97viper is offline New Member

PRP, HGH, and anti inflammatory question

I had a PRP injection in my shoulder. Directions say to stay away from anti inflammatory meds for 6-12 weeks as they will reduce the inflammation created by the PRP injection which would then minimize the effectiveness of the PRP. My question is can I use HGH after the PRP injection? I’ve googled HGH and anti inflammatory but haven’t found anything consistent. I don’t want to go back on HGH if it reduces the effectiveness of the PRP.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 97viper View Post
    I had a PRP injection in my shoulder. Directions say to stay away from anti inflammatory meds for 6-12 weeks as they will reduce the inflammation created by the PRP injection which would then minimize the effectiveness of the PRP. My question is can I use HGH after the PRP injection? I’ve googled HGH and anti inflammatory but haven’t found anything consistent. I don’t want to go back on HGH if it reduces the effectiveness of the PRP.
    I don't know that it would cause a problem, but why not just wait the 12 weeks and then go back to the GH.

One of the mods here recently had the PRP injection done on his shoulder and he mentioned how they advised him to steer clear of anti-inflammatory drugs because it would reduce the effectiveness of the process.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

97viper is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I don't know that it would cause a problem, but why not just wait the 12 weeks and then go back to the GH.
    If there are no interactions, I'd prefer to go back on the GH. If GH works as an anti inflammatory I'd stay off for the 12 weeks. I am not finding anything conclusive on GH as an anti inflammatory which is why I posted. As of now I am staying off the GH.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When we went over this in class I knew I didn't need to study to hard because it wasn't something they knew r expected us to be eperts on however, I have a small idea that may apply.
    -
    I don't think GH is an anti-inflammatory. Not in the way we use the word anti-inflammatory, i.e., something which reduces the inflammatory process. The reason you do not want to reduce the inflammatory process is that it necessitates a more impactfull healing response. Some parts of the inflammatory response are not inefficient but do promote better healing. GH probably pushed the body past some of the phases of the inflammatory response or hastens the healing process to the degree that you may not be getting the full benefit of the PRP injection.
    -
    The inflammatory response is part of the healing response however, we sometimes avoid it because it can go further than necessary. For example, if your a cavemen who bakes his leg the inflammatory response causes soft-tissue to form a splint like support, good for caveman bad for us. We have real splints and the healing process takes longer because we have to break down the cell mediators that were part of the splinting. Splinting is just one part of the inflammatory process that is good and bad, not all of the inflammatory response is inefficient or slows healing/reduces good outcome.

Thread Information