Lil man 10 is offline Junior Member

HELP torn abs???

Hey guys after a hard ab workout Ive been sore for 5 days now and when I say sore I mean days 2 and 3 I could hardly sleep or stand upright noticed swelling in lower abs yesterday just above belly button all the way down to my balls anyone ever experience this????

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    daaamn, i've never came across such injuery, check a Dr.

likewize is offline Junior Member
    You might wanna take it easy on the "crazy" ab workout. Swelling is okay the day that you workout, but there should be no sign of swelling after that. I would go see a doctor...

soreness seems to be almost better but swelling still present

eljeffe is offline Junior Member
    First question would be how long had it been since you had done abs before this workout? Next did you incorporate alot of new exercises, I have done this before and was sore for a solid 7 days but it was all good, just really strained my obliques.

yea i hit a few knew things just for lower abs thats why i havent been to doc yet goin monday if no improvement, guess thats what i get for slowing down in the gym all summer

eljeffe is offline Junior Member
    dude I would not worry about it that bad, you said the magic words "took off for summer", that will get you everytime, but if you do not see improvement definitly go to the doc, good luck

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by likewize
    You might wanna take it easy on the "crazy" ab workout. Swelling is okay the day that you workout, but there should be no sign of swelling after that. I would go see a doctor...
    By swelling, to you mean a muscle pump (the muscle in engorged with blood)?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    severe asprain strain!!ouch!!! ice 20 minutes every 2 hours to stop the inflamation and pain, and don't even think of using any heat. big mistake. give me a brief overview of your ab workout, i have a feeling you may be overtraining, and while injured, no ab exercises at all
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 09-06-2005 at 01:52 PM.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    when i tore my tricep the doctor told me that if i had and swelling at all with tenderness that it was torn, or any swelling at all for that matter. Even a small tear can make a golfball lump. Dont do abs for awhile. Dont deadlift or squat either. Doing such things with your abs in a weekend state could be asking for a hernia. In fact, your might have a hernia. I would take a week off or 2 from everything then start back slow.
    Thats what i would do.

roiderkid is offline New Member
    maybe u got a hernia

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by roiderkid
    maybe u got a hernia
    possible but i doubt it. any news on your progress?? diagnosis?

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil man 10
    Hey guys after a hard ab workout Ive been sore for 5 days now and when I say sore I mean days 2 and 3 I could hardly sleep or stand upright noticed swelling in lower abs yesterday just above belly button all the way down to my balls anyone ever experience this????
    How are you doing? Did you go to the Dr? Try taking either Aleve 500mg twice daily OR (not both) Ibuprofen 800 mg (4 tabs) three times a day....take with food. This will help with the inflammation....also, I agree with DrS...do the ice therapy and NEVER heat it! As for the hernia question...possible....does the swelling change if you're laying down or standing? What if you're standing and bear down? Does the swollen area change at all?

anika99890 is offline New Member
    Hi,this is anika. I am new to this forum. I don't know much about this when my friends told me about this then I saw it. I think this site is providing information about Work At Home Moms. I am here providing information about How to make money. I think this site is to be useful to whom wants to make money they require to see this. I fully recommended this site to all the people.
    ================
    anika

ab workout

PittBoy is offline Associate Member
    Nice bump

I like green eggs and spam

Thread Information