masterDbater is offline New Member

shoulder bursitis

I am now on the recovering end of having shoulder bursitis...Could it have been caused from injecting in that area where this occured?or just from yrs of training...someone has told me it was from steroid use ..I am now back in the gym doing light training until this condition heals..i have taken cortisone and numerousanti-innflammorties meds as well as hot moisture treatment...what else should i do to treat this condition?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    many reasons for bursititis but i seriously doubt it was from injecting. probably just wear and tear, it happens to the young and old. cortisone is a risky game. yes it take away the pain but it makes your ligament lax and become weaker over time and than this may lead to even worse more premanent injuries. try some simple rotator cuff strenthening exercise, higher reps light weight 10- 15 reps, can be done with dumbells or therabands(I dig the bands) google shoulder rehab exercices or try webMD the have alot of great information. i use the site in my practice often when i don't have the answer and it usually helps.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Had the same thing before bro. Couldn't even hardly brush my teeth. Had mine before even trying aas. Think it's just the wear and tear from lifting. Just takes time...it will go away in a few weeks, but it will be back sooner or later.

Thanks for the response guys...this shit is still lingering on after a month of stretching and taking meds...So the understanding i have about this is it is a permanent condition that just comes and goes??Is it possible to get rid of this once and for all w/o surgery?

give it time, i know some people who have been fine with time and rest

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    when you've tried antiinflams, what have you done? ibuprofen, aleve, bextra, celebrex? have you scheduled them or just taken them when it hurts? I give most of my pts with this to use either aleve 500mg twice daily, or ibuprofen 800mg 3 times daily; or start them on celebrex for 2 weeks; and give them info from eith the webMD website or a couple of others....how are you doing?

i am doing remarkably better...Im taking 2 celebrex daily along with 500mg of glucosimine.Amonth ago i couldnt even bring a barbell down to my chest,but yesterday at the gym i did a aflat dumbell press set with 105's for 10 reps and did 3 sets of shoulder presses with 60lbs and felt little of no pain afterwards...Aside from that im using tren en 400mg a week also which im sure is also a contributing factor as well.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by masterDbater
    i am doing remarkably better...Im taking 2 celebrex daily along with 500mg of glucosimine.Amonth ago i couldnt even bring a barbell down to my chest,but yesterday at the gym i did a aflat dumbell press set with 105's for 10 reps and did 3 sets of shoulder presses with 60lbs and felt little of no pain afterwards...Aside from that im using tren en 400mg a week also which im sure is also a contributing factor as well.
    please tell me you are taking some kind of test with that tren .....

Thread Information