IronClydes is offline Senior Member

Elbow injury not improving

Hoping someone might have relevant experience or knowledge on this problem.

About 2 months ago I donated blood. That same day I started suffering waves of unbearable pain to that area as the length of the arm. I had not worked out that day or the day after. The emergency room did an ultrasound the next day to make sure there was not a blood clot. The doctor then advised it was likely that the needle had hit my nerve and I would need to take it easy on it for at least a several weeks.

To this date it still hurts. 2 weeks ago I transitioned from my heavy compound workouts to higher reps to alleviate the pain that is unbearable when lifting. It has helped, but any heavy lifting or overuse brings the pain right back.

Any ideas? This is getting ridiculous and has costed me quite a bit of lost results to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've had this happen one time from a blood draw. Pain in the elbow area for about 4 months. There was nothing I could do to make it better. It just took time.

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50
    I've had this happen one time from a blood draw. Pain in the elbow area for about 4 months. There was nothing I could do to make it better. It just took time.
    Did it recover fully for you? I am growing impatient and looking to return to heavy compounds soon. Will this prolong recovery?

Looking to start my second blast soon, perhaps that will help things. My cruise is about 150 weekly, blast will likely total about 600.

225, 6', 16% bf, bench 320, squat 405, dead 465.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah it took about 4 months for the pain to go away. It was just a dull ache that would get worse and then get better. It's only happened that one time. There's no residual effects or pain now. Ibuprophen helped a lot.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Well...this reminds me of the Many times that i have given blood (for my own testing) and the phlebotomist, f##kn me up.

Getting Poked with a Needle, does come with Risk. Especially when dealing with Ding-Dongs who can't find veins or push the needle around INSIDE your flesh trying to VAMP out some Plasma. Makes you think twice about donating...(sigh).

Thread Information