Thread: ACL help Please

customworksking is offline Associate Member

ACL help Please

I tore my ACL last night going to the doc in 15min ..what do I need to do ? sucks never in my life have I had a sport injurie.. volleyball this is killing me.. in my last 2 cycles I put on 15lbs in 2years u think the extra weight had a role?
    Last edited by customworksking; 06-07-2008 at 11:14 AM.

my gear

do I stay on my gear 1/2 way in on test E 500ml a week..?

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Hi, I tore my ACL a while back. I have had two ACL reconstructions.

For your first question, did the 15lbs in 2 years play a role? I would say almost definately not. 15lbs is not a lot of weight to put on in 2 years. I myself put on 80 lbs naturally in 3 years and had zero injuries playing college football. Which is much more taxing on the tendons, ligaments, joints, and muscles than volleyball.

Secondly, If you are mid cycle, I would say to finish it and not just stop it mid way. You will still be able to lift weights, just obviously not that leg. You can do almost all of your other lifts sitting down. Also, during the time leading to surgery, you will want your leg muscles to be as strong as possible, because you wont be using your knee for a while, so they will surely start to wither away. Once you begin rehab, the leg muscle around the knee that was preserved will speed up the recovery Since you wont be using your leg for a while, I think staying on cycle will help keep the muscle you have better than stopping. (and like I said, just because you cant use that leg doesnt mean you have to stop training)

Good luck with it. Let me know what kind of graph you choose to do (patella tendon, hamstring, cadavor ACL, etc)
    Last edited by VeraDeMilo; 06-06-2008 at 09:00 AM.

80lbs wow good job.. I'm going to the gym 2day and see how I get around..thanx for the info..I will post what they find via M R I..
    Last edited by customworksking; 06-09-2008 at 04:17 PM.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Sounds good man. Just remember not to put the weight on that leg. do everything sitting if you can. Having one ligament already torn makes it very unstable and more suseptable to further injuries to the rest of the knee and other ligaments. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

after my MRi I tore my ACL and stressed everything else....

candian_born is offline New Member
    will GH help in rebuilding and regeneration of the ligament? how about if the acl was partially torn instead of post operative treatments. I suffered a first degree tear of my ACL, during my arthroscopy for my torn meniscus the doc mentioned that my ACL was partially stretched..there is laxity and some instability when i pivot..I did prolotherapy for it and it helped but i need something that will help with the regeneration. will GH do the job? if so then is it supposed to be injected at teh site or in muscle? thanks

KD735 is offline New Member

ACL partial tear

I've never heard of GH for ACL strains. When our guys sustain partial tears, rehab is always the mainstay, along with functional bracing. Beyond that, there is a new technology out there... PRP it's still in the early phases but all preliminary data that we're getting back is that it's very effective. If you recall, Hines Ward received this just before last year's super bowl. I will say this, we have been injecting our professional athletes with it in as many cases as possible. No side effects...it's essentially your own stem cells that are thrown into an inflamed environment and we believe at this stage of the game, that they somehow promote rapid healing. Ask your local doc about it. If they don't know much about it, or have never done it....then go see a doc who is more current with whats in vogue, and more comfortable treating high level athletes. Hope this helps.

Thread Information