Dyabolic is offline New Member

Recovering From Pec Tear

Hey guys,

I completely tore my right pec last March, and I've really been struggling to get back into the game. Does anyone with experience with similar injuries have any words of wisdom for how I can get back on the horse?

xjbone is offline New Member
    Ouch! Sounds painful. Unfortunately,I cannot offer any advice. But I am curious how you tore your pec. Was it during any particular exercise?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tore the tendon off the bone or tore the muscle itself? Both will take awhile to heal up but seems like the mental aspect is the hardest part. Every time you feel a twinge you'll be thinking about re-injuring the pec.

btc89 is offline New Member
    Ouch bro, I'm very sorry to hear about your injury. Tearing the muscle itself may never fully heal; I've got a friend who ripped his over ten years ago and it's still lopsided.

Take your time with training and take it nice and easy.

I wish you all the best!
    B

cc5501 is offline Junior Member
    I had a pectoralis major rupture. They did an MRI and the tendon was not completely torn off (like 35 maybe 40 percent torn) and the muscle had ruptured (I felt it happen while benching w/o warming up... ouch).

Surgeon ordered physical therapy. I stupidly waited like 4 or 5 months to start the therapy. I'm happy I finally did it.

They helped me build my strength back up and gave me stretches and exercises I do to warm up before lifting. They also helped heal some of the damaged tissue. Before the therapy I could barely do a bench press and would have bursa swelling and pinching that hurt like hell. It's definitely not perfect now, but much better.

Thread Information