Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: Neck strain?

Neck strain?

I was doing standing military press when my neck starting hurting. It didn't hurt at all before this. Felt it mid set. It feels exactly like I slept on it wrong. I guess my question is, did I do something wrong? Hands shoulder width apart, core tight, looking up. Anyway to make it stop hurting faster?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Yoooo

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThe4th View Post
    Yoooo

You need to ice it, you sprained/strained the facet joints. My guess is it was to heavy of a weight.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thanks

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Also, make sure your head comes forward slightly between your arms as your pressing upwards. I've tweaked my sternocleidomastoid on overhead presses and heavy-ish leg presses numerous times. Fortunately, it has healed quickly so far..
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Also Charles if you continue to have neck issues you may want to visit a chiropractor. You may have caused some misalignment that could be easily corrected. Alternate ice and heat with some ibuprofen but if it doesn't get better or you have recurring problems check out the chiro.
    F4iGuy likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThe4th View Post
    I was doing standing military press when my neck starting hurting. It didn't hurt at all before this. Felt it mid set. It feels exactly like I slept on it wrong. I guess my question is, did I do something wrong? Hands shoulder width apart, core tight, looking up. Anyway to make it stop hurting faster?

Are you doing these behind the neck or to the front?
    If you have an exercise that causes discomfort or pain find another alternate exercise to replace it.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I used to get neck strain before perfecting my form on several lifts. I like E-Stim to loosen up the strained muscle. There are several stretches you can perform. Go visit a chiro and ask for traction on you neck. Feels amazing. Most importantly avoid whatever caused the strain for at least a couple weeks and lighten up when you get back after it.

lattin1 is offline New Member
    I've strained my neck and back a couple times over the years doing shoulder press. I see a couple people suggesting chiropractors. No offense but forget that nonsense. Go see a physical therapist and get dry needled.

Thread Information