goof82 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Loose Skin. To surgery or not to surgery?

Hey all,

Ok so Im in a situation, I lost approx 45kg (99lb) over the space of a 2-3 years however since than, my skin has been loose in certain areas, such as lower chest, inner thighs and abs.

I been on a good diet and trainning regulary (4-5 times a week) but cant seem to remove the loose skin in any of these areas, its been a few years now so i know its not going to go back being tight or tighter. I do admit, it has SLOWLY gotten better but i'd be like 100yr old before its some-what normal lol.

My stats are:

Hight: 5'6 (166cm)
    Weight: 75kg
    BF%: Approx 19-20% according to the scales at the gym

Now I know i still need to loose more BF before anything but even if i do get it to my goal (13-15%) i dont think it will be all that much different.

I've attached some photo's, is there any hope? Or should I look at saving some $$ for the surg? Or maybe just get on some test and winny and go harder at trainning LOL.

Your thoughts/ advice would be great!

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5571/24022010863.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/343/24022010864.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/166/24022010865.jpg

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Congrates on losing the weight mate but the only way to lose the slack skin would be surgery Well thats the way I would go

Thanks!

Yeah kinda thinking same thing. Oh well.....time to start saving my $$$ from now on LOL.

Frank1 is offline New Member
    Props for loosing the weight bro. After seeing the pics, I too agree. Surgery would be the way.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    i would agree surgery would your doc not refer you for loosing the weight ?

Thanks guys for the heads up

My Doc said not to worry about surgery and just tone up the stomach area, do more core exercises and get over the loose skin lol. His pretty cool guy but that info isn't what i wanted from him.

Im going to research some places, i know you can get a mini-tuck, but stupid thing here in Australia is that a mini-tuck starts off about $6,000 AUD and a full tuck is betwen $9,000 and $12,000 AUD...stupid prices huh??

Maybe i should visit asia ahaha jk!!

spicyer is offline Associate Member
    I got my tuck done in Mexico, 1/3 the price of what i was quoted US and I live to tell about it.

Yeah if i was to go to asia i can get it at 1/3 the price too give or take, but i just dont know about the quality of standard they got compared to here.....but it does give me something to really think about. :S

Oh I spoke to another Dr today, quoted me $16,120AUD for it all.....LOL these people are idiots i swear! I rather buy a car or invest my money into something lol

Thread Information