Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: massages?

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

massages?

Are there any massages that are good for helping muscles recover? I worked out with a bodybuilder that said he got a certain kind once a month but I forgot what kind he said he got

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    the kind with a happy ending..lol

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    LOL I thought the same thing.
    Deep tissue massages can be beneficial.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Happy ending all the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ac guy

LOL I thought the same thing.
    Deep tissue massages can be beneficial.
    Lol happy endings are what I have my wife for. Thanks for the info

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Lol happy endings are what I have my wife for. Thanks for the info
    We are not talking about HER happy ending but yours. lol

Yes most any GOOD massage is beneficial be it deep tissue, Thai, Swedish or ??? The more stretching and deep tissue the better. Forget all the wraps, hot stones and such. I dont like the light touch BS stuff either, I want to feel it and if you dont drink plenty of water afterwards you will feel it for sure. You need to flush out those toxins. Nothing wrong with a GOOD massage for 1 or 1 1/2 hr with the final relaxation therapy is included with the proper technique but it all depends on where you are also. Most Asian cultures seem to consider it just part of the service.

optionsdude is offline Member
    If you can find someone that does active deep tissue work you've struck gold. It involves moving the muscle while they dig in and loosen things up.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    Those are very helpful Most athletes get best results from a deep tissue massage.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Are there any massages that are good for helping muscles recover? I worked out with a bodybuilder that said he got a certain kind once a month but I forgot what kind he said he got
    Either a sport massage or trigger point massage

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

We are not talking about HER happy ending but yours. lol

Yes most any GOOD massage is beneficial be it deep tissue, Thai, Swedish or ??? The more stretching and deep tissue the better. Forget all the wraps, hot stones and such. I dont like the light touch BS stuff either, I want to feel it and if you dont drink plenty of water afterwards you will feel it for sure. You need to flush out those toxins. Nothing wrong with a GOOD massage for 1 or 1 1/2 hr with the final relaxation therapy is included with the proper technique but it all depends on where you are also. Most Asian cultures seem to consider it just part of the service.
    Haha I'll keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by yannick35

What is a trigger point massage?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    All massages are good for muscle recovery. When the muscles are massaged and relaxed it helps to prevent injury in future workouts. Plus is causes you to work out more often cause you want the massage afterwards. The biggest problem is the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark
    All massages are good for muscle recovery. When the muscles are massaged and relaxed it helps to prevent injury in future workouts. Plus is causes you to work out more often cause you want the massage afterwards. The biggest problem is the expense.
    Yeah lol they are expensive. Makes me want to send my wife to school for massage therapy lol

DanB is offline Banned
    Nothing like a sports massage, apperantly my back if full of knots every time and I get one weekly

Also good for ROM

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I live in NYC so massages can get out of control in price but I found a chinese body work women in my hood and she is incredible. I found on yelp and if it were not for the reviews I thought it would be a rub and tug joint. She has a pole attached to the wall directly above the massage table and gives massages using her feet. It is incredible and only 55 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy2778
    I live in NYC so massages can get out of control in price but I found a chinese body work women in my hood and she is incredible. I found on yelp and if it were not for the reviews I thought it would be a rub and tug joint. She has a pole attached to the wall directly above the massage table and gives massages using her feet. It is incredible and only 55 bucks
    That sounds awesome haha. There's a place near huachuca that costs like50 bucks foran hour

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I go to an LMT who combines deep tissue with stretching and damn if she hasn't nailed some huge knots a few times....mostly in my back/lats. She can't weigh more than 100lbs but she feels like a damn silver back gorilla when her elbow is 6 inches deep in my knotted lats. I damn near pass out but my range of motion (ROM) improves immensely when she finally finishes her torture! Lol

Last year I had issues with my right bicep. It took her all of about 10 seconds to find the problem. I swear to god I almost puked when she started working it but two days later, my ROM was back to 85% and I was lifting 25 lbs heavier over the previous week.

Nothing beats a good massage....except a good happy ending....but there are plenty of other places I go for that. My LMT is a hottie but I'd gladly take her deep tissue ass kicking over a happy ending because it gets me back on track in the gym!

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93

That sounds awesome haha. There's a place near huachuca that costs like50 bucks foran hour
    OMG....I had a Thai massage like that but the girl was so hot it made me too damn horny to relax.

With my yellow fever, I'm a sucker for Asian women and massages. I damn near give them
    My ATM card and PIN every time. Damn yellow fever. Damn you hot Asian women!!!!! Lmao.

Thank god my LMT is a California blonde and not an Asian chick or I'd never get the massage I actually need.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

OMG....I had a Thai massage like that but the girl was so hot it made me too damn horny to relax.

With my yellow fever, I'm a sucker for Asian women and massages. I damn near give them
    My ATM card and PIN every time. Damn yellow fever. Damn you hot Asian women!!!!! Lmao.

Thank god my LMT is a California blonde and not an Asian chick or I'd never get the massage I actually need.
    Lol from what it sounds like Asian women are the ones to go to, to get the BEST massages lol

Yeah the best massages I have had are from small Asian women. I like the ones with the bars above the table also so they can walk on you. I need to get back in and get some massage soon, I need it for my shoulder and back. It use to only cost me $20 but my co pay went up to $30, still better than $50+ but I got spoiled in Thailand and Philippines getting a 1hr massage + 20 min steam room, tea and time to relax after all for $15 or less.

