ChadderBox is offline New Member

Minor Cold, Should I Lift or Rest a Day?

Wrong forum probably I know, quick question though.

I'm currently on a cycle, and obviously want to make the most of it, however, I woke up yesterday feeling kind of run down and now feel like I've caught one of those "24 hour bugs." My body feels kind of sore, nose is a little stuffed, etc. Nothing too major, but I think I am going to take a night off from the gym tonight and hopefully I'll be at 100% by tomorrow. Does everyone think this is reasonable? I hate missing a night at the gym, but I think I'd be better off skipping tonight and resting up.

I feel that if I go tonight I won't be 100% into it, feeling worse off when I finish training knowing that I didn't give it my all and in addition, I feel as though I'll be much weeker, etc.

Well if anyone has any positive's to taking the night off, it would make me feel that much less guility, lol. Thanks!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had a bad cold last week and worked out almost every day hard. My feeling is if you can push yourself to do it then go for it.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    ya bro take the night off. its all about rest and recovery. working out with a cold for 1 isnt fun and 2 you feel like shit. stay home stay low on the carbs and lay in bed all day after work and catch up on movies or tv.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I agree with JUNE,

There is no point in exercising when your sick. It is a systemic shock and the body in a lot of ways reacts the same to a bout of exercise as it does to an illness. You will inhibit both process, growth and recovery and retard your immune system.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I agree with JUNE,

There is no point in exercising when your sick. It is a systemic shock and the body in a lot of ways reacts the same to a bout of exercise as it does to an illness. You will inhibit both process, growth and recovery and retard your immune system.
    i agree,ive worked out many times when i felt like i was comming down with a cold and have regretted it the next day.i think exercise temporarilly weekens our immune system and allows the cold to take hold.just my experiance and opinion though as i have no scientific evidence to back this up.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    hope u feel better...so did u rest?

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Rest

Thread Information