat and carbs....but it works.

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I only mix in water....and I use only isopure (0 carbs 0 fat) post w/o while using insulin .
    I take in less than probably 5 grams of fat for the total period of insulin activity.
    Just use the whey in water. Just use dextrose/water for the carbs. Others may do it differently, but I'm on the extreme end of limiting fat and carbs....but it works.

i also plan to use it, and my fat intake will be below 5grams while insulin is active

GymDog is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Don't you want SOME carbs while using insulin? Or is that only with your meal 1.5-2.5 hours after the initial injection? Also, if carbs are needed during the insulin peak, how much would you say is good/safe?

Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    Don't you want SOME carbs while using insulin? Or is that only with your meal 1.5-2.5 hours after the initial injection? Also, if carbs are needed during the insulin peak, how much would you say is good/safe?
    Your dextrose is your carb source, which you'll take w/in 5-10 minutes after your injection. begin with 10g/IU and as you get accustomed to the effects, try to limit that intial dextrose:IU ratio to as low as you can feel comfortable with. The meal 1-1.5hrs later will be high protein...no fat....carbs as needed. I still just use dextrose at this meal too, which depends on your BG/feel. You can add complex carbs at this point, but I don't. My meal 2-3hrs after that will have complex carbs, but still no fat.

GymDog is offline Banned
    The protein I normally use is Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey. It's got 1.5g's of fat & 3g of carbs per scoop. I can get away with 1.5g's of fat & 3g of carbs, right?

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    The protein I normally use is Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey. It's got 1.5g's of fat & 3g of carbs per scoop. I can get away with 1.5g's of fat & 3g of carbs, right?

i would think so, just so long you keep is as low as possible. also if you havent read this check it out

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=74457
    and
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=4985

very good reads

Thread Information