Thread: neck?

Tambit24 is offline Member

neck?

Was doing military lifts on a machine with about 240. Pushed through about 8 and dropped the weight down. I immediatly sat back to do more reps after dropping down in weight and when I threw my arms back to grab the handles, I heard/felt a pop of some sort in the back of my neck. Needless to say I was done lifting for the day. A day and a half later there is still some pain, but more like muscle soreness now. At first I thought I messed up my spine or something cause it didn't feel like it was my muscles at all. Not sure what it could be. I have full ROM and is only slightly sore to the touch and extreme turning of my head. Heat seems to be the only help aside form pain meds. Anything serious or just muscle strain and need a few days off of the gym?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    dont use heat! use ice! you have a muscle sprain/strain, heat will increase the inflamation,

Tambit24 is offline Member
    I was switchin back and forth between heat and ice through out the day and heat seemed to loosen my neck up where as ice made it more stiff.

Thread Information