Yeah the best massages I have had are from small Asian women. I like the ones with the bars above the table also so they can walk on you. I need to get back in and get some massage soon, I need it for my shoulder and back. It use to only cost me $20 but my co pay went up to $30, still better than $50+ but I got spoiled in Thailand and Philippines getting a 1hr massage + 20 min steam room, tea and time to relax after all for $15 or less.
    Dang man that's insane. Great deal

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    shiit LB, when i lived in korea, an hour in the steam bath was $10. then you hopped up on this table, naked, and she rubbed you down

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

shiit LB, when i lived in korea, an hour in the steam bath was $10. then you hopped up on this table, naked, and she rubbed you down
    Lol wtf I wana move there

Lol wtf I wana move there
    that was 32 years ago mate. i'm sure it aint the same anymore

Fair enough, that back before the gym had been invented lol

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    No it's pretty much the same, the ones I got in Thailand and Philippines were within the last 2 years. Philippines is best for making it a full meal deal and enjoyable event with the tea, steam room, showers and of course FULL body naked massage. $20 would be a HIGH end place with tip included, $15 is a very nice place with tip and $10 is typically a smaller place, probably no steam room or sauna but still shower before and after and a choice of happy endings...

I just got a deep tissue massage in Mexico, been on vacation there for the last 10 days, its not a very fun massage to have but it will really undo knots and nagging pains.

A trigger point massage will work the pain surrounding an area and a sport massage will increase blood flow a lot. Most massage run at 75-80$ for 1 hour.

I try to get one when i really feel i pushed myself to hard, and insuance covers 80% of it.

I got my 1st massage ever I think in Mexico. No one had told me I need to drink a lot of water after and I hurt the next day. lol Still the ones I got in Mexico can not compare to Thailand and even better in Philippines. Typically in Mexico the masseuse are older, bigger women while in Thailand they are cute, young fit girls/women that make the experience all that much better but seriously those little Asian girls feel like 300 lb gorillas when they man handle you. lol
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-12-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Fair enough, that back before the gym had been invented lol
    correct. no gym. I'm Irish, so we worked out by picking up heavy stones.....

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I got my 1st massage ever I think in Mexico. No one had told me I need to drink a lot of water after and I hurt the next day. lol Still the ones I got in Mexico can not compare to Thailand and even better in Philippines. Typically in Mexico the masseuse are older, bigger women while in Thailand they are cute, young fit girls/women that make the experience all that much better but seriously those little Asian girls feel like 300 lb gorillas when they man handle you. lol
    Deep tissue no mater how much water you drink will hurt like crazy the next day.

correct. no gym. I'm Irish, so we worked out by picking up heavy stones.....
    Yes, heavy stones, and cardio would be bar fights right?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There used to be a spot near my work, the head women there was a 40 something Korean who was built like an attractive linebacker. She was trained and licensed as a master practitioner or whatever in Korea, she said in Korea it was taken very seriously and it was a two year full time course. She was by far the best massuese I have ever been to. I went there weekly and alway felt great afterward. On my 50th Bday I had got in a fight and sustained a boxers fracture of the right pinky knuckle. It had been killing me for 2 weeks and she said she would fix it and started examining then pressing on different points along my arm and forearm never going any closer to my hand than the wrist. Well for 2 weeks after the pain was almost completely gone and after another adjustment it never returned.

The strange thing was she normally just ran the joint she would only massage athletes or a few very good customers, then when she was done working you over she would send in one of her 18-21 year old staff to finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive
    There used to be a spot near my work, the head women there was a 40 something Korean who was built like an attractive linebacker. She was trained and licensed as a master practitioner or whatever in Korea, she said in Korea it was taken very seriously and it was a two year full time course. She was by far the best massuese I have ever been to. I went there weekly and alway felt great afterward. On my 50th Bday I had got in a fight and sustained a boxers fracture of the right pinky knuckle. It had been killing me for 2 weeks and she said she would fix it and started examining then pressing on different points along my arm and forearm never going any closer to my hand than the wrist. Well for 2 weeks after the pain was almost completely gone and after another adjustment it never returned.

The strange thing was she normally just ran the joint she would only massage athletes or a few very good customers, then when she was done working you over she would send in one of her 18-21 year old staff to finish the job.
    Haha! Sounds pretty crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93

Lol from what it sounds like Asian women are the ones to go to, to get the BEST massages lol
    Mmmmmmmmm......Asian women.

If I went to Korea.....I'd probably never come home!

vonner is offline New Member
    i love happy endings

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    i've had my first trigger point massage and although VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, I felt like a new Girly. My massage therapist incorporates with stretching and the chakras. Also, 60 minutes is not enuff IMHO, but I have issues LOL!!!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    oh...sorry, I now see that this thread just became a "happy ending" thread . I fell for the newbie bump on an old thread....My BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    oh...sorry, I now see that this thread just became a "happy ending" thread . I fell for the newbie bump on an old thread....My BAD!
    LOL you know how we are, eventually every post goes that way. One track mind.

LOL you know how we are, eventually every post goes that way. One track mind.
    We don't have dirty Minds just sexy personalities here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information